Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biker gangs / "patch clubs"

Each to their own. I can certainly see the attraction for some people. Once you're in you're part of a worldwide brotherhood. Anywhere you go in the world you'll have friends willing to help you out, put you up or just party with. Add to that the whole bad boy thing (some imagined, an awful lot real) and it makes more sense.

tbf it is that way just being a biker or ex biker, once you establish that you know what a JAP1000cc vee twin engine is, what Vincent Black Shadow's are selling for, how old Pan Head engines are, how easy it is to wheelie or stoppie a Naked Bandit 1200, and how surprisingly small an XS1100 engine in a chopper looks, you have usually broken down the barriers and find you have plenty in common.

Plus bikers are not like cagers. Have you ever seen cars stopped at the side of the road to help another motorist who has broken down or had an accident, usually they just drive right by even if they have the same make and model of the car in trouble. Bikers usually do stop for other bikers in distress to see if they can help out.

Have you ever seen cars stopped at the side of the road to help another motorist who has broken down or had an accident, usually they just drive right by even if they have the same make and model of the car in trouble.

Most probably do granted, but I've had plenty of experience of people offering help because they were ex-owners of the same car (moggy minor) and a lot of caravaners do too. I've also had several people pull up and ask if I was ok in my old transit camper and my merc motorhome

Most probably do granted, but I've had plenty of experience of people offering help because they were ex-owners of the same car (moggy minor) and a lot of caravaners do too. I've also had several people pull up and ask if I was ok in my old transit camper and my merc motorhome
I think if you are driving something unusual then people with knowledge of it may feel more camaraderie with you than just any other motorist, and perhaps caravaners or RV owners share that point of view with others also.

But if you stop on a bike, anyplace where there are other bikes, there seems to me to be instant animated chat! if you know what I mean. :)

Yeah, prospects are just skivvies for the full patches. You basically have to do whatever a full patch asks of you (clean their bikes, fetch their beer) and this can last anything from a month (although unlikely) to eighteen months or longer with no guarantee that you'll make the grade at the end of it. :D i'd fucking *expect* a piece of the action after almost two years of licking someone's boots for them.

So hold on . . . wearing a patch just means / displays for all to see that you are the type of guy that's have been the house boy / skivvy for some douche for several months for the sake of a . . . patch?

This really isn't true.

However silly you may think they are, they take it very bloody seriously indeed. Get on the wrong side of them or try to interfere in what they perceive as club business and you'll end up in a heap of shit.

I'm sure you'd get a solid kicking if you tried to break into their club house or something. It doesn't make them hardened professional crims or anything. Not the uk ones, anyway, who spend a considerable amount of time promoting their cuddly, charity toy run image. They don't get to have it both ways. They're either crims, or nice guys in leather on big bikes.

So hold on . . . wearing a patch just means / displays for all to see that you are the type of guy that's have been the house boy / skivvy for some douche for several months for the sake of a . . . patch?

Some lads I grew up with wanted to start their own club. They had patches made and went to a hells angel festival at which there were proper "gang" members. I think the idea petered out sometime after that and was never mentioned again. :)

A recovering heroin addict I know told me the trade in his area (part of London) was totally controlled by the local biker gang.

I'm finding that doubtful tbh, especially in London, not that many 1% clubs there, the big red machine wouldn't touch brown with a bargepole (infact no iv use used to be in the rules for that particular club) and the other club i'm thinking of is too small to have any control on the drugs trade in an area.

I'm finding that doubtful tbh, especially in London, not that many 1% clubs there, the big red machine wouldn't touch brown with a bargepole (infact no iv use used to be in the rules for that particular club) and the other club i'm thinking of is too small to have any control on the drugs trade in an area.
Maybe I am mistaken then, it was definitely what he told me though, it would have been 20 years ago when he was using.

Hard to say mate, I can only go off what I know of the clubs concerned, sounds silly, but brown has always had a big stigma with the big Mc's (Apart from sonny flogging it back in the day) An addict is liable to put himself before the club, which is a big no no so you get one chance to clean up and that's it. Club comes first over anything, family, friends whatever, hence the need for prospecting.

Hard to say mate, I can only go off what I know of the clubs concerned, sounds silly, but brown has always had a big stigma with the big Mc's (Apart from sonny flogging it back in the day) An addict is liable to put himself before the club, which is a big no no so you get one chance to clean up and that's it. Club comes first over anything, family, friends whatever, hence the need for prospecting.
I may well have gotten the story wrong somehow then. Are you in a club yourself spawnofsatan?

I may well have gotten the story wrong somehow then. Are you in a club yourself spawnofsatan?

Nope, know a few who are and had the chance about 20 yrs ago, but it wasn't the life for me. Not even riding at the moment.

I know the HA have open nights at their clubhouses (well the local lot do anyroads) so if anyone is that interested, pop in!

A recovering heroin addict I know told me the trade in his area (part of London) was totally controlled by the local biker gang.

I'd struggle to believe that, just from what I've read about uk heroin trade. Isn't it Turks, yardies and Pakistanis, dealing with import? With a general mish mash of cultures, homegrown and immigrants, dealing with mid level and front lines? Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few HA types doing some mid level stuff, but I suspect the majority stay out of that game.

One of the Wessex (Reading HA chapters name - it's not even a real place, ffs...) got done for shifting coke a few years back. Was ounces, if I remember rightly. No doubt a significant police operation to bust him - if the others were involved they would also have been caught.

I'd struggle to believe that, just from what I've read about uk heroin trade. Isn't it Turks, yardies and Pakistanis, dealing with import? With a general mish mash of cultures, homegrown and immigrants, dealing with mid level and front lines? Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few HA types doing some mid level stuff, but I suspect the majority stay out of that game.

One of the Wessex (Reading HA chapters name - it's not even a real place, ffs...) got done for shifting coke a few years back. Was ounces, if I remember rightly. No doubt a significant police operation to bust him - if the others were involved they would also have been caught.
Not heard of the Yard connect, but yeah the other two mentioned for sure, not many bikers where the poppies grow...

Pretty much. They're a good indicator of a misogynist cunt as well though.

Not heard of the Yard connect, but yeah the other two mentioned for sure, not many bikers where the poppies grow...

Maybe not so much the dark, but moving coke in from Jamaica, re the yardies. Mules transporting it after it gets diverted from South America to the West Indies (mostly into the US, presumably, but with a healthy amount sent here...).

Maybe not so much the dark, but moving coke in from Jamaica, re the yardies. Mules transporting it after it gets diverted from South America to the West Indies (mostly into the US, presumably, but with a healthy amount sent here...).
Ah, knew they always shifted a lot of white, but hadn't heard of them importing brown ( Which would probably be tar anyway, knowing their connects)

I think if you are driving something unusual then people with knowledge of it may feel more camaraderie with you than just any other motorist, and perhaps caravaners or RV owners share that point of view with others also.

But if you stop on a bike, anyplace where there are other bikes, there seems to me to be instant animated chat! if you know what I mean. :)

I'd say it's the same. Just there are a few more bikers around than morris minor owners iyswim.

For someone who seems to know alot about clubs he shouldn't, I would have thought you would of been taught the code. Loose lips sink ships! In other words.... Shut the fuck up and stop talking about things that shouldn't be public knowledge.

Remember, Snitches Get Stitches.

BRTky.jpg

For someone who seems to know alot about clubs he shouldn't, I would have thought you would of been taught the code. Loose lips sink ships! In other words.... Shut the fuck up and stop talking about things that shouldn't be public knowledge.

Remember, Snitches Get Stitches.
What do you think about MC's (self named 1% outlaw clubs) that have more rules and by-laws than the US Constitution and the European charter of human rights put together? Why do so called outlaw MC's need to have all these rules?

Back
Top Bottom