Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

3, 2, 5, 4, 7, 6, 1 for me in that order.

The first season I watched was 4, from Hush onwards. Then I went back and watched all the previous seasons before 5 started.

The bit where Angel kills Miss Calendar was the moment I knew that this series was not like other programmes and that i would love it always. Killing off a major character not for heroic reasons but just because she was in the way -- you would never know who was safe after that.

That was brutal. The way Angel set it up for Giles to find her is horrendous. I can't watch that episode.

Also, in the musical when Buffy gets to the Bronze and kicks the door off to get in.....how fucking cool is that?

Most of the characters were even better in their 'evil' personas I felt.

Angel, Spike, Faith, Hyena Xander, Dark Willow.

Special mention for Giles letting Ripper out of the box to kill Ben in cold blood because he knew Buffy wouldn't, proper chilling moment.

That's fun in small bursts, but would you real have watched the show with only evil characters running around ? I think that would have become boring pretty fast. The success of Buffy was always down to it being a coming of age allegory where everyday teenage problems were comically exaggerated into the monstrous. But you still need relatable, likeable characters for the bulk of the story.

That's fun in small bursts, but would you real have watched the show with only evil characters running around ? I think that would have become boring pretty fast. The success of Buffy was always down to it being a coming of age allegory where everyday teenage problems were comically exaggerated into the monstrous. But you still need relatable, likeable characters for the bulk of the story.

Of course, although I'd argue Spike's character suffered due to a need to have him interacting with the main characters on a more regular basis.

The rest were good as small glimpses into the darker sides of their personalities.

Of course, although I'd argue Spike's character suffered due to a need to have him interacting with the main characters on a more regular basis.

The rest were good as small glimpses into the darker sides of their personalities.

Spike is a little different because he got introduced as a villain. I see what you mean, but I thought he was just as much fun as an anti-hero. He always retained an edge.

I suppose it makes sense for Spike to go the way he did, as a human (and to a certain extent with Dru) he was shown as "love's bitch", his puppy dogging over Buffy just irritated me after a while.

Anya and xanders song is great. Spikes song. The one about being on fire, or something, as buffy, scoobies & spike walk to confront the demon.

That order, I think.

Special mention to willow and Tara's song.

So what, in your head/heart, happens to Buffy after the series end (bearing in mind I haven't seen the last series of Angel or read the 's8' Buffy comics)? Does she finally settle down with Angel? I'm not sure what I think, but probably not the Angel thing.

Yes that was a lame attempt that should just read 'nooooooooooo thread don't dieeeeeeeeee' :oops::(:D

I remembered an ace Willow quote for this thread and I've forgotten the fucker :mad:

I'm going with 'Angel, if I tell you something you don't want to hear do you promise not to bite me?'

Back
Top Bottom