Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

Why would any manager with any pretention of having a career in football take that job? One would think whoever does come in is probably going to have to have a public row with Tan just to get everyone behind the team.

I loved Tan's tactical tip in today's Western Mail--try shooting from your own half more often. Way to go Vinnie!

Off to the pub for the game now...

Pleased to see Sunderland's last minute equaliser. Tan's clearly a tool, so apologies to Cardiff fans but everyone wants you to lose/go downhill now. Maybe you do too, I guess.

New manager introduced to the crowd.

BckPIbdCUAARZFL.jpg

In the paper today Rod Liddle predicts that Cardiff's new manager will be the 8 year-old son of a taxi driver who Tan met on his hols in Tajikstan.

Good piece.
Why it’s important that Cardiff City are relegated
Before the recent game with Liverpool, BT Sport were conducting brief interviews with Cardiff fans as they arrived at Anfield. Beyond the expected hostility towards Tan, one – youngish – fan talked of the distance he felt between the team and himself, and how the recent changes to the club’s structure had disenfranchised him from his loyalties.

How sad is that? That particular fan may not be speaking for the majority, but almost certainly there are other Cardiff supporters who feel exactly the same – and you would imagine that a significant number of those would happily drop back into the Championship in exchange for the blue shirt and the original crest.

I really want Cardiff to be relegated this season; not because of any animosity towards the fans or any other sort of tribal instinct, but because I believe that it’s dangerous for clubs who are run like this to be successful. If, under Vincent Tan’s watch, Cardiff scale the Premier League and eventually find themselves in European competition or better, then a very unhealthy precedent will have been created – one which would inevitably be mimicked by other clubs in the football pyramid. Over time, maybe it would become incredibly fashionable for teams to whitewash their identity, forcefully bow to the wishes of a very rich man, and suffer in silence whilst grudgingly accepting some kind of tainted progress.

What’s been so alarming about the Cardiff situation, is the callous disregard the owner clearly has for his fans. He doesn’t listen and he doesn’t care – and he doesn’t even pretend to do either: his team, his rules, and if the supporters don’t like it then, as far as he’s concerned, they can spend their Saturdays at the rugby, instead.
And a reader responds:
The Cardiff fans didn’t mind the rebrand at the time it was being done. Thousands of them happily wore red to games until recent events. So it’s also important that Cardiff be relegated to teach their fans not to sell their souls for the promise of Premier League football.

It keeps on getting better:
Vincent Tan ‘tells Cardiff City to sign players with number eight in their birth date’

According to reports, Tan has informed Cardiff’s board that he prefers them to buy players with the number eight in their birth date.

So for example, any player born on January 8th 1988 would be right in there with Tan, who is planning on splashing the cash on new signings in the new year.

Eight is a respected number in Malaysia, and Tan in particular has a keen likening to it, with the news coming as no surprise to those who know the Cardiff supremo closely.
:facepalm:

I have always disliked Cardiff City but this clown needs chasing out. Embarrassment doesn't even come close to describing him accurately.

The one silver lining for the non-happy-clapping section of the crowd is that the threat oif Tan actually taking over as manager of the team doesn't seem likely to materialise.

The difficulty is that relegation (which many now seem to want) is likely to precipitate a Tan exit and massive financial turmoil, possibly accompanied by a late 80s style clatter down through the divisions.

That said, in that event the happy clappers and their red shirts will evaporate and it will be back to the days of playing midweek fixtures at home to York City in fromt of sub-2500 crowds.

I'd rather be free of Tan and clatter down the divisions than see the club continuing to turn into something that has no recognisable affiliation with Cardiff's heritage.

...something that has no recognisable affiliation with Cardiff's heritage.

Maybe that's just it. Wouldn't be surprised if Cardiff City were relocated to the home counties and became the Welyn Garden City Dragons or some shit. Sincerely hope not, but it's probably crossed his mind. If Cardiff fans aren't happy, cut them off completely...

From Trust website -

Banners and chanting at the Sunderland game
Posted by admin in Trust News
We have received a number of complaints regarding what was described as heavy handed stewarding during Saturday’s match against Sunderland. Banners were removed and some members said they had been asked to stop singing certain chants.
We contacted the club and here is the response of the Stadium Manager.

“We do not allow banners into the stadium that are political, discriminative, offensive or inflammatory.

I AM SURE THE TRUST WELCOME THIS POSITION?

The Safety Officer or I determine the threshold, particularly for the latter two categories for we are named persons on the safety certificate with the responsibility for providing a safe environment.

I can confirm that stewards were told to confiscate ‘Tan out’ banners & remove them from the bowl where possible. :facepalm:

After a fight almost broke out in the Canton Stand between somebody holding up a thank you Malky banner and fans who could not see the game. We advised that all large banners should be taken down (I’m sure fans had got their point across with thank you banners pre-game).

Nobody was ejected or is being viewed for chanting or simply having a banner.
There was 1 ejection for bad language which SWP are viewing for a racial public order offence and another fan is being warned pre game at the next match about his constant 4 letter tirade after complaint from fellow supporters and his behaviour will be monitored.

We can’t stop people airing their views and as long as it is not offensive, indecent, inflammatory, discriminatory or racist we will not look to take any action.”

There seems to be ever greater heavy-handedness with banners across the Premier League. The Guardian MBMs have been quite good at picking it up.

There seems to be ever greater heavy-handedness with banners across the Premier League. The Guardian MBMs have been quite good at picking it up.

The worst being the attempted confiscation of that "We are Hull City" banner, at a Hull City home game.

:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom