Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker gangs / "patch clubs"

I think they earn extra badges for activities like drug-running, developing an impressive beer gut, helping others and failing to wash. Then they make their mums sew them onto their jackets.

The bits on the back of their jackets.

"Jackets" are the garments worn as an exterior layer on the torso. ;)
:D :p

There's a biker pub near my inlaws in the midlands. It's got a good beer garden so we take the kids sometimes. They're always friendly with the kids.

Some people take the back patches really really seriously
That's why you don't see replica sons of anarchy waist coats for sale they get you a kicking or worse from people
Who think they are real bikers.

I've frequented similar places to the local Outlaws who are doing long terms. Don't join a murderous gang if you don't want to do 30+ in jail, sadly i'm sure some semi-decent people get roped along.

These are worth watching.

cheesey as fook and reminds me of spinal tap in its feel. But this is probably down to the era when it was filmed more than anything esle. Altough it says hells angels in the title as is pointed out its a film about the outcasts (another 1% club).

Oh yer, I recall that from Sons of Anarchym now. No female members, no black members (in the sons charter obvs)

One of the characters is half cast isnt he, that was a main storyline in the last series :)

Surrey vikings are my local lot - http://www.vikingsmcsurrey.co.uk/, some of my mates parents are members/ex members...... One of the club legends died last year or the year before and there was a procession of about 800 bikers riding through the town flouncing every motorbike they possibly could :D

Does anyone know what the Hunter S Thompson stuff about bikers is called? Ive been meaning to look it up.

One of the characters is half cast isnt he, that was a main storyline in the last series :)

Surrey vikings are my local lot - http://www.vikingsmcsurrey.co.uk/, some of my mates parents are members/ex members...... One of the club legends died last year or the year before and there was a procession of about 800 bikers riding through the town flouncing every motorbike they possibly could :D

Does anyone know what the Hunter S Thompson stuff about bikers is called? Ive been meaning to look it up.

We say mixed race nowadays OLD MAN ;)

yeah it was. Remember the police chief nearly used it as leverage to get him to rat on his fellows

the HST book isn't as good as it could be imo - very uneven, and a bit dull in places. still worth reading though - as ever, there's a few bits of glorious prose.

4124811-blondie.jpg

They may be nazis or just trying to be as offensive as possible.
Although nazi and giving offence go hand in hand.

killer b, d'ya really think HST ever came out with killer prose? He wrote two alright books, fear an loathing and hells angels, but that was more to do with the fact it was an interesting story he was telling rather than the quality of his writing. Ever tried readin owt else he's trumped out? Now there's an unrewarding experience.

There was a really tedious thread on arrse that degenerated rather rapidly.
To wit you can have a back patch on the back your leather.
But if you add little badges below it your claiming to be a back patch biker club or something and some rather large anti social types might take offence.
Etc etc etc.
Their is a police motorbike club that wears similar patches that the various anti social bikers leave alone funny that :).

I think my policy has been proved correct. My policy is, despite being a biker, I simply avoid patch club members as much as is possible.

I had the pleasure to work with a biker in Spain, who told me of his friend who 'did not remove his jeans for a whole year...', which I found intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom