Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

Unless posters on this thread explicitly state their joy at hearing about James Watt's happy relationship with Georgia Toffolo, we can assume that they have taken against her as well, and are therefore in support of the shadowy corporate interests she is fighting against in the dog-food arena.

Unless posters on this thread explicitly state their joy at hearing about James Watt's happy relationship with Georgia Toffolo, we can assume that they have taken against her as well, and are therefore in support of the shadowy corporate interests she is fighting against in the dog-food arena.
Who's "we"?

can't you just speak for yourself?

Probably only a matter of time before Toffolo's dog food company starts using Brewdog byproducts

Yes, I speak for the rather small number of sensible and rational people on urban75.
Are these sensible and rational people on urban 75 aware that you speak for them? Have they consented to this? I've certainly never received any PM from you seeking consent. Or maybe you've just taken this on yourself without considering the wishes of these people?

I'd like to know more about this teuchter

Brewdog caught lying yet again.

BrewDog has been censured by the advertising watchdog for misleading claims about the climate credentials of its beers.

The brewery, best known for its Punk IPA beer, claimed its beers were carbon negative in an advertisement.

In the ad launched in July, the company urged consumers to drink its beer to protect their descendants from the climate crisis.

It described the beverage as “Beer for your grandchildren” and claimed BrewDog was “the world’s first carbon negative brewery”.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) upheld two complaints that the post failed to explain its claims that the beer was in fact carbon negative, meaning the process of making the drink sequestered more carbon than it emitted.

In its ruling, it said: “The ASA considered that consumers would understand from the ad that BrewDog was a carbon negative brewery, meaning that, as a business, they had a net effect of removing more carbon from the atmosphere than they emitted. We considered, within that context, the text ‘Beer for your grandchildren’ reinforced the carbon negative claim.

Are these sensible and rational people on urban 75 aware that you speak for them? Have they consented to this? I've certainly never received any PM from you seeking consent. Or maybe you've just taken this on yourself without considering the wishes of these people?

I'd like to know more about this teuchter

If someone doesn't agree with what I say then they are not one of the small number of sensible and rational people on urban75. It's a very straightforward system. There's no need to "seek consent".

The frothers have taken such a hammering this week, they’re getting desperate.

“Beer for your grandchildren” is a fantastic slogan though. Genius!

So supporters of Brewdog are:

✔ anti union
✔ pro boss who creeps out female staff
✔ pro inappropriate behaviour from the boss
✔ pro sexist advertising
✔ pro lying to the public
✔ pro transphobia
✔ pro greenwashing
✔ pro getting rid of the living wage
✔ pro bullying smaller brands
✔ pro toxic culture for employees
✔ pro making misleading claims on their climate credentials
✔ anti Ethical B Corp status

Some impressive projection from the BD fan-boy who today successfully defined themself as an inconsistent, hypocritical ringpiece :D

Good effort but it ain't gonna work, Broggers.

I'll let you into a secret:

People are able to go back and read the bit you chopped off ;)

If someone doesn't agree with what I say then they are not one of the small number of sensible and rational people on urban75. It's a very straightforward system. There's no need to "seek consent".
Not really that straight-forward is it though? You said you speak for these people (on their behalf); they might not necessarily disagree with what you say and yet be quite uncomfortable with the notion that you're speaking for them.

✔ anti union
✔ pro sexist advertising
✔ pro transphobia
✔ pro greenwashing

Everything here is true. That said....there are at least two posters who openly admit to defending them to get a reaction, what used to be called trolling, and I can't ignore that factor too. Notwithstanding those posters, whose defence might be performative, I wonder just how many actual fans/defenders there are on this forum?

✔ anti union
✔ pro sexist advertising
✔ pro transphobia
✔ pro greenwashing

There you go troll fan-boys; that's you, that is.

Not really that straight-forward is it though? You said you speak for these people (on their behalf); they might not necessarily disagree with what you say and yet be quite uncomfortable with the notion that you're speaking for them.
If they are not comfortable with the notion that I am speaking for them, then they are not one of the small number of sensible and rational people on urban75. It really is quite straightforward.

If they are not comfortable with the notion that I am speaking for them, then they are not one of the small number of sensible and rational people on urban75. It really is quite straightforward.
Is that a Goebbels quote?

Back
Top Bottom