Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

Coincidentally got this in my in-box this morning from the Unite union.

Have you heard the news about controversial beer company BrewDog? They are trying to scrap the real Living Wage for bar workers.
With the support of Unite Hospitality, workers are fighting back. Can you add your name to their petition?

Sign the petition: Stand with BrewDog staff and demand they are paid fairly.

Here's the full petition text:

BrewDog: Don't scrap the Living Wage!

BrewDog's decision to withdraw the real Living Wage for bar workers during the most acute cost of living crisis in a generation is outrageous.

The real Living Wage has been a cornerstone of BrewDog’s public identity since 2014.

Scrapping the company's pledge is a shocking blow for bar workers.

The real-terms pay cut for hard-working front line staff is directly opposed to BrewDog’s previous claim that “our crew are our most important resource - and giving them fair pay for the work they do is one of our core beliefs.”

Brewdog management and multi-millionaire CEO James Watt must reverse this awful decision and do the right thing by the workers who have made the company's millions.

1705063413901.png

Sign here - BrewDog: Don't scrap the Living Wage!

That was 10 years ago! Threads change daily.

This one is no different, especially since everyone now agrees on the genius of the marketing referenced in the thread title.

It’s now about the comparative badness of corporate entities.
Yes, of course threads change, meander and evolve over time, but the nearly 9 year old thread title still pertains; the majority of discussion is about the many deficiencies of the BD business and their lousy products sold under appropriated cultural masking. As we've learnt more and more about what a truly vile outfit they are we've been able to broaden the discussion.

You are just plain wrong.

Why not post it again, just in case someone hasn't seen it. Don't worry about it being offensive. You've got an important point to make.
You're the one arguing that its no worse than any other company, despite being singularly unable to support that claim.

But if you find it so offensive why don't you condemn the company outright for the sleazy, sexist shits that they are?

You're the one arguing that its no worse than any other company, despite being singularly unable to support that claim.

But if you find it so offensive why don't you condemn the company outright for the sleazy, sexist shits that they are?
I already have.
Why are you having difficulty with this?

And yet contributors to this thread rabidly support and promote those other companies. Shameful.

Absolutely.

You can bet your house that the vast majority of the hostelries frequented by the frothers have never paid their staff a real living wage. Yet here they are condemning a fine company that has done for years.

Shameful, as you say.

I already have.
Why are you having difficulty with this?
So - for about the fifth time - which breweries have recently used comparably sexist promotional material - you know, something with over-stimulated young women with barely any clothes on trying to pull off the clothes of the owners?

You can list the examples here. Or just admit you're full of shit and can't back up your claims at all

So - for about the fifth time - which breweries have recently used comparably sexist promotional material - you know, something with over-stimulated young women with barely any clothes on trying to pull off the clothes of the owners?

You can list the examples here. Or just admit you're full of shit and can't back up your claims at all
Which claims?
I haven't made any such claims.

Which claims?
I haven't made any such claims.
You've said that they're no worse than other companies. Except they provably are. How many other comparable companies produce such sexist advertising, have a dire reputation amongst their staff, have a gropy boss and strip away their Living Wage entitlement on a whim?

In which case you'd be able to quote such rabid support and promotion...
Anyone expressing a strong view that Brewdog is awful, and who buys beer from other companies, falls into this category. If anyone would like to make clear that they are not rabidly supporting and promoting despicable drinks companies they can simply state that Brewdog is a better employer than many other operators in the sector. It's not a big ask.

Anyone expressing a strong view that Brewdog is awful, and who buys beer from other companies, falls into this category. If anyone would like to make clear that they are not rabidly supporting and promoting despicable drinks companies they can simply state that Brewdog is a better employer than many other operators in the sector. It's not a big ask.
You could have just said that you couldn't find any quotes to support your ludicrous opinion, rather than embarrass yourself this badly.

It's not a better employer.

No, I've only taken to stout drinking in my 60s :eek:

Having tried the Nigerian version, I've alighted on this as my favourite and I certainly wouldn't mix it with anything...

View attachment 407808
You can this at W.Indian offies in parts of Leeds (& it’s everywhere at the Carnival) - great stuff! The Belgian export Guinness is fine as well at 8%.
Not wishing to go down a stout rabbit hole but I really miss Murphy’s and Beamish stouts - much better than Huinness in many respects. Also an honourable mention for Sam Smith’s Russian Imperial stout that will also blow your socks off.

Back
Top Bottom