• Cake

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • What kind of sicko doesn't eat all cake

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
That is very true.

Back in the day when things were right in the cake world, National Trust cafes, and similar places (including those lovely "friends of..." cafes you used to get in hospitals), always had wonderful cakes but, in recent years, my excitement at seeing old fashioned looking sponge cakes (Victoria Sponge type) in such places has been dashed by the first mouthful. Several times. I was beginning to think that I had grown out of old fashioned looking sponge cakes until I had a glorious Victoria Sponge cake in a cafe down in Margate recently and realised that it wasn't my memory or taste that was wrong.
Did you go to the Mad Hatter tearoom? They do the best cakes in Margate

I used to like them. Not had one in years, but I don’t think of it as a cake. More like a mille-feuille.
Mille feuille is delicate, flies cemetery is definitely not. But agree it's definitely not a cake.

Neither is cheesecake. Which is also horrible. (I thought I was just scarred by 70's packet mixes but i tried a proper one recently and that was rank an all.)

I don't really like coffee and walnut type cakes - but I will eat them.

Not too fond of the more vegetable-based cakes - courgette and beetroot for example - but I will eat them.

Carrot cake similarly - but I will eat it.

So no, I will eat all cakes, even the ones I don't like.

Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom