Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biscuitville deserves its own thread.

Are we to assume that any Urb who ventures to the USA in the near(ish) future will be checking out Biscuitville and reporting back?
I know I will be.
They seem to be limited to some areas, same with white castle. Can't imagine anyone is heading to the usa soon though.
Really wanted to have a crack at baking now that I have some time. . . .but obviously no flour is a bit of a problem. Where has it all gone? Do people just buy it all up and store it? What is different about before and now? I mean the shops are full of bread.

But what type of sauce? It looks disturbingly like bread sauce. :(
I posted two recipes up-thread! It seems to be either a sausagemeat-based white sauce, or a bacon-fat and bacon-bits based white sauce. As a veggie, I won't be having it. But I don't believe in stopping other people eating what they desire. Unless it's my children. That would upset me.

I posted two recipes up-thread! It seems to be either a sausagemeat-based white sauce, or a bacon-fat and bacon-bits based white sauce. As a veggie, I won't be having it. But I don't believe in stopping other people eating what they desire. Unless it's my children. That would upset me.
Loads of vegetarian biscuits and gravy recipes on line.

They seem to be limited to some areas, same with white castle. Can't imagine anyone is heading to the usa soon though.

Looks like a very limited range - there's a huge cluster in what appears to be the Biscuit Belt in central North Carolina, a handful in Virginia, and that's it - so either they're serving very local tastes or there's room for a massive international expansion.

biscuitbelt.png

Looks like a very limited range - there's a huge cluster in what appears to be the Biscuit Belt in central North Carolina, a handful in Virginia, and that's it - so either they're serving very local tastes or there's room for a massive international expansion.

View attachment 207923
The Biscuit Belt. :D

Actually, my neices's GF's from North Carolina. She's been over there quite a few times so I'd ask her but I suspect she's (shamefully) paid no attention whatsoever to any of this.

She was meant to be heading over in the summer but guess that's not happening now. Pizza's about as exotic as her food choices get so the biscuit/gravy revelations will surely blow her mind...
Now. Did I ever tell you about my late in-laws? They couldn’t quite get either vegetarians or, for some reason, pizza.

I suggested supermarket pizza was an easy option for me when they were having some meat or other. I said I'd do it while they got on with theirs. Oh, no, it's fine, they'd do it all at once.

They presented me with a slice of pizza (one small wedge) with potatoes and two veg (carrots and boiled cabbage).

"That looks very dry. Do you want gravy?" The step father in law asked, in all Seriousness, jug hovering over my plate...

Pizza and gravy. Staffordshire’s finest.

I was fine this morning before I knew about Biscuitville. However now, even after dinner I am not sated, I keep thinking about their biscuits. What are they like? They could be even nicer than the best stewed dumplings I've ever had. And you can get a deep fried and battered steak in the middle, or two turkey sausage burgers and two eggs, and a slice of cheese.

I almost want to have one sent to me from North Carolina. I see UPS Express Critical® International offers same day delivery to Europe from the US. 🧐

was fine this morning before I knew about Biscuitville. However now, even after dinner I am not sated, I keep thinking about their biscuits. What are they like? They could be even nicer than the best stewed dumplings I've ever had. And you can get a deep fried and battered steak in the middle, or two turkey sausage burgers and two eggs, and a slice of cheese.
This is how it gets you! 😆

You stop your children eating what they desire? :(

(unless it’s super-unhealthy stuff all the time, which is possibly an urban-friendly level of oppression these days)

Back
Top Bottom