Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

Pubs with royalist names, and the people who drink in them - what's difficult to understand?
I see.
What I find difficult to understand is how you're establishing the support and promotion of the RF by customers who frequent the many pubs with royalist names. Also what relevance your strange theory has to do this thread. That's all.

While the trolls are carrying on like this, I recommend ignoring them, and this thread, for a few days. Deprive oxygen.

I see.
What I find difficult to understand is how you're establishing the support and promotion of the RF by customers who frequent the many pubs with royalist names. Also what relevance your strange theory has to do this thread. That's all.
It's just the same as declining to drink Brewdog beers with names that you feel are offensive or indeed decline to giving Brewdog any money because you disapprove of the company's conduct in general.

If you don't find the Royal Family or their conduct offensive, and are happy to encourage publicans who choose to provide them with free advertising and propaganda, then there's not a problem. Hand over your cash to these establishments in clear conscience.

It's just another pathetic attempt to get the thread back to trolling and belittling those who give a shit about others, their working conditions and a company that takes the piss on many levels
but, you know, bantz :rolleyes:
Yeah, top bantz

It's just the same as declining to drink Brewdog beers with names that you feel are offensive or indeed decline to giving Brewdog any money because you disapprove of the company's conduct in general.

If you don't find the Royal Family or their conduct offensive, and are happy to encourage publicans who choose to provide them with free advertising and propaganda, then there's not a problem. Hand over your cash to these establishments in clear conscience.
Nah

I'll tell you what, I'll just go down to East Kent and get my old Mum out of the QEQM ("Cheerful Sparrows" ward).
Christ you've come out some shite, here; must be deliberate trolling.

MODERATION NOTICE

I think it's time to start issuing warnings to any further obvious attempts at trolling in this thread.

As has been documented multiple times. Brewdog's staff have to work in a racist, sexist, ableist, bullying, unsafe, toxic workplace that leaves them exhausted, feeling unsafe and in tears.

If anyone thinks that they can treat this as a big fucking joke better be prepared to receive warnings, which will then turn into temp bans if they continue to disrupt this thread.

I thought that pic was a bit of a stretch but apparently he is dating someone who was on I'm a celebrity with Nigel so plausible.

The open letter is shitty, made me feel a double cunt for going in there the other day. Never again!

Is there room on this thread for other hospitality businesses with horrendous policies that fuck over their staff?

I haven’t trusted chain restaurants to pass service charges on to staff for years and used to ask for it to be removed so I can tip in cash. A waitress in Zizzi pointed out to me that servers who have the charges removed from the bill get hauled in and bollocked by management, so I’ve stopped doing that. I always ask them if they get the service charge though, and most of them do say yes, but you don’t know if that’s under duress.

I wouldn’t think twice about knocking this charge off the bill at Ping Pong, if I went there but all of their food is frozen and reheated, so I don’t.

With so many people not taking cash out with them now, it's a real concern whether staff actually get the tips that customers add to their card payment.

I always try to remember to take cash out with me for tips because I just don't trust restaurants and bars to pass the tips to the people they were meant for.

A quick question regarding tipping. When hospitality staff are basically all on minimum wages, why do seem to have a cultural norm of tipping restaurant staff but not bar staff?

A quick question regarding tipping. When hospitality staff are basically all on minimum wages, why do seem to have a cultural norm of tipping restaurant staff but not bar staff?

I've very oocasionlly seen a tip jar on bars for bar staff. A pub I use used to do it. I rarely tipped though cos it just seems a minefield. How much to tip. 15% every time you get a pint... Just the loose change but not less than 5p coins... Why am I tipping when I've come up to the bar. Would rather buy them a drink now and then. They can keep the money rather than pour themselves one, whatever they want.

The only time I've been to New York as a student, we got called out by the bar staff in one place for not leaving a tip... None of us were ofey with the ettiquette.

Probably because it's more common to tip bar staff in countries where drinks are tabbed and paid for once at the end of the session, like the US and much of Europe. In UK pubs we normally pay for each round as we go, and more commonly offer to buy the barman "a drink" once in a while if we know them or they've been particularly friendly. You wouldn't do that every round though because it would cost a fortune.

Probably because it's more common to tip bar staff in countries where drinks are tabbed and paid for once at the end of the session, like the US and much of Europe. In UK pubs we normally pay for each round as we go, and more commonly offer to buy the barman "a drink" once in a while if we know them or they've been particularly friendly. You wouldn't do that every round though because it would cost a fortune.
That's useful, but the costing a fortune bit doesn't really make sense, if you think about it. If you tipped say 10% of every round you bought at the end of the session you'd still have only tipped 10% of your expenditure, like when you tip 10% on the totality of the restaurant bill?

That's useful, but the costing a fortune bit doesn't really make sense, if you think about it. If you tipped say 10% of every round you bought at the end of the session you'd still have only tipped 10% of your expenditure, like when you tip 10% on the totality of the restaurant bill?
You’d have to buy a 10 drink round for thst to happen though

Traditionally there's no facility to do that for pub drinks though, is there? Restaurants present you with a bill with a service charge added, or you add your own tip, once, based on the combined cost of your food and drinks. If you buy the barman "a drink" every round, you're going to be tipping a lot more than 10% unless they're very big rounds.

Traditionally there's no facility to do that for pub drinks though, is there? Restaurants present you with a bill with a service charge added, or you add your own tip, once, based on the combined cost of your food and drinks. If you buy the barman "a drink" every round, chances are you're tipping a lot more than 10% unless they're very big rounds.
Agreed. I was just interested why we've ended up with this cultural norm of tipping some low-paid hospitality workers and not others.

Back
Top Bottom