Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Saw this Ford Taunus 2.0 today. Very good condition, but the paint was a bit dull. A clay bar would work miracles.

View attachment 198228
Is that what was a MK4 Cortina in the UK or is it bigger?
A Mk4 was on my list of cars I wanted and might actually own as a teenager. Never had one though - my first car wast the Mk3.

Last edited:
Is that what was a MK4 Cortina in the UK or is it bigger?
A Mk4 was on my list of cars I wanted and might a guy own as a teenager. Never had one though - my first car wast the Mk3.
I think it was, although the Mk5 looked almost the same as the Mk4 so I’m not sure.

I'm trying but struggling to work out the thought process behind that.
'I have a small fortune to throw at buying/restoring a car. What should I throw it at? I know... an Austin Maxi!' :facepalm:
Some people like the more run-of-the-mill cars, I think.
They bring back memories of me learning to drive in my Dad's Maxi. I wouldn't want to own one though!

Last edited:
Which had a tendency to collapse if you so much as looked at it wrong.
All this negativity...Britain is just starting out as an major power, free of the shackles of Europe. Shortly the Johnson regime will collapse and RLB will appoint Corbyn an minister for industry, to lead the glorious reanimation of British Leyland. The last thing we need is people like you putting the country down!

Attachments

• DA96B5F3-4694-4453-89E7-FAEAFE38D704.jpeg
    DA96B5F3-4694-4453-89E7-FAEAFE38D704.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
I'm trying but struggling to work out the thought process behind that.
'I have a small fortune to throw at buying/restoring a car. What should I throw it at? I know... an Austin Maxi!' :facepalm:
Maybe it triggers the recollection of fond memories of childhood, sat safely behind the armco while dad dealt with a steaming radiator? shrug

A bit like madeleines, and a la recherche du temps perdu...

Have we had the Austin All Aggro? :facepalm:

austin-allegro-buyers-guide.jpg

Back
Top Bottom