Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uruguay vs France (QF) - 15:00 - 06/07/2018

I think Uruguay have a very good chance of winning this, the bookies don't, making them 7/2 for a win in normal time :hmm: Cavani not starting is a shame and probably explains the odds for a Uruguay win.

I agree ref Uruguay.
shame about Marshall:(

I still think the French will win but I wouldn't mind Uruguay winning. Population of 3.2 million versus population of 66 million. You've got to have a soft spot for the underdogs.

Must be the most under rated footballing nation in the world
Had some dirty players down the years but has you say soft spot

Uruguay vs Porto, after going a goal down, was my reality checkpoint moment, regarding England's plodding pace. Uruguay were totally galvanised then...and have shown a bit more spirit after the French goal and, if they can keep up the momentum and come back with tails up after half time, it isn't a given that France will storm this.

Some save by Lloris, Uruguay bit unlucky to be behind. After watching Colombia they don't even look that niggly.
Extraordinary stat that only one Uruguay player has been booked so far at the WC (although he's got two). They're just really good at it. Colombia doing it probably spoiled their own rhythm more than anything. Uruguay are the masters of the sly niggle.

I think the second half might be a struggle for Uruguay. They're badly missing Cavani.

Suarez showing he's still a little shit: does the "gentlemanly pass to the opposition following a drop ball" thing, only to follow up and chase it down :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Meanwhile... fizzing shot, but unlucky for the 'keeper.

Suarez showing he's still a little shit: does the "gentlemanly pass to the opposition following a drop ball" thing, only to follow up and chase it down :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Meanwhile... fizzing shot, but unlucky for the 'keeper.

What's the problem? They would have chased it down in open play so why gift the French with a build up?

Back
Top Bottom