Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British woman has her holiday to Benidorm ruined "because her hotel had 'too many Spanish people"

You're losing track of your own posts here, Ralph. You described yourself as 'crusty'.

Anyway. Troll. Boring troll at that.

I am loosing track :rolleyes:

It is when I said I was a crusty that Danny started to discredit me, I thought at the time, on account of this.

I get it. You want to stop people like me posting yes? Ask nicely ... you never know!

OK. we have a pointless bunfight over the term 'crusty', yeah it was common back in the 90s, rare nowadays IME.

But I did hear it a few times on my last visit down to Somerset, there's still some of the convoy lot floating about down there, that get referred to as crusties, because that's how they always have been, even by themselves.

Thanks for the apology. I'm still not entirely clear what your post means, but there we go.

The misunderstanding was over your use of the word "mainstream", which in a series of posts you seemed to think was self explanatory. It was only when you mentioned that you were a Crusty that I realised you were using "mainstream" to mean something particular.

Incidentally the term Crusty to me means someone of the "crust-punk" subculture, not necessarily a "New Age" Traveller. (Although it is possible to be both).

It is not in the least bit associated in my mind, or experience, with "traditional" Travellers. But my comment was in any case was about your series of posts, as an individual.

On a different note: I realise the horse has long ago bolted, but I still do wish that people would not use the term "triggered" to mean "offended". It has a specific meaning to do with conditions such as PTSD, and there's already a perfectly good word for "offended".
Crusty refers to dreadlocks doesn't it?
A few new age travellers sported dreads in the day but new age travellers have all but died out and been replaced by trustifarians haven't they?

It was all Pickmans fault ! Seriously ... they engaged with me and actually seem to have an opinion formed of their own wits, rather than sticking to some established norm. Definitely one of your best posters.

Back on the narrative surely, the issue was Benidorm, ugh, you wanna go there ?

benidorm.jpg

Complete with weird & empty vagina tower, emblematic of the coastal over hype & recession....I only mention this as I drove past on the coastal road earlier this year and you see Benidorm from the hinterland angle and think noooooo...luckily it passes quickly and we headed north to the lovely old town of Denia.
unfinished-intempo-apartment-towers-seen-spanish-eastern-coastal-village-benidorm-near.jpg

Back
Top Bottom