Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

i like maxfactor masterpiece mascara. i have to use black because i want waterproof but it does come in a browm as well.

I'm after a recommendation.

I've used Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation for years and really like it - lasts ages because I only wear make up about once a fortnight. But I can't find it anywhere in the shade I use :(

So, looking for something very similar please.

Makeup Revolution do copies of the naked palettes for £4 a pop, they're called Iconic 1, 2 & 3 and are v good. I think Superdrug sell them but I've only ever bought them online
I got a palette of the Makeup Revolution cuz it was cheap, not my favourite price, free, but very nearly free, and was astounded. Back in the day I'd put powder eyeshadow on about 8am and it had disappeared off somewhere by about 11. I use this stuff at about 06:00 and its still firmly where I put it by 21:00.

e2a and I've bought lots of other stuff too, mascara, lippies, eyeliners, foundation, eeee lots of good girly things (and boys things, should they wish).

e2aa oh and the brushes are good, and the brush cleaner

Amazon question....i have read the rave reviews on Boots protect and perfect serum. But it is about £8 cheaper on Amazon than at Boots? Would it still be the genuine article and does anyone else rate it?

I had an accident in boots at their no7 counter. My poor poor credit card. BUT I found a mascara I like, and a foundation, and I splurged on the eye serum too (Christ that feels lovely!)

I'm after a recommendation.

I've used Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation for years and really like it - lasts ages because I only wear make up about once a fortnight. But I can't find it anywhere in the shade I use :(

So, looking for something very similar please.
anyone got a suggestion?

Amazon question....i have read the rave reviews on Boots protect and perfect serum. But it is about £8 cheaper on Amazon than at Boots? Would it still be the genuine article and does anyone else rate it?
I've never bought beauty products on Amazon but the one time I bought make-up from eBay, it was fake so I haven't taken the risk again. You could always wait until they're doing no7 vouchers again, that'll save a fiver.

I love protect and perfect, it's definitely worth it and lasts ages.

Have you tried BareMinerals Biddlybee? I know they do starter packs if you want to try it out first. It looks odd on me I think but I know other people think it's fabulous. I did like the concealer and finishing powder or whatever it's called.

I'm so annoyed the superdrug in my town has shut down :mad:

I'll check those both out, cheers :)

It probably looks odd on me too tbf trashy, but I still cant get my head round proper foundation.

If you go to their counter they'll do a demo but I find it easier to try it myself at home. It's no good getting someone who actually knows what they're doing to put it on me. They'll probably give you a sample. I had one I could have sent you but I can't find it.

The foundation I just got from no7 is the starter one, nice and light and doesn't look like there's loads of it etc.

Most department stores have counters where they'll do demos in quieter times, sometimes you can book ahead.

The foundation I just got from no7 is the starter one, nice and light and doesn't look like there's loads of it etc.
Is it a powder? I can't do the liquid ones :oops:
Biddlybee M&S Autograph powder mineral foundation seems to be quite highly rated, might be worth having a look. I've got some Wet n Wild Ultimate Minerals foundation which is OK but I haven't used the Lizzie Arden so I don't know how it compares.
Ta, that's half the price too... might give it a go :hmm:

Have you tried BareMinerals Biddlybee? I know they do starter packs if you want to try it out first. It looks odd on me I think but I know other people think it's fabulous. I did like the concealer and finishing powder or whatever it's called.

I'm so annoyed the superdrug in my town has shut down :mad:
Do you have a beautycard or whatever they've changed it to being called? Quite often you can get free delivery off the website.

I don't really understand mineral foundation. I tried it and it was no different to face powder.
That's what it is (I think), face powder. A light dusting/ covering is like applying normal powder but you can build up coverage so it's more like a powder foundation. I guess it might depend on the brand/ingredients too I s'pose.

I don't really understand mineral foundation. I tried it and it was no different to face powder.
You put on a small tiny bit, then you rub it loads and loads in circular motions with the brush. So little you might think it's not enough to make a difference, and rub it so much you think you must have rubbed it all off. Try that twice and you should have flawless skin and look like you're not wearing makeup at all. That's Bare Minerals. I didn't get it at first either. I put on too much and didn't brush it enough and it looked chalky. It's the best stuff ever when you get it to work, and once you've got it, it's quick, easy, and lasts ages.

I'll check those both out, cheers :)

It probably looks odd on me too tbf trashy, but I still cant get my head round proper foundation.
its easy, get the right colour, start with a little then smear it all over. clean it off lips, smoodge round the jawline. done !

Back
Top Bottom