Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

They're making the (shit) film into a series rather than remaking the series. Have I understood that right? Whedon has wanted to put that right for a long time afaik :)

The concept is able to be played several different ways. I withhold judgement until I know more. Certainly an attempt to recreate the series would not be met too warmly, but it doesn't have to be like that at all.

I actually saw the film before the series. I saw it on VHS when my sister hired it from the video store. And now I have lost all the Millenials.

The series was still a twinkle in Whedon’s eye. You didn’t really get tv series spin offs back then, so it came as a surprise.

I saw the film at some point in my teens, having grown up watching the TV series with no idea that there even was a film or how it related to the series.

It was awful :D

Not sure how I feel about a new series.

Are they going to have a new actress playing Buffy? Or just a new lead, who is a slayer, but isn't called Buffy? Or a new slayer who is called Buffy, but is a different person from THE Buffy?

The next generation has tonnes of slayers at once. You can do that series but it wouldn’t be “the vampire slayer”

The next generation has tonnes of slayers at once. You can do that series but it wouldn’t be “the vampire slayer”

You could though. Someone - Giles or grown-up Willow or someone new - does some magic to revert the slayer power back to one person, or possibly a group of people. They do this because they've seen the havoc the hundreds of slayers thing causes (this is somewhat addressed in the couple of "season whatever" graphic novels I've read).

It would certainly work a lot better than an actual reboot.

You could though. Someone - Giles or grown-up Willow or someone new - does some magic to revert the slayer power back to one person, or possibly a group of people. They do this because they've seen the havoc the hundreds of slayers thing causes (this is somewhat addressed in the couple of "season whatever" graphic novels I've read).

It would certainly work a lot better than an actual reboot.

Opening voiceover "A wizard did it". Or play into it with the first big bad who has wiped out all the other potentials leaving just one who has been hidden from the world by her hyper protective dad who named her after a girl he once knew. When they're discovered he's sliced up and she's sent to live with her estranged mother/ adoptive parents and has to deal with being a slayer and being thrown into a load of mean girls shit she isn't prepared for. No need for a full fucking reboot.

Opening voiceover "A wizard did it". Or play into it with the first big bad who has wiped out all the other potentials leaving just one who has been hidden from the world by her hyper protective dad who named her after a girl he once knew. When they're discovered he's sliced up and she's sent to live with her estranged mother/ adoptive parents and has to deal with being a slayer and being thrown into a load of mean girls shit she isn't prepared for. No need for a full fucking reboot.

ANYTHING other than a reboot.

Back
Top Bottom