Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boris Johnson tests positive for Covid-19

Hmm, a question, if I may, re: repairs.

I have a neighbour who has no heating or hot water, and who has a "vulnerable person" (registered under the C19 criteria, due to kidney failure) in their home. They've been told that their heating system needs a "power flush" (that they have job number for), which will happen on 28th April. In the interim, they're being told "boil kettles of water to wash in". This seems to me like they - the council & their contractors - are fudging repair priorities. As far as I recall, lack of heating and/or hot water is a top priority job, and if so, I want to make sure the council treat it as such. Neighbours have already been without either for 3 days. Is there a way (outwith the usual bugging the housing officer over the weekend) I can push this forward, that you can think of?
I would have thought a threat to get local media / MP involved might speed things up. Or better one of those watchdog programs as the job always seems to be remarkably easier once they are "on TV"!

I have a neighbour who has no heating or hot water, and who has a "vulnerable person" (registered under the C19 criteria, due to kidney failure) in their home. They've been told that their heating system needs a "power flush" (that they have job number for), which will happen on 28th April. In the interim, they're being told "boil kettles of water to wash in". This seems to me like they - the council & their contractors - are fudging repair priorities. As far as I recall, lack of heating and/or hot water is a top priority job, and if so, I want to make sure the council treat it as such. Neighbours have already been without either for 3 days. Is there a way (outwith the usual bugging the housing officer over the weekend) I can push this forward, that you can think of?
Have you looked at the Shelter England website? The Right to Repair scheme looks like it might apply, or there's the Ombudsman. Lack of hot water/hearing is definitely a priority issue.

It's only his apparent recovery that made me realise I didn't just want him dead, I wanted him super-dead, with his bones scattered to the ends of the earth so he could never come back as a zombie.

The coronavirus has now killed more people in Britain than every British military action since 1945 combined, and this piece of shit who was too stupid to stop himself getting infected, let alone anybody else, is going to be treated like some kind of hero just because he failed to stop breathing. Dianaesque posthumous treatment is a risk I would have been willing to accept.

Nah, got to have his remains in one place, so that people can piss and shit on the fucker's grave.

I would have thought a threat to get local media / MP involved might speed things up. Or better one of those watchdog programs as the job always seems to be remarkably easier once they are "on TV"!

Local authority just passes the blame to its contractors.

Have you looked at the Shelter England website? The Right to Repair scheme looks like it might apply, or there's the Ombudsman. Lack of hot water/hearing is definitely a priority issue.

Am having a look. Cheers for the signposting, although Right to Repair doesn't apply if the repair costs more than £500, which this will. Still, might be something else we can use.

Indeed. Everyone dies sooner or later. If it’s possible to delay a whole bunch of deaths while bringing just a few others strategically forward, it would be an act of rank moral cowardice not to do so.

It’s also notable how many of those claiming offence would be cheering on a whole load of killing if done by and to a bunch of working class kids on behalf of these great statesmen.

I have a neighbour who has no heating or hot water, (...) They've been told that their heating system needs a "power flush" (that they have job number for), which will happen on 28th April. In the interim, they're being told "boil kettles of water to wash in".
I don't entirely understand how a problem which required a "power flush" could lead to both no hot water AND heating. Normally a power flush would be used to clear a build up of stuff in the pipework which might stop the heating side of things working. If this has also led to muck building up in the heat exchanger in the boiler that might not work efficiently but it would have to have been building up over a very long period to block it completely. Long enough that it should have been picked up when the boiler was checked during the annual gas safety inspection. I would be wondering if there are other issues with the boiler, which might mean that just a power flush wouldn't fix things. (Thus implying further delay identifying and dealing with them). Has someone already looked at the boiler ? Have they turned the boiler off ? Sorry, just questions, but what I would be asking.

ETA: for someone in your Neighbour's state of health the Council should be able to supply some means of temporary space and water heating until the repairs are carried out.

And to add to my blathering above I would be concerned that a heat exchanger sufficiently clogged to need a power flush might start leaking afterwards. I have experienced leaks which had been blocked by scale being opened up by the cleaning process.

Last edited:
Did you read ska's post properly?

I think so; the slightly tongue-in-cheek presentation of my reply was in the context of this being a “Boris Johnson* tests positive for Covid-19” thread (although it is true that that study although suggestive doesn’t quite show that it can be got again, though it certainly raises the possibility, in at least some cases, and certainly suggests that at the least it might not be quite over (for an individual) when it seems to be over).

* who appears to have had it and got over it.

I think so; the slightly tongue-in-cheek presentation of my reply was in the context of this being a “Boris Johnson* tests positive for Covid-19” thread (although it is true that that study although suggestive doesn’t quite show that it can be got again, though it certainly raises the possibility, in at least some cases, and certainly suggests that at the least it might not be quite over (for an individual) when it seems to be over).

* who appears to have had it and got over it.

:facepalm: went right over my head

William of Walworth said:
I liked your post, but the actual comments weren't quoted on that ITV link ... :confused:

If you want the quotes you’ll have to google the sun. I’m not linking to it

Just seen this and :eek:!
I had no idea there was a S*n story involved :mad:, and there's an infinite number of shit things I'd rather do than search on that scumrag's site :hmm:
Anyway, others have told me now, more or less.

Round here, #ClapForBoris was met with resounding silence. The one for the NHS, and the ones for carers though, they produces tumultuous applause and cheering for about 5 minutes.

Dorries had probably been *sniffing the sherry cork just before she heard "whistling, cheering and shouting".

*By which I obviously mean "caning the fuck out of an ounce of weed, and a bottle of Wray & Nephew Overproof".
I always had her down more as the Lambrini type. I'm not sure she's got the enterprise necessary to be drinking strong rum :D

As predictable as it is dangerous.

With a titanic levels self-belief, Boris has always ignored illness. It was on a pleasant evening in early April, 2020, as Boris was making his way to 10 Downing Street from an important meeting at a Westminster wine bar, he stumbled upon Mr Vid, Co of no fixed abode who delivered a near lethal left hook and fled the scene. Boris fell down like a sack of shit and was discovered by street sweepers the following morning who were kind enough to take him to Downing Street. Boris' team of cowards dragged him to the nearby St. Thomas' Hospital where he was treated by Dr Hugh Bris and was looked after by nurse Ira Knee.

As I was saying earlier on this thread about the constructed narrative around Johnson. No attempt to even camouflage it here:

View attachment 206303
I'm not going to read that article, but the title and tweet demonstrates once again the Telegraph's reluctance to accept the end of the divine right of kings and the king as the embodiment of the nation. Say what you like about the Telegraph but they know how to be proper fucking conservative.

I'm not sure anyone who didn't think this already will buy it though. It's just kind of background music farting for the dyed-in-the-wool conservative who reads the Telegraph and thinks this anyway.

Back
Top Bottom