Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I'm introducing my daughter to Buffy at the moment. After the first episode she was a bit Wtf??

We're onto series 2 now and she's hooked! :D

I think I'm watching an episode I've never seen before! :eek:

The swim team one with Wentworth Miller from Prison Break. Absolutely nothing is ringing a bell, and I think I'd remember... holy fuck he just ripped himself open and became a sea monster!

The swim team one with Wentworth Miller from Prison Break. Absolutely nothing is ringing a bell, and I think I'd remember... holy fuck he just ripped himself open and became a sea monster!
Boy, coach really loves his team.

Lord Camomile said:

Odd you should say that. That's an episode I have seen the least and often forget about.

Odd you should say that. That's an episode I have seen the least and often forget about.
Yeah, I did wonder if it was just a forgettable one, but normally there's something in an episode that seems familiar. The only thing that was vaguely familiar was the steam, but that could be used in other stuff too.

Lord Camomile said:
Yeah, I did wonder if it was just a forgettable one, but normally there's something in an episode that seems familiar. The only thing that was vaguely familiar was the steam, but that could be used in other stuff too.

I don't think it's forgettable, as in its crap, Xander is brilliant in it :)

I don't think it's forgettable, as in its crap, Xander is brilliant in it :)

And he wears those tiny swimming trunks.

Jonathan's great in it too. I love Jonathan.

Actually, I was thinking about this after watching Superstar last week, don't you think the Scoobies were really mean to Jonathan. After he cast the glamour to be awesome he says to Buffy that he just wanted to be their friends (or words to that effect). If they'd been kind to him things would have been very different I think.

Just finished Season 2. Some thoughts:
  • Buffy wears a higher proportion of sensible fighting clothes in this season, which pleases me.
  • Possibly as a result of this, her fighting is much better than in Season 1. Possibly though they just got a better stunt double and/or SMG had more training.
  • Why do vampires' clothes turn to dust too?
  • Why do vampires live in places with so much wood? That's always bothered me.
  • Angel's final transformation, while emotional and tragic, is surely suspicious to say the least from Buffy's point of view? Just as she's about to lop his head off he suddenly turns back to good Angel? Angelus has shown he's not beyond serious mind games, and would be an obvious trick to pull. I suppose his eyes do that glowing thing, but aside from that she's got no real reason to believe him. Except because she wants to, of course.
  • SMG is a much better actor than David Boreanz.
  • Oh Willow, how I love thee.

If they'd been kind to him things would have been very different I think.
When Andrew and Jonathan are making plans in s7 (?) don't they say something along the lines of 'help Buffy, join her gang and possibly hang out at her house'? I love Jonathan and Andrew.

p.s. Hello lovely thread :)

When Andrew and Jonathan are making plans in s7 (?) don't they say something along the lines of 'help Buffy, join her gang and possibly hang out at her house'? I love Jonathan and Andrew.

p.s. Hello lovely thread :)

Yes!! I love them too. It makes me sad what happened to Jonathan.

I was thinking of you this morning because I watched Doomed. (I'm just an old friend of Xanderrrrs here) :D

I'm still Spike-fixated....'we killed a homeless man on this bench (sob)'

Also, when all the adults start acting like kids in that candy-bar episode, did anyone else notice Giles go all Dick van Dyke? Why do American shows think the English accent goes Fauntleroy/urchin: cockernee: terribly, terribly posh as a person gets older? And why do English actors not object??!!

Also, when all the adults start acting like kids in that candy-bar episode, did anyone else notice Giles go all Dick van Dyke? Why do American shows think the English accent goes Fauntleroy/urchin: cockernee: terribly, terribly posh as a person gets older? And why do English actors not object??!!

Forget the accent, HE SHAGGED BUFFY'S MUM!!!!!

I know what you mean about the accents though. Always made me laugh in Frasier when Daphne's family came. Half Manc and a few Cockneys!

Apparently it cost 4000 dollars every time Buffy dusted a vampire.

This is depressingly not the most random fact I know about Visual effects and TV. The most Random fact involves the show Lost, and 300 Gallons of Milk

I know what you mean about the accents though. Always made me laugh in Frasier when Daphne's family came. Half Manc and a few Cockneys!

If your brothers include Robbie Coltraine and Richard E Grant, expect random encounters on the accent table.

Dominic West's english accent is the worst example of this.

He was in the year below David Cameron in Eton for fuck's sake

I don't remember seeing The Zeppo before but I think it's my new favourite episode :D

The genuine brilliance of Buffy is that they can do the Zeppo, or Hush or Once more with Feeling, once a season. There's few tv series that can have that kind of originality once, never mind once every season.

Back
Top Bottom