Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

Right. So he broke his promise and somehow that's the fans fault? Priceless stuff!

He didn't promise. He made a deal. Accept this and I'll do this. It wasn't accepted so why should he honour his part?

He didn't promise. He made a deal. Accept this and I'll do this. It wasn't accepted so why should he honour his part?
Where might I find the text of this "deal" where the fans supposedly pledged to let him do what he wants with the club in exchange for his loans being converted into investment?

Could you post it up, please?

I've been saying this headline from the start.

Tan said get behind the change and I'll convert debt.

Well we didn't get behind the change.
The fans have been in continual unrest.
On pitch performance has been affected by off pitch atmosphere leading to failure.

My only surprise is the possibility that he still might convert any at all.
Bloody hell, Comical Ali. Even by your consistently high standards of Tan sycophancy this is an absolute belter.

When I buy Cardiff, I'm going to make every fan drink a pint of horse piss before every home game. If they get behind my policy of Shergar's Cocktails then I'll clear every last bit of debt. If they don't and the club goes broke, it will be THEIR FAULT.

I just read the article that Editor linked to, and there was no mention of Tan's debt-conversion pledge being contingent on the fans' support. That's a huge claim you're making, Gromit, and based on the reaction of three posters here who strike me as pretty well-informed on the day-to-day shenanigans at CCFC, as an interested onlooker I'd like to see you post the evidence of it. Any chance?

I just read the article that Editor linked to, and there was no mention of Tan's debt-conversion pledge being contingent on the fans' support. That's a huge claim you're making, Gromit, and based on the reaction of three posters here who strike me as pretty well-informed on the day-to-day shenanigans at CCFC, as an interested onlooker I'd like to see you post the evidence of it. Any chance?
I am also waiting for some proof of this rather incredible claim.

I like Bellamy.

Bit of a silly thing this, but when he played at West a Ham there was a moment in one game when the luckless Kieron Dyer had just returned from one of his horrendous long term injuries and come on as substitute . Bellamy had the ball and was wide on the wing just outside the penalty box, Dyer was hovering some 30 yards back near the centre circle. I was close up to view on Bellamy when I watched him turn and pick out Dyer and lay the ball back for Dyer to have his first touch in competitive football for what must of been two years. It wasn't the pass for Bellamy to make, he knew what he was doing, it was a welcome back moment, a really nice gesture. Had big respect for him ever since. I hope he succeeds as a coach, was a fiery player who went off the rails a bit earlier on, but clearly has a great heart.

There are few top players that can say they did something genuinely meaningful in their lives. I think Craig Bellamy is one of them.

Sierra Leone is one of the poorest countries in the world.

http://craigbellamyfoundation.org/
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/27/craig-bellamy-manchester-city
I've sung his praises about this before. He's put a ton of time, effort and money into those projects and unlike most celebrities, doesn't go around trumpeting that fact to all and sundry. A very good bloke.

The first African graduate from the football academy founded by Cardiff City and Wales player Craig Bellamy is to fly to the USA later.

Sahid Conteh, aged 14, leaves Sierra Leone to begin a four-year sports scholarship in California.

The teenager was picked from 100 youngsters selected from 60 locations.

In January this year, the foundation supported a project to give disadvantaged young people in Cardiff a chance to volunteer in Africa.

Ten youngsters from Cardiff spent two weeks in Sierra Leone with local children leading workshops on sexual health, nutrition, skills and football.

Bellamy created the foundation after visiting the West African nation in 2007 while he was player at Liverpool.

The foundation's chief executive officer, Tim Kellow, said it aims to scout footballing and academic potential in boys aged 10 and 11.

The football academy offers five-year scholarships to children aged 11 to 13.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-19816139

I've sung his praises about this before. He's put a ton of time, effort and money into those projects and unlike most celebrities, doesn't go around trumpeting that fact to all and sundry. A very good bloke.
I forgot about that, yep I remember having the same thoughts. He just gets on with it, many others would milk this for their own PR purpose.

I forgot about that, yep I remember having the same thoughts. He just gets on with it, many others would milk this for their own PR purpose.

Cristiano Ronaldo has paid for two children with cancer to have treatment in recent years. Sadly, the coverage it gets suggests there might be mixed motives for his actions. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's entirely altruistic. I'm still glad he helped them, but it leaves a taste in the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom