Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Saffy I haven't done this, but apparently if you email Deciem with your key concerns and your brand choice they'll send you an individual regime.

right I have just got that one, theres a proper learning curve to application and it squirts out loads cus it's well fluid, you proper dont need much, am still getting to grips with it it'll feel oily on the skin for a bit and you might need to mix it with something else, putting it on damp skin well helps but it'll sting more if you get sensitivity (i cant talk about that cus my skin is apparently dead despite getting sporadic jawline hives which i reckon is weed pollen) - a spray bottle of water is good cus vit c is soluble in water - it does feel gritty but not like face scrub, more like if you rub toothpaste between yer fingers and feel the micro grains

if you dont get on with it and want easy the ascorbyl glucoside or the silicone emulsion would be the ones, but it confuses me tbh cus silicone is a barrier - forgot to add theres a magnesium one as well

oh and in regard to sunscreen - you only get 1% more protection at SPF50 than SPF30 so 30 is more than enough

and the whole water + vit c = bad is just for shelf life, not on yer face for 12 hours incase anyones wondering

disclaiiimerrrr I aint qualified in fuck all skin related i just get really high and read things about products << which is more than caroline does LoL she just sniffs em

Last edited:
Advice pls.

Age 55, skin pretty decent for age, a couple of small areas of hyper pigmentation, no allergies, generally problem free skin.

Anything specific I should be looking for? I use the Boots No7 serum, moisturiser and oil makeup remover currently. I'm totally out of touch with skincare and I would like at least try to stave off old lady skin as long as possible.

acid exfoliators, sunscreen, niacinamide is good for pigmentation iirc and the alpha arbutin from ordinary is for that as well, vitamin c, the alpha lipoic acid is really good for brightening but stronggggg < not all at the same time obviously and of course retinoids

if you focus on evening out the skintone then you wont look as old - hyperpigmentation as you age is from sun damage like 20 years before that

sunscreen, anyone who knows me knows my skin and the sun aren't exactly best friends :D

pengaleng and anyone else - any recommendations for a moisturiser that has sunscreen in it that isn't too heavy?

I don't use factor 50 except on holiday, and that 1% can make a difference :D but then I have skin that should be in scandinavia in the winter :oops:

Personally I wouldn't use Vit C after a Retinol. I use Vit C in the mornings, after Buffet/SubQ. I don't use it every morning.

My routine is cleanse, Buffet and HA (Sub Q and Sub Q eyes atm), sometimes Vit C, Moisturiser and sunscreen in the mornings.
PM is double cleanse, Buffet and HA, usually Retinol (still on the emulsion) and Rosehip Oil. Once a week I use the AHA Peel and follow that with Rosehip Oil only. I have some 'problems' with melasma which I suppose I could treat more aggressively but I am noticing a slow improvement over time with this regime and I am happy with the condition of my skin.

My routine is fairly similar to this. I mix Vit C with The Ordinary Ferulic Acid in the mornings and don't use Buffet, just Hyarulonic Acid.

In the evenings I use Buffet and not hyaluronic acid, retinoid with squalane and rosehip oil. Sometimes replace the oil with an overnight mask - either an Emma Hardie one or my newest love which is by Korres - wild rose sleeping facial cream. I got a small tube in the M&S advent beauty calendar and it's amazing. I will probably treat myself to a full-sized tub once it's finished. I don't use acid every night any more as my skin didn't like it. Probably a few times a week.

sunscreen, anyone who knows me knows my skin and the sun aren't exactly best friends :D

pengaleng and anyone else - any recommendations for a moisturiser that has sunscreen in it that isn't too heavy?

I don't use factor 50 except on holiday, and that 1% can make a difference :D but then I have skin that should be in scandinavia in the winter :oops:
I'd use a separate sunscreen. La Roche Posay is good.

vit c in morning under sunscreen cus it improves efficacy and the retinoids at night cus they are photosensitive imo - i dont really fuck with them shits tho

like retinoids are well aggressive and vit c is an acid so i wouldnt layer the two personally

whoever mentioned caroline, i gotta say cheers for the tip off, I found SO much internet beefs on her it's hilarious, I'm still reading through a like 100 odd page thread calling her out on her bullshit

thanks. Vit c morning was what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I've never used retinoids in the day.

I literally understand not a word of this post :D

It was all new to me too, I started using stuff from the Ordinary about a year ago, before then I didn't use anything, and still have weeks when i couldn't be bothered. Still find cleansing a faff and am just using water after having run out of whatever it was I was using.

Ooh like the sound of The Ordinary stuff and it’s not too spendy. A friend uses Environ but I think that is very expensive.

1-s2.0-S0022202X15357894-gr4.jpg

:ccool:

I need to get a decent hand fan for helping serum to dry, currently using a box lid, fans are helpful as well if acids make you tingle just fan yer face to relieve it

I need a concealer , I was using Bare Minerals but wasn’t impressed though I did use it unhappily till it ran out. I look at my eyes and see bags & dark circles.

Any suggestions please? I have never tried Touche Eclat (not sure if spelling right there?) which I’m tempted to.

I need a concealer , I was using Bare Minerals but wasn’t impressed though I did use it unhappily till it ran out. I look at my eyes and see bags & dark circles.

Any suggestions please? I have never tried Touche Eclat (not sure if spelling right there?) which I’m tempted to.

i've been using Boots no7 concealer (can't remember exactly the brand but it's in a stick). happy enough with it.

touche eclat is a highlighter really, i want something more matt that doesn't draw attention to the area.

I know benefit erase paste is good for circles, I dont really know whats available atm cus I havent bought make up for ages

ideally you'd want a peach toned corrector and layer it under foundation it will give better results

oh I just learned off baggott that the vitamin c in the day shouldnt be used over 10% IN THE DAYTIME, so you might wanna look at another antioxidant like ferulic acid or EUK for the daytime if your vitamin C is higher in percentage and use it at night

more inclined to listen to her cus shes got a science degree

Last edited:
aqua has your vitamin c come yet?

I keep watching these videos where the people reviewing get like harsh burning and tingling off it

i think my skin might be deadf tbh i cant feel fuckin anything when i put it on just like slight barely anything so i am like wtf youtube video??? like I know literally everyone says they got sensitive skin but like rarely anyone actually has truly sensitive skin but this is ridiculous

i tried it loads of different ways as well, adding to moisturiser is nicest one

i cant think straight atm but it's bothering me that it might give you a reaction because it's pure L ascorbic acid and the profect and perfect only has a derivative of it, so it has the capacity to feel really different

aqua has your vitamin c come yet?

I keep watching these videos where the people reviewing get like harsh burning and tingling off it

i think my skin might be deadf tbh i cant feel fuckin anything when i put it on just like slight barely anything so i am like wtf youtube video??? like I know literally everyone says they got sensitive skin but like rarely anyone actually has truly sensitive skin but this is ridiculous

i tried it loads of different ways as well, adding to moisturiser is nicest one

i cant think straight atm but it's bothering me that it might give you a reaction because it's pure L ascorbic acid and the profect and perfect only has a derivative of it, so it has the capacity to feel really different
It's arrived but I've not tried it yet. Been hit by a stomach bug. Will try at the weekend when I can wash it off again quick if I hate it :D thanks for the heads up :)

Back
Top Bottom