Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brexit - impact on musicians, touring and the music/events industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lost. All you have left is moaning.
But the majority of people didn't vote for Brexit.

And it's really sad to see you - someone who has enjoyed a great deal of joy from music - dismissing musicians, DJs and other creatives who are losing their careers and livelihoods as 'moaners.'

Nothing much from remainers here over last Fridays events. Ska lost his ability to carry out critical analysis, Ed is only interested in band equipment prices and harking back to the good old days of signing on and touring seamlessly. Bees, well something about cunts.

Nothing much from remainers here over last Fridays events. Ska lost his ability to carry out critical analysis, Ed is only interested in band equipment prices and harking back to the good old days of signing on and touring seamlessly. Bees, well something about cunts.
I'm actually talking about musicians/DJs etc losing their livelihoods, and touring only being available to big bands who are rich enough to pay all the extra fees brought about by Brexit.

It clearly doesn't bother you but it bothers me.

I'm actually talking about musicians/DJs etc losing their livelihoods, and touring only being available to big bands who are rich enough to pay all the extra fees brought about by Brexit.

It clearly doesn't bother you but it bothers me.
Well issuing article 16 clearly bothered me but obviously is of no import to you when compared to your mates problems with guitar picks.

Could you list all the benefits for touring musicians, bands, entertainers, DJs, sound engineers etc, or are they just seen as collateral damage so people can soak up the undefined glories of 'political freedom from the EU'?
Reposted in the hope of a straight answer.

Are you just ignoring the links that have been posted up showing how Brexit is directly creating major new problems for the music industry?
You will fully miss the most important bit of the context. It’s COVID not brexit.

You will fully miss the most important bit of the context. It’s COVID not brexit.
So when working, touring musicians and industry professionals clearly explain to you how Brexit is creating its own set of major problems - and back up that assertion with links from industry bodies - you're just going to keep on blaming Covid regardless?

Reposted in the hope of a straight answer.
Why fucking bother. TopCat isn't interested in anything other than belittling anybody who disagrees with him and painting them as some form of no-nothing liberal.

It's pathetic, nasty bullying behaviour from a narrow-minded entitled arsehole who thinks he should have the right to belitttle whoever he likes whenever he likes however he likes.

No matter that half the crap he comes out with is factually wrong.

So when working, touring musicians and industry professionals clearly explain to you how Brexit is creating its own set of major problems - and back up that assertion with links from industry bodies - you're just going to keep on blaming Covid regardless?
Why have you got no work? COVID or brexit?

Why fucking bother. TopCat isn't interested in anything other than belittling anybody who disagrees with him and painting them as some form of no-nothing liberal.

It's pathetic, nasty bullying behaviour from a narrow-minded entitled arsehole who thinks he should have the right to belitttle whoever he likes whenever he likes however he likes.
Alright? Thanks for the abusive PM by the way. I loved the way you put me on ignore so you could have the last self entitled word.

Why have you got no work? COVID or brexit?
Is this really the best you can do?
Bands normally book European tours many months in advance. Right now we are unable to do that, NOT because of Covid, but because of the uncertainties and likely hugely increased fees resulting from Brexit. So Brexit is impacting on my career.

I do hope that makes it clear enough for you.

Is this really the best you can do?
Bands normally book European tours many months in advance. Right now we are unable to do that, NOT because of Covid, but because of the uncertainties and likely hugely increased fees resulting from Brexit. So Brexit is impacting on my career.

I do hope that makes it clear enough for you.
You assert that but given you can’t travel because of COVID and the venues are all shut for the foreseeable because of COVID, well you don’t come across as credible.

No matter that half the crap he comes out with is factually wrong.
Can we have a wanker smiley for this sort of thing?

You assert that but given you can’t travel because of COVID and the venues are all shut for the foreseeable because of COVID, well you don’t come across as credible.
You're so busy with your 'remoaner' kneejerk responses, you're not even reading what's in my posts now.

I'll try one last time: it's not unusual for bands to book European tours, many months - and sometimes over a year - in advance.

Most industries are planning ahead to a time when Covid will be under control, at least. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR BREXIT, we would be doing just that, and the band would be booking advance European shows and tours for the end of this year and the next.

But that's not happening, and that's NOT because of Covid. It's because of the uncertainty surrounding post-Brexit red tape and hugely increased costs.

All this is documented right here. Have a read instead of trying to shout over people who are in an industry you clearly know little about.

So so busy with your kneejerk responses, you're not even reading what's in my posts now.

I'll try one last time: it's not unusual for bands to book European tours, many months - and sometimes over a year - in advance.

Most industries are planning ahead to a time when Covid will be under control, at least. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR BREXIT, we would be doing just that, and the band would be booking advance European show for the end of this year and the next.

But that's not happening, and that's NOT because of Covid. It's because of the uncertainty surrounding post-Brexit red tape and hugely increased costs.

All this is documented right here. Have a read instead of trying to shout over people who are in an industry you clearly know little about.
There won’t be festivals or gig later this year because of COVID. Next year is a huge maybe too.

There won’t be festivals or gig later this year because of COVID. Next year is a huge maybe too.
Good job I wasn't talking about festivals this summer, but about bands booking European tours many months - and sometimes over a year - in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom