Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Track & Field - aka Athletics thread

Just had to go look at a house so have missed the last hour :( Loved your commentary though guys - it made me smile!

haha! I love this from the BBC text commentary

Bolt tears down the track after Powell and actually finishes in front of the Netherlands.

:)
lol! The man is incredible! I wonder if the Dutch team noticed?! How fourth rate would that make you feel!

Here he goes, last attempt at 5.96...

HES GOT IT!!!!!New WR!
No wai! Was the record still Sergei Bubka's?

Oh I assumed from that, Bolt was on third, handed over the baton and continued chasing after Asafa and STILL beat the Dutch anchor man! )

Actually Now Ive written that all down, it seems a heck of a lot to assume! I need to watch the race :)

Oh I assumed from that, Bolt was on third, handed over the baton and continued chasing after Asafa and STILL beat the Dutch anchor man! )

Actually Now Ive written that all down, it seems a heck of a lot to assume! I need to watch the race :)

That's exactly what happened. The Dutch finished several hours after everyone else.

Was just lurking on this thread (which is generally all I ever do, tbh), but felt I had to point out that the pole vault gold medallist broke the Olympic record, not the world record.

Bubka still holds the world record at 6.14m

Back
Top Bottom