Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

A word of warning from an idiot (me): don't, as I did, swipe Nip and Fab toning pads all around your eye area and then go out in the sun without putting on any sunscreen. I did this last week and basically fried my eyelids :facepalm: Just getting over the stingy, puffy stage now, but they're still intensely itchy and a bit sore, even with repeated applications of my daughter's eczema cream.

A word of warning from an idiot (me): don't, as I did, swipe Nip and Fab toning pads all around your eye area and then go out in the sun without putting on any sunscreen. I did this last week and basically fried my eyelids :facepalm: Just getting over the stingy, puffy stage now, but they're still intensely itchy and a bit sore, even with repeated applications of my daughter's eczema cream.
:eek::eek::eek:

Got some of the Aldi alleged Liz Earle dupe Fez909. I've never used the Liz Earle but I didn't like the smell as much as my old favourite Soap and Glory Ultimelt, and I found it a bit drying on my dryish skin (on a very hot day) Might be better on oilier complexions. Better than some more expensive cleansers I've tried but if I'm going super cheap I prefer the Superdrug Vitamin E Oil cleanser.

Eta. Can't remember what thread this was discussed in. Ah well, it's late and I've written it here now.

My eyelids are still a bit fucked up and I haven't been able to wear make up for a while, so I decided to chuck out most of my make up and start again. Bought some Bare Minerals foundation and concealer at the weekend - it's great, gentle on the skin, good coverage, makes me look healthy.

My eyelids are still a bit fucked up and I haven't been able to wear make up for a while, so I decided to chuck out most of my make up and start again. Bought some Bare Minerals foundation and concealer at the weekend - it's great, gentle on the skin, good coverage, makes me look healthy.

I've ditched my old makeup routine too and moved to a lovely Clinique moisture surge CC cream in a compact....it's factor 25 and is really light....just invisible on the skin. I'm very pale and find it hard to find a good colour match but this is perfect.

clinique+moisutre+surge+cc+cream+compact+foundation+2.png

Bought some benefit mascara and brow stuff.
Sorted for Summer now. :)

Both my Jo Malones are about to run out (pear and freesia for day, peony and suede for night). What smells are people wearing atm? I fancy something new.

Shay and Blue Black Club Leather - incredible scent, amazing stuff, it's my all time favourite

If you like something more floral then Tom Ford Fleur de Portofino / Neroli Portofino (bit less floral, more citrus). His vanilla and tobacco scent is cool too

Don't ever by Creed perfumes - they smell nice but cost a fortune and after about 20minutes you'd never know you'd put it on

Following on from my success with The Ordinary, I have impulse-bought Azeleic Acid and Vitamin C. Any idea what to do with them? The instructions are vague (apply PM or AM) - can you use them every day, or just occasionally?

La Roche Posay Effaclar range. I don't know what is in this stuff which makes it so good, because I've used other ranges with salicylic acid, like the Clinique three-step solutions, and it's been rubbish for me, but this is insanely, insanely good. I haven't worn foundation or concealer in months now. I've waited before posting here in case it was a fluke, but this stuff just gives me amazing, blemish free skin. I really can't believe it, tbh. :oops:

I use the Effaclur facial wash, (which seems different on the UK site to the one I get in China) and then the Efflacur Duo as a moisturizer all over my face, and then, if I see even the smallest hint of a spot, I put Effaclur AI on it and it goes away before it even becomes anything to worry about.

It's weird. I don't really spend any time looking pensively in the mirror any more. :D Sometimes I sort of drift towards a mirror and then wander off because there's nothing to see. :thumbs: I was going to ask a friend to bring me back some Clinique foundation from the US, and then I was like, Why? I'm not using it!

:oops: :thumbs: :cool:

My quest is over. I've managed to use a Skin Care Regime for 3 whole days with no rash, burning sensation, irritation or blemish. Liz Earle, I salute you.

If only I can be arsed to do it every day... :D
Doing it every day is fucktons easier when you know it's doing some good. I must admit, I go to bed without cleaning m'boat race about 5 nights a year tops, regret it each time.

My quest is over. I've managed to use a Skin Care Regime for 3 whole days with no rash, burning sensation, irritation or blemish. Liz Earle, I salute you.

it's all just so fucking expensive though isn't it :( I really got into a great routine but then couldn't afford to keep it up

moose, is it just the cleanser you're using? I have a voucher and might give it a go.

All three - the hot cloth cleanser, the toner and the moisturiser.
or at least I did for the first week and now keep forgetting, even though it's great...

Darn it...
Clinique seems to have stopped making the cc intense surge compact cream :(:(
They've only got tubes now...messy nonsense...

Why do companies do that? Sell a really popular product ....so good it's sold out often...then all of a sudden they just stop making it?
:mad:

Darn it...
Clinique seems to have stopped making the cc intense surge compact cream :(:(
They've only got tubes now...messy nonsense...

Why do companies do that? Sell a really popular product ....so good it's sold out often...then all of a sudden they just stop making it?
:mad:

Clinique does this all the time. :mad: They used to do an excellent anti-blemish solutions concealer, and now they only do the foundation.

i've started bulk buying any product that has become difficult to get hold of as it inevitably means an imminent discontinuation.

i bought around 30 of something i hadn't been able to get for a year when they randomly came up on amazon. presumably still available in another country.

The Ordinary do a caffeine solution that is meant to help with puffiness and dark circles, but never having used it myself, I can't tell you whether it's good or not.

Back
Top Bottom