Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

i think i tried to watch the first season of buffy and never got into it, then started watching about season3/4. then of course wanted to watch earlier ones but had to painfully wait for them to repeat them.

so, at the point they introduced Dawn, i hadn't watched all of the earlier seasons yet and was really confused as i didn't get it was deliberate that the audience hadn't seen her before.

i actually liked Dawn. and OF COURSE Tara.

Riley was the only dull character.

i read somewhere that Dawn's actress repeatedly begged for a part in Buffy and suggested herself as an ideal younger sister. essentially got the part created for her. not sure if that's in any way true.

and the Angel spin-off was great once it got going, especially Lorne, and Fred and it's worth sticking it out to the end purely for the puppet episode. ridiculously funny.

But how do you know when to watch each episodes? At what point do the series sync up and do you just alternate between one episode of Buffy and then one of Angel?

There's a wiki that'll probably do it.

But off the top of my head (for the first season of Angel at least):

Harsh Light of Day (S4 Buffy), then In the Dark (S1 Angel)
Pangs (S4 Buffy), then I Will Remember You (S1 Angel)
This Year's Girl (Parts 1 and 2, S4 Buffy), then Five by Five and Sanctuary (S1 Angel), then The Yoko Factor (Buffy S4) - although this misses some Buffy eps out

Which is the one where Angel gets made human and Buffy sees him but then she thinks she's only been there for an hour? She references it in an episode to Willow and that's it.

I was thinking about this thread before (because I'm sad and also very Buffy obsessed so it's right up my street) and was thinking of top moments where Buffy herself is awesome.

*Kicking in the door of the Bronze to make an entrance in the musical
*Throwing the sword at Kutner from House in Checkpoint 'I'm fairly certain I said no interruptions'
*When she turns round with the hammer and sickle in Anne
*The rocket launcher! The rocket launcher!!! 'That was then, this is now!' BOOM!!!!
*Hitting Glory with the hammer
*'The arm's hurt, it's not broken'

There's tons more but that's off the top of my head.

Could the person who confessed to having kept a life-sized cardboard figure of Spike by their bed please post up pictorial evidence of said artefact? :mad: :) Please, pretty please? ... with sugar on top. :cool:

Could the person who confessed to having kept a life-sized cardboard figure of Spike by their bed please post up pictorial evidence of said artefact? :mad: :) Please, pretty please? ... with sugar on top. :cool:

I haven't got any of the original (my ex made me take him down because he gave him the creeps and he didn't survive a move) but I'll try and fine a pic of it on Google.

Oh no, I have to google Spike. Shame! :)

I was thinking about this thread before (because I'm sad and also very Buffy obsessed so it's right up my street) and was thinking of top moments where Buffy herself is awesome.

*Kicking in the door of the Bronze to make an entrance in the musical
*Throwing the sword at Kutner from House in Checkpoint 'I'm fairly certain I said no interruptions'
*When she turns round with the hammer and sickle in Anne
*The rocket launcher! The rocket launcher!!! 'That was then, this is now!' BOOM!!!!
*Hitting Glory with the hammer
*'The arm's hurt, it's not broken'

There's tons more but that's off the top of my head.

Yes, the whole programme consists of endless isolated Buffy Is COOL moments.

When she beats the uber-vampire to teach the potentials a lesson. That's pretty bloody cool.

Yes, the whole programme consists of endless isolated Buffy Is COOL moments.

When she beats the uber-vampire to teach the potentials a lesson. That's pretty bloody cool.

Yeah!!

And in Chosen when she gets up, someone throws her the scythe and she spins round taking the heads off about four Ubervamps!

When the vampires were surrounding the Master's bones and she just appears in the circle as she dusts one!

Oh dear I just got to the bit where Kendra shows up. She's supposed to be what exactly, Welsh? There are hints of Scotland and Northern Ireland in there as well, and every so often she sounds a bit Jamaican.

Oooh, ooh. When the spell combines to produce the hybrid Buffy-Xander-Willow-Giles and she kicks Adam's arse.

She did COOL very well, did SMG.

"You can never hope to grasp the source of our power."

<shivers>

I particularly like the cracking kick in the balls she gives Angel in S2, when she's fighting him in the mall and he taunts her about not being able to kill him. All the frustration, the rage, the hurt and quite a lot of childish satisfaction channelled into one very cool nutcrusher.

And when she is showing the Initiative guys how she fights and she just destroys them all whilst simultaneously being a bit embarrassed about it.

I love the bit when she's with Riley and professor what's-her-name and they're bragging that Riley has killed 17 demons and then they ask Buffy how many she has offed.

Ion my 3 year old thinks she's called puffy :D

The bit where Giles blindfolds her and gives her the basketball and she points it away from him, bounces it off the wall and twats him in the head :D

Kicking the knives away in Giles's song in the musical. I love that bit.

Omg I've just remembered the s7 ep when willow c comes back from England and she and the scoobies can't see each other. The gnarl is a wicked demon too, terrifying :cool: 'ew thumbs, THUMBS' :D
W: Spike's what in the what-ment? A: Insane. Base.

Not a very good troll, though. A good troll would at least have a hint of believability behind it.

I don't think Buffy ever hamfistedly attempted to address themes of passing and racial tensions in the deep south before giving up and concentrating on frenzied sex and gore

so there

Back
Top Bottom