Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I watched Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing last night.

Was great fun seeing Wesley and Winifred sparring through The Bard.

Add in all the other Whedon alumni and the fact they all looked like they had such fun doing it and it is well worth a watch.

Enjoyed it muchly.

:cool:

Buffy/Angel accents:

Spike - mostly decent when he concentrates...with the occasional shocker.
Wesley - so good that until Googling him last night after Much Ado, I thought he was English! (he did live there for 13 years...)
Drusilla - Oh poor, sweet Dick Van Drusilla. One of the most unutterably execrable English accents in the history of screen and stage...but we still love her right? :D

Others?

Buffy/Angel accents:

Wesley - so good that until Googling him last night after Much Ado, I thought he was English! (he did live there for 13 years...)
Drusilla - Oh poor, sweet Dick Van Drusilla. One of the most unutterably execrable English accents in the history of screen and stage...but we still love her right? :D

Others?
Poor old Kendra. Wtf.

And there is a worse English accent even than Drusilla. One of the potentials in series 7, whose name I forget.

Just remembered in terms of big bads -- Caleb! He was good, if not as good as good as Wilkins or Glory. Also, he was a #1 henchman rather than chief bad guy.

But that reminded me of another cool Buffy moment -- when she beat Caleb with the axe, having told Angel to wait this fight out.

Poor old Kendra. Wtf.

And there is a worse English accent even than Drusilla. One of the potentials in series 7, whose name I forget.

Vi (Felicia Day, also of "Town Called Eureka" and season 7 of "Supernatural")? Sounded like someone mixing mockney with mid-Atlantic, with a touch of NZ thrown in?

Just remembered in terms of big bads -- Caleb! He was good, if not as good as good as Wilkins or Glory. Also, he was a #1 henchman rather than chief bad guy.

But that reminded me of another cool Buffy moment -- when she beat Caleb with the axe, having told Angel to wait this fight out.

Poor mans Saint of Killers

Buffy/Angel accents:

Others?

It's been mentioned before but Angel's Irish accent :facepalm: :D

And when she is showing the Initiative guys how she fights and she just destroys them all whilst simultaneously being a bit embarrassed about it.

Riley has incapacitated over 15 hostiles.

I mean I thought last week was a big deal for you, but now I have to find the pural for apocalypse

My claim to fame was to maim and to mangle, vengeance was miiiiiiine. I have been singing that over and over again today :D:oops:

I forgot how awesome/sad the end of s2 is - watched it last night.

I decided to watch Buffy again cos of this thread :D Originally I only made up to the middle of season 4, I think because Buffy was growing up and I was still only 13/14.

Just started season 2 now and I was thinking that it's dated pretty well, considering other 90s US TV, the fashion/hair isn't that bad.

I decided to watch Buffy again cos of this thread :D Originally I only made up to the middle of season 4, I think because Buffy was growing up and I was still only 13/14.

Just started season 2 now and I was thinking that it's dated pretty well, considering other 90s US TV, the fashion/hair isn't that bad.
S2 is better than S1 tbf. S1 there is lots of the crop tops with matchy matchy shirts unbuttoned over the top. And some double denim. And Buffy wearing Angel's slightly shiny leather jacket made me remember my teenage years and cringe a lot

There's an extra on the season 2 DVD called Dressing Buffy about the wardrobe choices and the fact that in the first season they tried to make her more earthy but that by the second season they realised they needed to make her more of a valley girl

I'd forgotten how bad and 90s so much of the fashion was.... Buffy has serious layering and backcombing in S1 and some of the coloured velour tshirts the blokes wear haven't aged well....

Wait until you see the pink kecks in Buffy vs Dracula

I'm a dick! :)

I was totes sure I'd looked that up and it was.

:ashamed:

I was convinced convinced I say, that Stef from the Goonies (last on the right)

633537919186582314.jpg

played Starbuck in new Battlestar, so convinced that my has wife repeatedly had to demonstrate how wrong I am.

I was convinced convinced I say, that Stef from the Goonies (last on the right)

633537919186582314.jpg

played Starbuck in new Battlestar, so convinced that my has wife repeatedly had to demonstrate how wrong I am.

Yeah, that's exactly it! I've done this before. I'm actually gutted I've done it about Buffy though :)

(Was she in Parenthood?)

Back
Top Bottom