Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Also frankly if you watch the prom episode and don't choke up I think there's something really fucking wrong with you.

I'm sorry but if your soul doesn't sing when Buffy says "hi I'm buffy the vampire slayer and you are?" in Anne you are just broken as a person.

Similar moment in 'The Freshman' when she says 'the arm's hurt, it's not broken' and she twats that vampire beeatch!

Similar moment in 'The Freshman' when she says 'the arm's hurt, it's not broken' and she twats that vampire beeatch!

Or Xander twacking Glory with the wrecking ball "and the glorified bowler picks up a spare". Or
Giles in the same episode murdering whats his name which shows how dark buffy can be

He was acting an American trying and failing to do an English accent. He does it perfectly. If he'd reverted to an actual English accent then all verisimilitude would have been lost.

Kabbes that was sarcasm. for example he calls himself Oliver in that sting, after "Oliver Cromwell what killed all my ancestors" referring to the slaughter at Drogheda.

Domonic West is a Eton graduate playing a Irish American cop who's so Irish American he spends his time drinking Jameson, and then when it comes to the time he pretends to be a foreigner he puts on a terrible British accent, the situation is so meta I'm surprised cats didn't appear in a immediate meme.

He's also the biggest swollen asshole in all of law enforcement.

We're watching all the Wires for the first time each Friday night with friends. Not much past that episode, actually.

I've never seen The Wire.

Buffy fans, do you ever watch Charmed?! I like it. Not as good as Buffy by a mile but I still enjoy it.

I've never seen The Wire.

Buffy fans, do you ever watch Charmed?! I like it. Not as good as Buffy by a mile but I still enjoy it.

No no no no glitter, charmed is like own brand cornflakes compared to buffy.

He's also the biggest swollen asshole in all of law enforcement.

We're watching all the Wires for the first time each Friday night with friends. Not much past that episode, actually.

Spoken like Rawles. Mc Nulty is a gapping asshole. But he's our gapping asshole.

I agree. But I like it. Buffy is proper television. Charmed is light entertainment.

But you just announced you've never seen the wire. Shut up and watch it. Good tv is good tv, and why watch crap like charmed when the wire is out there.

But you just announced you've never seen the wire. Shut up and watch it. Good tv is good tv, and why watch crap like charmed when the wire is out there.

:)

I am suitably reprimanded.

I struggle to invest time in stuff I haven't seen before atm because it's all interrupted by a demanding baby :)

When I have another and go on mat leave I'll get The Wire and watch it.

:)

I am suitably reprimanded.

I struggle to invest time in stuff I haven't seen before atm because it's all interrupted by a demanding baby :)

When I have another and go on mat leave I'll get The Wire and watch it.

Iguana is a fan of Charmed. Even she admits it's guilty pleasure. The appropriate word is guilty. The Wire is hard work. I was just teasing, I fucking hate charmed though.

Iguana is a fan of Charmed. Even she admits it's guilty pleasure. The appropriate word is guilty. The Wire is hard work. I was just teasing, I fucking hate charmed though.

Sometimes it annoys me but when it annoys me there's generally someone pretty to look at. :)

Piper is mint. I wish I could blow stuff up and freeze stuff.

Say hi to Iguana for me.

hahaha :D

Is Eliza Dushku Canadian or is Faith supposed to be Canadian? She seems to say "aboot" a lot.

Google says Watertown, Massachusetts - which means nothing to me :oops: Also, to anyone offended, I think Bostonian accents are well fit ;)

I've been reading a blog that argues that Angel was a superior series to Buffy.

, Angel is the finest of Whedon’s shows, demonstrating an extraordinary ability to reinvent itself every year for five years – mainly as a result of behind-the-scenes events – and challenging its audience with truly mature themes, exploring that lost feeling people get in their twenties in a way that no other show really bothered to. Buffy did a bit of that too, of course, but there’s something about Angel’s characters that had a greater resonance with me.

Fair point plus Adam Baldwin as a villian for the win.

you take the 30 thousand on the left I take the dragon

Watch the corporation starter of harmless and prove me wrong.

Charmed is the spiritual home of Buffy fans, much like fans of Ann Rice end up readin her shockingly bad erotica novels when they are finished with Interview With a Vampire

And then on to 'Lives of the Mayfair Witches' sequence.

So I read them all myself yeah. Don't judge me damn you.

S3E2 - Buffy's friends and mum are being seriously harsh. The girl had to stab the love of her life and send him to another dimension for all eternity! On top of that she was expelled from school, framed for murder and had her mother reject her!

I think that should permit someone a little wigging out and dealing time without getting "you abandoned us and we're upset about it" on her return.

But that's just me.

I agree, but I think it's probably accurate to how humans react and feel. I'm watching Homecoming. 'Cordelia, the spatula' :D I do love the running theme that guns are never useful.

Back
Top Bottom