Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biscuitville deserves its own thread.

I disagree about Rich Tea I bought a pack the other day for the first time in ages and I think that they are best dunkers to go in tea.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
(Out of interest, I feel sure I ate in a Biscuitville when I was in NC. It was a while ago though and I spent most of the time stoned out of my gourd, so it's all a bit hazy)

Biscuitville is legit. The only thing they make that's not good are pancakes. The pancakes are, in fact, horrible. The biscuits themselves are upper level. They don't meet all the criteria of a perfect biscuit because of the shape but, otherwise, they're okay. The perfect biscuit is light, fluffy, high in moisture, and symmetrical all the way around. This means that one side can't be risen higher than the other. Biscuits are taken very seriously. There is a set standard for the perfect biscuit. I think the shape specification came about because of it being used as a sandwich and the need for the same thickness on all sides. Making biscuits was my first job way back in the 80s. The trick to getting a biscuit to rise evenly on every side is simply in how it's cut. After rolling out the dough, you use a cutter to cut them out. If you twist the cutter, it will make it rise unevenly. You have to go straight down and straight up for them bake evenly. You're naturally inclined to twist because it assures that you have a clean cut.

Can’t remember what it was but I had a meal in the states that came with biscuits (definitely no gravy involved). They were totally irrelevant to the meal so I kept the scone biscuits for desert.

Back
Top Bottom