Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black and Track

The body shape and muscle type thing isn't, though.

And Enid isn't a blockhead, and she believed it, so it deserved a chance!

He wasn't calling me a blockhead tbf, and I reckon there could be something in the short legs/run faster theory. Whether or not successful black runners have short legs isn't a concern to me anymore, I'm still just trying to find something which explains what my teacher told me.

He wasn't calling me a blockhead tbf, and I reckon there could be something in the short legs/run faster theory. Whether or not successful black runners have short legs isn't a concern to me anymore, I'm still just trying to find something which explains what my teacher told me.

I know he wasn't calling you a blockhead - but the reason I backed up your teacher's theory, that you believe, is that I don't think you're a blockhead regardless of the potential arboreal cranium nature of your teacher.

I know he wasn't calling you a blockhead - but the reason I backed up your teacher's theory, that you believe, is that I don't think you're a blockhead regardless of the potential arboreal cranium nature of your teacher.

Ahhh :cool:

right +10 pages of it. like fuck i'm going to read that through.

in short sprint is a pursuit of body first and foremost. (yes training, nutrition, preparation, opportunity, luck and mentality come into it ect.ect.ect ).

the body you are born with is determined by your parents (and the outcome of the combination of their genes.and what environment your mother experienced during gestation(as we are being sciency) and whether she enjoyed a drink or too many or whether she was or was not talking thalidomide. ect. ect ec.t:p)

from wiki:
Biological factors for runners
Some biological factors that determine a sprinter's potential are:

Muscular strength
Adrenaline use
Anaerobic respiration capacity

hmm doesn't saying anything about genes.
or race
or 'them darkies are well rapid.'

or was the question rhetorical and have I missed the point entirely??? :confused:

Usually sprinters have a very powerful upper body and a relatively short wide torso meaning a high centre of gravity. That lad looks like a basketball player!
Aye - Usain Bolt is a silly example for this discussion. He has entirely the "wrong" body shape for a sprinter. He's not supposed to be able to shift a lanky 6'5" that quickly. That's what Johnson meant by his jungle comment - if there's someone out there who can beat Bolt, they're a kind of human that we don't know about yet because noone else can come close to doing what he does.

Aye - Usain Bolt is a silly example for this discussion. He has entirely the "wrong" body shape for a sprinter. He's not supposed to be able to shift a lanky 6'5" that quickly. That's what Johnson meant by his jungle comment - if there's someone out there who can beat Bolt, they're a kind of human that we don't know about yet because noone else can come close to doing what he does.

Plus he got up at 11 and ate chicken nuggets all day, according to him.

I was surprised how many calories a day Phelps is eating 12,000 :eek:...I wonder about the sprinters...:hmm:
Phelps trains really hard. Bolt sleeps in and catches a snooze during the last 40 metres. They probably have very different calorie requirements!

Back
Top Bottom