Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

Chicken shop hot wings are great, from the right shop anyway. Wings meal and one piece on top is the default choice for me.

It's raising awareness and getting people to think about it. Given that they already offer two other vegan burgers on their menu, it is targeting those that are wavering or a vegan-curious (like myself).

It's actually very clever. And all the hysterical types tweeting about how it's not vegan and you've got to be vegan or not vegan are missing the point by quite some distance. a) It isn't vegan and it isn't meant to be, and b) it isn't aimed at vegans, it is aimed at the vegan curious.

That’s a fair point, if you’re just a teeny bit veg*-curious and don’t want to risk an inedible burger on a night out, it makes sense.

I'm not convinced that talking about this company on Urban, especially in the largely negative way it happens, really does anything significant to raise their profile. I reckon all that marketing money they spend would be the main driver. Maybe they're getting boosted by "influencers" on social media with millions of followers. How many people are active on Urban these days? Especially since web forums are old hat now.

I endorse this message, and would be pleased to see such rationality extended to other threads.

It really doesn't make me that angry. More exasperated with the people who buy into this kind of shit.

'Twas ever thus. To me, it's no biggie in concept; sustainably reared meat, with some non-meat stuff too, attract some veg*-curious types.

Personally, the fact that it looks like the bun has gone mouldy is more troubling.

'Twas ever thus. To me, it's no biggie in concept; sustainably reared meat, with some non-meat stuff too, attract some veg*-curious types.

Personally, the fact that it looks like the bun has gone mouldy is more troubling.
It's vacuous, pointless, greenwash PR driven by current trends profiteering that should always be ridiculed and challenged.

Maybe that's because they're not a fake punk, equity-promoting, sexist bunch of shitehawks making token gestures while promoting and shifting tons of meat every week. :facepalm:

Ah. Would have been clearer to have said that the first time.

Just look at this fucking bollocks:

ALPHA DOGS PACKAGE
£1,000+
Punk Day privilege – get a meal and 2 drinks (any standard serve of BrewDog draft) for you for free on annual Punk Day, the first Saturday in September annually.

Benefits

Just look at this fucking bollocks:

ALPHA DOGS PACKAGE
£1,000+
Punk Day privilege – get a meal and 2 drinks (any standard serve of BrewDog draft) for you for free on annual Punk Day, the first Saturday in September annually.

Benefits

...and a friends & family discount.

Back
Top Bottom