Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Mine was blue...unfortunately without the square steering wheel
Mine was blue too. I think I've already mentioned on here that it was the worst car, by far, that I've ever owned.
At speed the bonnet used to shake open. It only stayed down because of the safety catch.
The front side lights used to fill up with water so I had to unscrew them slightly every so often to let the water drain out.
During my ownership of the car I must have replaced most of the switches as they disintegrated.
It used to list to one side as the hydrogas suspension didn't seem to hold pressure.

ETA: I sold it and bought a BMW 2000 Touring which was older by a year but couldn't have been more different!

A feast of Soviet design, though a lot are cars you never saw in the first place

1582889632185.png

"Drawing inspiration from the VW Type 2" says Wikipedia. 'Drawing inspiration' is a useful expression!

Last edited:
A feast of Soviet design, though a lot are cars you never saw in the first place

View attachment 200033

"Drawing inspiration from the VW Type 2" says Wikipedia. 'Drawing inspiration' is a useful expression!

That Moskvich 408 is mint - I've never seen one in Russia or anywhere else.

View attachment 200033

Imagine one of those Zil 117s with modern running gear. Be either cool or mad or both.

I've just had a quick look on VK which is my go to place for Russian junk. No two door 408 Tourists at all. I assume they are amazingly rare and have all since rusted away to nothing. You can get four door 408s (which look like shit) for $1,000 - $3,000 depending on how badly the gopnik that's selling it needs money.

It's brilliant, isn't it, just wished I lived nearer.....E Type, lotus Cortina, Ensign Standard, Mini's, MR2's, old vauxhalls....great aren't they :thumbs:

I saw a real unicorn on Sunday - an MG XPower SV - the car that bankrupted three companies (DeTomaso, Mangusta and MG).

mg-x-power-sv.jpg

It's fair to say that the styling has not aged well.

I saw a real unicorn on Sunday - an MG XPower SV - the car that bankrupted three companies (DeTomaso, Mangusta and MG).

mg-x-power-sv.jpg

It's fair to say that the styling has not aged well.
I've seen cars that are much more dated than that, it's not bad looking

On an old bangers I saw yesterday, they turned up a mini Cooper s. To say it was a mess was an understatement. Many bits rusted beyond repair, doors falling off etc. They had to tie the whole thing to a pallet as it was the only way it could be safely moved. One auctioneer reckoned £500 at a push. Then you see them taking the Vin number off for fear of it being copied. £18000 at auction
:eek:
bloke that bought it said first thing to get was a complete new body she'll and even then, it would take 2 years + to sort.

I thought Holdsworth's were in Lower Richmond Road, Putney, though I may be mixing them up with similar!

Found it, the Cooper S, £18,000 for this

1583857375341.png

Unbelievable. Sierra Cosworth @ £££

I thought Holdsworth's were in Lower Richmond Road, Putney, though I may be mixing them up with similar!

Holdsworth Cycles are owned by Planet X Cycles and were based in Rotherham the last I heard.

ETA: I just read the team disbanded at the end of 2018, probably why they are not visible anymore.

Last edited:
Broken down obviously- :D

That's generally down to lack of use, start them up and get them running every week and they work fine. :)

Unbelievable. Sierra Cosworth @ £££

V6 XR4x4s will be the next ones to go the moon. You can still pick them very cheaply.

Back
Top Bottom