• Cake

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • What kind of sicko doesn't eat all cake

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, it was irony.

Is flee’s cemetery (fruit slice) a purely Scottish thing? I note only Scots posters have remarked.
We had them when I was growing up (in Yorkshire).

Definitely not an Eccles cake - currants between two slices of sweet pastry, served in squares.

I am sure there was a more formal name for them (not fruit slice, not anything Scottish). I've googled and can't find anything.

My dad called them flies' cemeteries. He was part (a quarter) Scottish but these pastries were easily available in cake shops.

Always disappointed when the only cake option is coffee and walnut, I don't do coffee and I don't do it in cakes. And does anyone actually like fruit cake? Why does it exist? I will eat most other cakes, though I aways find victoria sponge a bit 'meh' and I'm not that interested in carrot cake unless it's the flour-free one I make which tastes more like lemon cake anyway.

Initiates cakefight
The last cake I ate was a coffee & walnut one 🤔 I don't eat a lot of cake tbf , but none spring out as a cake I wouldn't eat .

Simnel cake (Madeira like cake with caraway seeds) inexplicably a favourite of my late Mum and offered to and rejected by the rest of us. Maybe so she could have a whole cake to herself?
cake was horrible, tasted like rancid twigs, so horrible it seems to have gone extinct.

Simnel cake (Madeira like cake with caraway seeds) inexplicably a favourite of my late Mum and offered to and rejected by the rest of us. Maybe so she could have a whole cake to herself?
cake was horrible, tasted like rancid twigs, so horrible it seems to have gone extinct.
I've not heard of putting caraway seeds in simnel cake or it being Madeira like, it sounds like what I would call seedy cake.
Simnel cake as I know it is a mid weight fruit cake with marzipan layer baked in the middle and marzipan decoration on top toasted.

I've not heard of putting caraway seeds in simnel cake or it being Madeira like, it sounds like what I would call seedy cake.
Simnel cake as I know it is a mid weight fruit cake with marzipan layer baked in the middle and marzipan decoration on top toasted.
ah - it certainly was seedy

Reactions: pug
inexplicably a favourite of my late Mum and offered to and rejected by the rest of us. Maybe so she could have a whole cake to herself?
That's the reasoning behind my love of carrot cakes.

Though Mrs maomao has a tendency to moan if I buy something she doesn't like and then eat it all before I get a chance anyway. But this applies more to crisp flavours than to cake.

Back
Top Bottom