Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I just watched a clip of where Buffy finds her Mum, her acting is brilliant. It wouldn't have worked if the acting hadn't been as good as the ideas and the writing, it's obvious no-one was cast purely for their looks although it is a very good-looking cast of course.

I do wonder how actually good looking they all are - I suspect it's partly the great characters/writing/acting iyswim. Apart from Faith, who is just.. *dribbles*

I just watched a clip of where Buffy finds her Mum, her acting is brilliant. It wouldn't have worked if the acting hadn't been as good as the ideas and the writing, it's obvious no-one was cast purely for their looks although it is a very good-looking cast of course.

I can't watch that. Its really raw. I think we have to credit the director for that scene too. The fact that there's no background sound adds to the rawness.

I can't watch that. Its really raw. I think we have to credit the director for that scene too. The fact that there's no background sound adds to the rawness.

Sometimes there is what sounds like the kind of high frequency hum you hear in your brain when things are really shitted up, before it is suddenly cut out. That was genius too.

That episode deserves all the adulation and awards that it got.

Sometimes there is what sounds like the kind of high frequency hum you hear in your brain when things are really shitted up, before it is suddenly cut out. That was genius too.

That episode deserves all the adulation and awards that it got.

Yep. It gets the way your brain goes strange in times of stress perfectly.

Pretty sure that Once More With Feeling placed very highly on C4's list of the top 100 musicals of all time. Because it is a proper musical -- the plot is advanced through the songs. And the reason for it being a musical grows organically out of the plot too. Perfect.

Apparently, Whedon turned up on day 1 of the production meetings for Season 6 with the script, lyrics and musics all completely written and finished and threw it down on the table. He knew exactly how he wanted it, and he knew it was going to be the beating heart of the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom