Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker gangs / "patch clubs"

read a fairly crap book called Gangs

by Tony Somecunt who is apparently the crime corro for the observer. It was very informative i just didn't like the sensationalist and unpolitical/unalaytical attitude to gangs and crime.

However the biker gangs in the UK are fully covered and i believe that serious shit is still going down to this day and there are still plenty of beefs and scraps. The was some difference noted between MCs and MGs (Clubs and Gangs) and i think the outlaws were openly a Gang, and were the Angels main rivals here and in the US, and were picking up small independent outfits throughout the 90's much to the HA's distress... But i cannae remember. I suggest ppl read it if theyre interested. It seemed very genuine because the attitude of the bikers he described is what everyone else has said and he mentions Bulldog Bash being incredibly safe. I've been interested in tracking down some bikers cos i know they run decent speed at decent prices, but i'm too afraid i'll say it the wrong way, do the wrong thing and get arseraped with a fire axe.

The same guy (Tony Thompson) has now written a book exclusively about MCs called Outlaws. Im reading it at the moment so searched to see what was being said on here. Surprised this thread was posted on only a few days ago. As for buying speed off them, i think they deal on a higher level. Like, they supply people they know and have supply chains. Low profile to reduce risk of being caught.

I'm assuming that modern day biker gangs (or whatever they're called) have no aversion to Japanese/non US/UK bikes now?

Some do, some dont. Iirc outlaws and HAs dont allow 'rice burners' but Bandidos do allow them. Why would you want a Kawasaki when you could have a Triumph? :cool:

The same guy (Tony Thompson) has now written a book exclusively about MCs called Outlaws. Im reading it at the moment so searched to see what was being said on here. Surprised this thread was posted on only a few days ago. As for buying speed off them, i think they deal on a higher level. Like, they supply people they know and have supply chains. Low profile to reduce risk of being caught.

Moved from that market into more on the protection side IYKWIM.

Ah right. Tbf, im only up to about the year 2000 in the book. :D where the UK outlaws are deciding whether to prospect / patch over to the US outlaws or stay independent.

I know peeps in the two big ones so I have to remain very neutral, not that i'm privy to 'Business' but word gets about.

The big red one has the PR sorted, can't see Outlaws having the same resonance with the majority of the population.

Well yeah. Hells Angels are to MCs what google is to search engines and hoovers are to vacuum cleaners etc.

I'm stuck in the middle got the local 81 at Sutton in ashfield and Outlaws in Derby, i'm in Nottingham.

With most of the west mids outlaws inside its fairly quiet, but Rock and blues could get interesting this year.

Some people take the back patches really really seriously
That's why you don't see replica sons of anarchy waist coats for sale they get you a kicking or worse from people
Who think they are real bikers.

Or for wearing patches they hadn't 'earned'.

Yup you don't get those rockers easily

Yeah, prospects are just skivvies for the full patches. You basically have to do whatever a full patch asks of you (clean their bikes, fetch their beer) and this can last anything from a month (although unlikely) to eighteen months or longer with no guarantee that you'll make the grade at the end of it. :D i'd fucking *expect* a piece of the action after almost two years of licking someone's boots for them.

HA down here are pretty quiet (there club house is about a mile down the road from me). Almost too quiet - they were by some accounts told to be a bit more "visible" a few years ago. Nice enough bunch of people when the mood takes them, but again, I've no intention of pissing them off.

There seems to be a hierarchy of clubs - from MCC (side patch and front patch) to side and front patch MC - to full blown back patch to the HA at the top of the pile. AFAIK most HA members work there way up through the clubs, hence most of the HA tend be closer to bus passes than free school milk.

To be quite honest, I can see the whole patch club scene being gone in twenty or thirty years - most new bikers who join a club head towards one of the owners clubs rather than the traditional MCC, and I get an increasing sense of irritation with the whole strutting "respect my patch" attitude. In a way its sad to see the whole club scene slowly dying away - theres very little new blood coming in, even though the clubs try not be elitest. Most of the ones I know would be more than happy to welcome spotty herberts on ratty 125s.

As to other back patch clubs, the National Chopper Club are still going strong (and still building custom bikes), Ogri MCC are still Ogri MCC and still the great bunch of larger than life lunatics the've also been (They won Scrapheap challenge a couple of years ago), the Christian Motorcycle Clubs (who look like Hells Angels, come of it a lot of them used to be HA) look scary enough, and have god on thier side. Still a bunch of pissheads :D.

As to the Windsor HA story, IIRC it ended up with a shooting down the New Forest around 1980 ish? The last HA scrap I heard of was the '96 Rockers Reuinion stabbing (I was a MAG rep through the fall-out from _that_ particular episode).

Andy

Hells Angels NZ were the first chapter outside the US.They give out cards nowaday's "you've been helped by a Hell's Angel".*thinks fondly of Antarctic Angels days*

HA down here are pretty quiet (there club house is about a mile down the road from me). Almost too quiet - they were by some accounts told to be a bit more "visible" a few years ago. Nice enough bunch of people when the mood takes them, but again, I've no intention of pissing them off.

There seems to be a hierarchy of clubs - from MCC (side patch and front patch) to side and front patch MC - to full blown back patch to the HA at the top of the pile. AFAIK most HA members work there way up through the clubs, hence most of the HA tend be closer to bus passes than free school milk.

To be quite honest, I can see the whole patch club scene being gone in twenty or thirty years - most new bikers who join a club head towards one of the owners clubs rather than the traditional MCC, and I get an increasing sense of irritation with the whole strutting "respect my patch" attitude. In a way its sad to see the whole club scene slowly dying away - theres very little new blood coming in, even though the clubs try not be elitest. Most of the ones I know would be more than happy to welcome spotty herberts on ratty 125s.

As to other back patch clubs, the National Chopper Club are still going strong (and still building custom bikes), Ogri MCC are still Ogri MCC and still the great bunch of larger than life lunatics the've also been (They won Scrapheap challenge a couple of years ago), the Christian Motorcycle Clubs (who look like Hells Angels, come of it a lot of them used to be HA) look scary enough, and have god on thier side. Still a bunch of pissheads :D.

As to the Windsor HA story, IIRC it ended up with a shooting down the New Forest around 1980 ish? The last HA scrap I heard of was the '96 Rockers Reuinion stabbing (I was a MAG rep through the fall-out from _that_ particular episode).

Andy

For someone who seems to know alot about clubs he shouldn't, I would have thought you would of been taught the code. Loose lips sink ships! In other words.... Shut the fuck up and stop talking about things that shouldn't be public knowledge.

Remember, Snitches Get Stitches.

For someone who seems to know alot about clubs he shouldn't, I would have thought you would of been taught the code. Loose lips sink ships! In other words.... Shut the fuck up and stop talking about things that shouldn't be public knowledge.

Oh, it's another laughable twat who believes that having a motorbike and being thuggish is devilishly exciting. Piss off, and don't threaten people on the Internet. It makes you look silly.

Clunk click every trip. Are you a very scary man?

Back
Top Bottom