Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biscuitville deserves its own thread.

I want to show how awful the pancakes are so I ordered them this morning. This is a "pancake platter with bacon". Of course these are American pancakes so they're meant to be fluffy and not dry, crumbly, and have a mealy texture of cornbread. Notice how the syrup soaks into the pancake. It's not supposed to do that. Their pancakes aren't made from scratch. It's obviously a ready-mix. Either the flour used in the mix has no gluten or the batter isn't stirred enough. Why they chose this route I have no idea.

IMG_20230823_073740.jpg
IMG_20230823_074355.jpg

A European colleague was in North Carolina for work last week. An American colleague was telling her she really, really needed to visit some local restaurant famous for its fried chicken and...biscuits and gravy.

Alas(?), she didn't have time but if she had, an intervention would've surely been the right thing to do..? :hmm:

A European colleague was in North Carolina for work last week. An American colleague was telling her she really, really needed to visit some local restaurant famous for its fried chicken and...biscuits and gravy.

Alas(?), she didn't have time but if she had, an intervention would've surely been the right thing to do..? :hmm:
Where from, in Europe?

Biscuitville once again named ‘Best Fast Food Breakfast’ in America​

So when are you coming down to sample such dubious delights? We can do a pub crawl in your honour.
I’m veggie so it’s not looking good for me sampling the fare. I’m also aff the drink, so, you know, not one for the pub crawls these days. But being an oddball I’ve always meant to visit John Ryland’s Library and Chetham’s Library. So you might get a call one day.

Back
Top Bottom