Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I liked Angel almost as much as Buffy and as it goes on it becomes much more of an ensemble show (like Buffy) so the focus isn’t all on him if you don’t like him. You’ve also got some of the best Buffy characters becoming part of the cast of Angel. On a few occasions a storyline started in one show continues in the other, so when I rewatched Buffy I also rewatched all of Angel in the order the episodes of both shows were transmitted originally.

With both Buffy and Angel the title characters weren’t my favorites, I thought the supporting characters were far stronger.
There are websites out there that tell you when a reference to the other show is made or a storyline overlaps so that you don't need to swap dvds/folders/streaming services as often.
E2A Buffy and Angel Episode Viewing Order

Prompted by Kabbes, I've just rewatched The Gift. Haven't for years, for some reason - season three is one I've missed on my rewatches.

What's most interesting is the potential interactions when Buffy is sent to Cleveland with a different watcher - who becomes friends, and how Buffy turns out. The acting in it is outstanding (although unlike everyone else I never really liked VampWillow as a character). What was best was Giles' desperation, and Buffy being all dead-eyed when she kills Xander, and not particularly caring about being killed herself.

I wish SMG had stretched herself a bit more after Buffy, because she can definitely act.

Prompted by Kabbes, I've just rewatched The Gift. Haven't for years, for some reason - season three is one I've missed on my rewatches.

What's most interesting is the potential interactions when Buffy is sent to Cleveland with a different watcher - who becomes friends, and how Buffy turns out. The acting in it is outstanding (although unlike everyone else I never really liked VampWillow as a character). What was best was Giles' desperation, and Buffy being all dead-eyed when she kills Xander, and not particularly caring about being killed herself.

I wish SMG had stretched herself a bit more after Buffy, because she can definitely act.

cough*TheWish*cough

Agreed on everything else :)

Jesus fucking christ. A musical episode.

if this is your reaction then FUCK this show is not for you! just stop watching....

one of the best episodes.

also another :oldthumbsup: for the Angel puppet episode.

i loved Cordelia as well, and how she developed in Angel. really fucked off about the odd way her storyline fizzled out (i presume cos she had real life stuff going on, i think she had a baby?) but her return wasn't the awesomeness it should have been.

if this is your reaction then FUCK this show is not for you! just stop watching....

i loved Cordelia as well, and how she developed in Angel. really fucked off about the odd way her storyline fizzled out (i presume cos she had real life stuff going on, i think she had a baby?) but her return wasn't the awesomeness it should have been.
I was a latecomer to Buffy a few years ago, and I love musicals, and the first time I saw OMWF I thought bits of it were awful. I love it now, but partly with affection towards the more ropey bits.

I was a latecomer to Buffy a few years ago, and I love musicals, and the first time I saw OMWF I thought bits of it were awful. I love it now, but partly with affection towards the more ropey bits.

yeah i think you need to love the characters to love the episode. it doesn't standalone as a great musical!

mrsb does like to show that episode to people. Last non-buffy viewer to be so forced was unimpressed ‘so it’s good because they can’t sing very well and everything works out okay because of homophobia’

And sod minor discrepancies in the Wish (to which I will return, it gets a little complicated) the new laws governing electrical currents introduced in the killing of Balthazar are far more egregious.

Been watching / listening to Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast on YouTube, he played Lex Luthor in Smallville and he gets some very good guests on, all talking quite candidly.

Recently was James Marsters and it was heavily focused on Buffy, some good new stuff in there (including the time Joss Whedon got angry and almost physical with him because Spike wasn't supposed to be popular apparently :D)

So I've just watched all seven seasons for the first time (All4) AND read 64 pages of thread. I'm now desperate to watch Angel. I even logged into Facebook Watch (who even knew that was a thing..? :eek:) as the internet told me it was on there. It doesn't seem to be though.

The options seem to be paying for it on Amazon Prime (£12.99 a season) or buying the DVDs. Anyone got any other bright ideas...?

So I've just watched all seven seasons for the first time (All4) AND read 64 pages of thread. I'm now desperate to watch Angel. I even logged into Facebook Watch (who even knew that was thing..? :eek:) as the internet told me it was on there. It doesn't seem to be though.

The options seem to be paying for it on Amazon Prime (£12.99 a season) or buying the DVDs. Anyone got any other bright ideas...?
One of us, one of us, one of us. Welcome :D

:D I will watch what I want. You can't stop me!

No one reads the whole thread if they didn't love it :thumbs: so what was your favourite bit?

Happy to lend Angel DVDs if you're in London :)
Oh God, favourite bit? How am I meant to have a favourite bit??? Loved the Dawn storyline (if not Dawn so much), loved the Scooby gang and Spike, The Body and OMWF made me cry. (Death and the whole heaven thwarted thing...) It's fair to say I loved it all really. (Even the not so good bits -- mainly the 'OMG, she's so too good for him' Riley stuff -- were still way better than most things.)

I also really liked Willow's early on dungarees.

That's very kind. I may need to see if I can get my DVD player working before I do anything though as think it's on the blink. :)

ETA Oh, and the whole Angel losing his soul and the Jenny thing. That was shocking. Oh, and when they played evil Faith.

Did I forget to mention my Oz love*? Now binging Angel, thanks to kabbes.

Angel: Oz.

Oz : Angel.

Angel : Nice surprise.

Oz: Thanks.

Angel: Staying long?

Oz: Few days.

[long pause]

Doyle : [to Cordelia] They always like this?

Oz: No, we're usually laconic.

:D

* Obvs cheating on Willow with werewolf woman wasn't good but hey...

And just cos.

WILLOW: "Do you wanna make out with me?"

OZ: "What?!"

WILLOW: "Forget it. I'm sorry. Well, do you?"

OZ: "Sometimes, when I'm sitting in class--you know, I'm not thinking about class, 'cause that would never happen--I think about kissing you. And, it's like everything stops. It's like, it's like...freeze frame. Willow kissage. (pauses) Oh, I'm not gonna kiss you."

WILLOW: "What? But...freeze frame!"

OZ: "Well, to the casual observer, it would appear that you're trying to make your friend Xander jealous, or even the score...or something. And that's on the empty side. See, in my fantasy, when I'm kissing you, you're kissing me. It's ok, I can wait."

This is probably why I'm so single.

Back
Top Bottom