Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

a good Cardiff City story :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25594539
John Noctor was on a train to Arsenal's Emirates Stadium when the child fell between the train and platform at Gospel Oak station in north London.

Mr Noctor jumped onto the tracks and lifted the uninjured toddler to safety.

Now fans from both teams think he should be honoured for his actions.

Bus driver Mr Noctor rescued the child, while fans from both teams summoned help and jammed the doors to prevent the train from moving off.

Arsenal fan Roy McLoughlin had been talking to Mr Noctor before the incident, and says his actions were truly heroic.

Interesting tweet from Raphael Honigstein last night:
@honigstein said:
OGS said yes to Cardiff and has already signed two players represented by his own agent. Halo well and truly slipped.
I'm presuming he's talking about the two ex-Man Utd players mentioned in the BBC's gossip column today:
Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has moved to make former Manchester United academy players Magnus Wolff Eikrem, 23, and Mats Moller Daehli, 18, his first signings. Midfielder Eikrem is due to arrive from Heerenveen for £2m with Daehli coming from his former club Molde.

Oh look, that dabbling twat Tan's at it again.

Malaysian club deny Cardiff owner demanded logo change
Jan 6 (Reuters) - Malaysian second tier club Kedah have denied that their controversial logo change from green and yellow to red came as a caveat to a two million ringgit ($608,600) investment by Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan.
The logo switch is similar to what Malaysian businessman Tan employed at English Premier League Cardiff, who now play in red despite protests by supporters of the Welsh side who are known as the Bluebirds.

The Bernama news agency said on Sunday the logo change had angered fans of the three-times Malaysian champions, but the club's honorary secretary Aminuddin Omar rejected the suggestion they had their hand forced.

"We did not change the logo or colour according to our own taste or fancy but it was part of a transformation that KFA will be undergoing for the development of football in the state," Aminuddin was quoted as saying by Bernama.

The old logo was the brainchild of former manager Ahmad Basri Mohd Akil, who led the club to a number of honours.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/feedarticle/11134722

Also, I don't get the whole "halo slipped" thing.

Because his first act as new manager is to sign 2 players represented by the same agent as himself.

See harry redknapp / Sam allardyce.

There is a whiff of corruption.

There are brown envelopes.

He's being dodgy.

Because his first act as new manager is to sign 2 players represented by the same agent as himself.

See harry redknapp / Sam allardyce.

There is a whiff of corruption.

There are brown envelopes.

He's being dodgy.
Cheers, didn't know they had the same agent. I'm not sure you can conclude that brown envelopes featured, but yeah, a bit off.

Cheers, didn't know they had the same agent. I'm not sure you can conclude that brown envelopes featured, but yeah, a bit off.

I'm sure he would say he's been given an early option on some great prospects because of that link.

Neither did I but that's what honigstein said.

Allardyce has certainly done it at west ham. Tomkins and Collison I think both switched to his favoured agent. And rumours that Morrison refused hence his recent 'injury'. Also rumours that transfers have fallen through because of it. Andy carroll has the same agent too btw.

Redknapp always buys players who use Willie McKay. Or at least more often than would be normal.

And OGS first 2 signings happen to be managed by the same agent as himself.

It's a dodgy business, football. :(

Yes, so he knows try are good and what they are worth. Whether that is the truth, who knows....
I dunno about knowing what they're worth, but he clearly rates their abilities. I haven't seen Daehli play much but I remember Eikrem-Wolf, he's looked pretty good on the occasions I've seen him play (granted, highlight reels on NO equivalent of MOTD plus the odd international).

The farce continues....
Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan is considering legal action against sacked manager Malky Mackay.

It all comes because of the signing of striker Andreas Cornelius in a club record £7.6 million deal from Copenhagen.

Tan is furious that their bid to land the 20-year-old could cost the club over £20 million with adds on including a £1.5 million signing on fee and a five-year contract worth £11.7 million.

Cornelius has yet to score in seven outings for Cardiff in the Premier League.

The striker has yet to start a match for the Welsh side, leading to him being labelled as a flop by many fans and the media.

The Mirror claims Tan remains unhappy with Mackay, who has yet to receive his compensation package from the controversial Malaysian owner.

Since then, Cardiff have installed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as manager.

"Mackay was instructed to go out and buy a Bentley," a source close to Tan apparently told the Mirror.

"He got the funds to get some top quality international players, but Mr Tan feels Mackay bought a Toyota instead."

Tan is also said to be unhappy with the £10 million fee paid to Sevilla for Gary Medel, a figure that could rise to £15 million based on appearances.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...rs-legal-action-against-sacked-115834358.html

I've been watching events from afar, and I really can't see the day when I'll be going back down the City. The club is a farce. OGS pocketing brown envelopes for recent transfers is just another layer of shit I'm not willing to swallow.

And so Cardiff slide into the relegation zone with a truly humiliating home defeat. Great work Tan, you fucking cunt.

pompey-657-at-ninian-park-cardiff.jpg

Old school! Portsmouth at Cardiff.
http://topbuttondone.wordpress.com/2012/05/

Back
Top Bottom