Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brazil vs Belgium (QF) - 19:00 - 06/07/2018

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Brazil are a lot of peoples tip to win the tournament. I am rooting for Belgium as I can't bear the cheating weasel Neymar and want to see him get sent off or cry or both.

This time around we have Belgium ranked third and Brazil first heading into this match. This Belgian side has won 14 of their last 16 matches but their only match against a side we ranked in the top 10 in that time was a 0-0 friendly with Portugal. That leaves some doubt about their capability but the quality in their line-up is undoubted, with Kevin de Bruyne and Eden Hazard threatening at times to light up this tournament even if they were largely subdued against Japan. Furthermore, this is a team that’s averaged 3.3 goals per game over their last 23 matches.

Brazil have had three consecutive 2-0 wins, but they’ve faced relatively modest competition. Interestingly, five of their six goals in that time came in the second half and they’ve had quite substantial journeys to each of those games, as they face here with a near 2000km journey from their base in Sochi to Kazan, so don’t be surprised if they are a little slow out of the blocks – Mexico’s best spell in their last game was undoubtedly the opening 20 minutes. What’s more, there’s just a four day turnaround for this game and the ageing centre-back pairing of Thiago Silva and Miranda could find life harder, particularly with midfield shield Casemiro suspended.

Brazil.jpg

belgium, because you'd be hideously embarrassed if brazil lost to the lowly england

I don't take Brazil's team victories or losses personally :D it's only football!

I'm also British, and would be in no way disappointed if England won.

Edit: I never said England was lowly, so that's your own projection :p

Last edited:
I actually find it a bit off putting how extremely personal people get about footballers, that's one of the reasons I hate football tribalism. I just watch the world cup for a bit of fun, so anyone trying to drag me down into pointless, agressive arguments will be disappointed.

I actually find it a bit off putting how extremely personal people get about footballers, that's one of the reasons I hate football tribalism. I just watch the world cup for a bit of fun, so anyone trying to drag me down into pointless, agressive arguments will be disappointed.

Its the same in any sport if a player is perceived as dishonest or simply a cheat. Football is slightly odd in that there is a dishonesty spectrum which every player is on so it really takes something to stand out from the crowd.

Its the same in any sport if a player is perceived as dishonest or simply a cheat. Football is slightly odd in that there is a dishonesty spectrum which every player is on so it really takes something to stand out from the crowd.

Except when the player is in the team you support, then it's more like "he gets pushed, pulled, kicked and the referee does nothing about it. His reaction may not be the most dignified, but he scores a lot of goals for the team blah blah"

That isn't to say I don't find Neymar's histrionics beyond ridiculous, but also sometimes kinda entertaining :D...

Except when the player is in the team you support, then it's more like "he gets pushed, pulled, kicked and the referee does nothing about it. His reaction may not be the most dignified, but he scores a lot of goals for the team blah blah"
Honestly I hate seeing it in the team I support as much or more than other teams.

Belgium win with Neymar spinning so hard and fast from a non existent foul that he transcends the laws of physics and is transported back to London in 1845 and has to work as a chimney sweep's assistant.
i think he'd find work as a toffsman after being refused everywhere else.

I don't think it is 'personal' to dislike someone who is repeatedly dishonest for his own gains.

This shit should have been stamped on by FIFA from the off. Hopefully with VAR improving there will be more action taken.

I don't think it is 'personal' to dislike someone who is repeatedly dishonest for his own gains.

This shit should have been stamped on by FIFA from the off. Hopefully with VAR improving there will be more action taken.

I wasn't just talking about Neymar. I stopped going to pubs to watch football in London since sitting through a barrage of insults towards Ronaldo, mainly his physical appearance, many years ago. I was truly disgusted. Not to mention the racist, xenophobic and homophobic stuff that comes out of people's mouths when they drink.

Edit: I'm fully aware this isn't something that only happens here, obviously.

I wasn't just talking about Neymar. I stopped going to pubs to watch football in London since sitting through a barrage of insults towards Ronaldo, mainly his physical appearance, many years ago. I was truly disgusted. Not to mention the racist, xenophobic and homophobic stuff that comes out of people's mouths when they drink.
you were mixing with the wrong drinkers.

If Neymar was hooked off and Firminho was put on, I would be rooting for Brazil...but as it is, fuck em - want Belgium for this one.

football is a team game...not just for Neymar type showponies, dribblers and keepy-uppers

Back
Top Bottom