Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

Well worth the rebranding, heritage-stripping and history trashing then. Well done to all those stupid glory-hunting cunts at Cardiff who clapped along to Tan's megalomaniac whims.

Sacking Malky looks to have been a stroke of utter genius now, what with the scintillating run of form the dragonbirds have gone on since his departure.

Fuck you, Tan, and fuck your 'investment'.

We're pretty much screwed. Should please a lot of the modern football haters.

I thought our best business plan would be to spend no money and come straight back down but in a stronger financial position. Pay off some of the debt with the prem windfall.

We spent a mint are coming last. Last without reducing our financial burden. :facepalm:

playing in red: check
new toytown badge: check
same old massive debt: check
fans divided: check
still presided over by a wanker: check
laughing stock of the football world: check

....and back in the championship: check

All in all it has been a fantastic season :)

playing in red: check
new toytown badge: check
same old massive debt: check
fans divided: check
still presided over by a wanker: check
laughing stock of the football world: check

....and back in the championship: check

All in all it has been a fantastic season :)

I agree with all those things, except being the laughing stock. I expected way more abuse this season, but most fans on forum and IRL I've chatted to feel sorry for us and are petrified of the same thing happening to them. Even my Swansea supporting mates think it's a disgrace and hope we can get back to being the old club that they knew and hated. They do call us Fire & Passion FC though, which is tragically funny.

I agree with all those things, except being the laughing stock. I expected way more abuse this season, but most fans on forum and IRL I've chatted to feel sorry for us and are petrified of the same thing happening to them. Even my Swansea supporting mates think it's a disgrace and hope we can get back to being the old club that they knew and hated. They do call us Fire & Passion FC though, which is tragically funny.

I agree. This season I've had lots of randoms come up and chat with me so that they can express sympathy rather than gloat. Football fans are surprisingly compassionate when it comes down to it.

I agree. This season I've had lots of randoms come up and chat with me so that they can express sympathy rather than gloat. Football fans are surprisingly compassionate when it comes down to it.
and you didn't tell them that they were doommongers and naysayers who knew nothing and just wait for the red magic to kick in and tan's vision of passion by changing the bluebird to a dragon started searing through the players veins where there'd be no stopping the rise to the top of the prem and guaranteed euro football? :eek: :confused:

I agree. This season I've had lots of randoms come up and chat with me so that they can express sympathy rather than gloat. Football fans are surprisingly compassionate
Shame there wasn't enough football fans at Cardiff prepared to stand up to Tan's club-destroying bullshit. All those spineless glory hunters must be feeling very foolish now.

nah, still the naysayers fault
if they weren't so childish and trusted the man with the money, accepting all his choices and doffing their caps and supporting whatever happened then surely Cardiff would be in the top 4!

money and prizes mean more than tradition and identity! don't they? :hmm:

Shame there wasn't enough football fans at Cardiff prepared to stand up to Tan's club-destroying bullshit. All those spineless glory hunters must be feeling very foolish now.

Fan stands for fanatic. People on who logic doesn't work. You love to support your club when all logic says it would make more sense to take up golf instead.

Fan stands for fanatic. People on who logic doesn't work. You love to support your club when all logic says it would make more sense to take up golf instead.
so are you one then?
thanks for the literal explanation, is it from a dictionary?

Yes, people who support the club and all it stands for, and that includes its heritage and its history.

I don't count glory hunting types who are prepared to sacrifice everything because some billionaire is waving his wad around as fans.

Yes, people who support the club and all it stands for, and that includes its heritage and its history.

I don't count glory hunting types who are prepared to sacrifice everything because some billionaire is waving his wad around as fans.
It's not even his wad. It's debt.

I think this describes me. I've been following the sorry Cardiff saga from afar, and am sad for my many Bluebird friends to see the club boomerang straight back down to the Championship. Having spent far too long following Vicent Tan links in the past year, I just hope he departs swiftly for the dustbin of failed playboys, and sticks to whatever it is he knows best. Which football clearly isn't.

Back
Top Bottom