Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

Staff at an unnamed pub (where beer towers are served and it used to pay its staff competitively) spoke to David Jesudason about working there: 'They made us feel we were at the bottom of the barrel. The very bottom layer of society'
It's interesting that "legal reasons" prevent him (and I guess you) from saying it's Brewdog but not from implying very clearly that it's Brewdog, which I'd have thought any sensible court would decide amounts to the same thing. Is it for added drama value?

It's interesting that "legal reasons" prevent him (and I guess you) from saying it's Brewdog but not from implying very clearly that it's Brewdog, which I'd have thought any sensible court would decide amounts to the same thing. Is it for added drama value?
Dunno. He said he not naming for legal reasons so I'm not either but he's been busy dropping blatant hints.

under 18s in the pub at night
having to call the police on customers
exceeding capacity.

going to be a fun time at their next license review if any of that's true.

****ing hell. That's ridiculous. That's not a bar which cares about standards of beer, that's purely 'get them pissed'. Might as well be somewhere in a tourist trap abroad if they're just filling those up.

Brewdog are total dicks, without a doubt, but the Beer Tower appears to be just a glorified pitcher, something you'd serve to a group - hopefully they wouldn't serve one to an individual, especially one who was already pissed

chrome-capture-2024-3-30 (1).png

Hmm. I'm not convinced. I get pitchers, heaven knows I drank them as a teen. These are different.

You're missing the point, They served these to already intoxicated punters.
Yeah, I know; not good, but then most pubs tend to see a rush of orders at time made by non-sober punters. There's just so many other points in the letter that seem to highlight worse practices than that, tbh.

I won't name names, but I've actually heard that some urban posters get drunk, not just in their own homes but in public bars. And when they get drunk they don't go home or report themselves to the authorities, they buy another drink and sometimes even another one after that. It's highly irresponsible, and certainly helps keep a certain kind of disgusting operation in business: the pub that serves drunk people.

Imagine being the kind of person who defends a company creating a racist, sexist, ableist, bullying, unsafe, toxic workplace that leaves exhausted, exploited workers feeling unsafe and in tears.

Incredibly these people exist. Right here on these boards. And it's utterly shameful.
You have to wonder what draws them to urban and why they are not only tolerated, but often indulged.

You have to wonder what draws them to urban and why they are not only tolerated, but often indulged.
That last sentence is exactly it. I can't tell editor what to do. In light of the open letter I can only suggest that the defenders are, at the very least, temporarily barred from this thread, perhaps.

That last sentence is exactly it. I can't tell editor what to do. In light of the open letter I can only suggest that the defenders are, at the very least, temporarily barred from this thread, perhaps.
It's an awful shame, because the topic is otherwise informative and interesting. Companies and practices like this need exposing. Especially when they are pretending to be something they aren't.

Banning the people who disagree with you sounds like a sensible part of an open discussion

Banning the people who disagree with you sounds like a sensible part of an open discussion
There's agreement, disagreement and then there's plain old trolling. Doesn't have to be long ban. Just a spell in the gulags to persuade them the error of their ways.

As stated, threads like these are important to highlight hypocrisy and abuse in such industries like brewdog. It's a shame to let them become the playground of the bored and the malicious.

Back
Top Bottom