Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

At midnight.

I was up with the baby watching Hush. When the episode ended at 12:15 they'd pulled the plug.

Netflix is the only way of watching that really works for me - DVD not portable enough to watch while feeding the baby at night, and Amazon Prime (which I don't have) only has subtitles if you download episodes.

I'm gutted.

Is that a global thing or just net flix uk.

I use tunnel bear vpn
Since the "crack down" on proxies it's a little harder you usually need to restart Netflix and the VPN a few times to fool it.

At midnight.

I was up with the baby watching Hush. When the episode ended at 12:15 they'd pulled the plug.

Netflix is the only way of watching that really works for me - DVD not portable enough to watch while feeding the baby at night, and Amazon Prime (which I don't have) only has subtitles if you download episodes.

I'm gutted.

Bastards!! But what a high to go out on. Imagine if it had been something like Beer Bad?

The box sets are worth getting though

Bastards!! But what a high to go out on. Imagine if it had been something like Beer Bad?

Just don't have the room. Again it will probably be still available on some Netflix region just use a proxy

Just don't have the room. Again it will probably be still available on some Netflix region just use a proxy
I think in the US Buffy got taken off Netflix last year because I've seen petitions to keep it going. They only buy the rights to stream these shows for a period, then they would have to renew again.

Last edited:
Streaming services squire the right to shows f

I think in the US Buffy got taken off Netflix last year because I've seen petitions to keep it going. They only buy the rights to stream these shows for a period, then they would have to renew again.

Quite. It is surprising the variation and selection is vastly different from region to region. Antman is already on Australian netflixs

I've read about a Blu-ray release of the entire show, so it could be that they are making it less accessible so there will be more demand.

I've read about a Blu-ray release of the entire show, so it could be that they are making it less accessible so there will be more demand.

I downloaded a couple of the 'HD' remastered episodes that were played on the US channel Pivot, it was awful.

The budget of the show and filming techniques / aspect ratio meant the frame frequently contained crew members and boom mics or script pages, not to mention the whole thing just looked off in terms of brightness.

Pointless exercise.

I downloaded a couple of the 'HD' remastered episodes that were played on the US channel Pivot, it was awful.

The budget of the show and filming techniques / aspect ratio meant the frame frequently contained crew members and boom mics or script pages, not to mention the whole thing just looked off in terms of brightness.

Pointless exercise.
I read that they bungled the HD transfers and there was (another) petition to correct them for a possible Blu-ray release. With other shows like Star Trek, Twin Peaks and The X-Files getting restored for HD and getting a Blu-ray release I can still see Buffy happening.

I read that they bungled the HD transfers and there was (another) petition to correct them for a possible Blu-ray release.

It would be nice but I honestly don't see how they can do it justice.

Shedloads of work and the input of David Simon went into remastering The Wire and even then several scenes are tarnished by the change in framing. None of the original creative team are likely to be involved in redoing the Buffy remaster so I'm happy with the slightly fuzzy 90's look the show has (although Season 1 was especially soft focus at times :D)

Pointless exercise.

I know series 1 was shot on 16mm and I THINK they only started on 35mm By season 3.

It would be nice but I honestly don't see how they can do it justice.

Shedloads of work and the input of David Simon went into remastering The Wire and even then several scenes are tarnished by the change in framing. None of the original creative team are likely to be involved in redoing the Buffy remaster so I'm happy with the slightly fuzzy 90's look the show has (although Season 1 was especially soft focus at times :D)
The first couple of Buffy season's will always look crap, but they should start looking good from 4 onwards. They re-framed the first four seasons of The X-Files for 16:9 and while some hard-core fans were up in arms about it, they look fine. At least they were shot in 35mm, unlike Buffy which for the first few seasons at least was shot on 16mm.

The first couple of Buffy season's will always look crap, but they should start looking good from 4 onwards. They re-framed the first four seasons of The X-Files for 16:9 and while some hard-core fans were up in arms about it, they look fine. At least they were shot in 35mm, unlike Buffy which for the first few seasons at least was shot on 16mm.

True, there's a noticeable difference between S1-3 and S4 onwards.

S1 of Buffy is almost 'Charmed' levels of lighting.

I don't know much about what you're talking about (and I don't even believe in HD) but even if they made it wonderful and glossy the clothes and haircuts would still be a disaster :)

My parents have an HD TV and it ruins loads of television.
Its generally ok with modern films but anything older or most TV dramas, it make everything look like Eastenders iyswim?
The way that British soaps are filmed, it all looks like that.
Which ruins the magic of older stuff or even modern TV that's set in the past.

I always keep two copies of the whole lot of Buffy just in case

1 on the pc and 1 on an external hard drive. :oops: :cool:

I started rewatching from the start of season 2 a few weeks ago, so I have just seen Beer Bad :( I'da skipped it if I'd known.

Tbh I'd probably just have started at season 5 if I'd known. Or watched OMWF and tabula rasa over and over.

We don't have a working dvd player atm so box sets would be a slightly odd purchase... and I really want the portability of watching on my ipad (in bed).

I started rewatching from the start of season 2 a few weeks ago, so I have just seen Beer Bad :( I'da skipped it if I'd known.

Tbh I'd probably just have started at season 5 if I'd known. Or watched OMWF and tabula rasa over and over.

We don't have a working dvd player atm so box sets would be a slightly odd purchase... and I really want the portability of watching on my ipad (in bed).
I love Beer Bad :confused:

Our Internet is down so watching Angel to fill time with something I don't have to concentrate hard on.
I skipped the first series, even though I loved Doyle, it's the weakest.

It looking shit doesn't bother me.
In fact I find it comforting/endearing.
It's the weakest of the lot in story, acting etc but I still love it coz you know it's finding it's feet and what it leads to.

Plus there are many hilarious lines and genuinely creepy moments (invisible girl? Abusive cheermom? Not the effects, but the intent behind them was effectively conveyed IMO).

I also LOVE the tragic outfits/make up/hairdos :D

Plus there are many hilarious lines and genuinely creepy moments (invisible girl? Abusive cheermom? Not the effects, but the intent behind them was effectively conveyed IMO).

I also LOVE the tragic outfits/make up/hairdos :D

My abiding memory of the clothes is wondering how many pairs of dungarees Willow owned...(and in hindsight that goes some way to explain other developments in later seasons)

My abiding memory of the clothes is wondering how many pairs of dungarees Willow owned...(and in hindsight that goes some way to explain other developments in later seasons)
Willow was my favourite character, but her clothes were horrible. In the pilot she was dressed credibly as a computer geek who didn't care about clothes, but from then on they kept trying to make her into some horrible, 90s teen boho fashion plate. Those hats !

Back
Top Bottom