Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

kittyP I work with a dietician who says that. There are very good other reasons not to chug down coffee all day, but the main thing is to be well hydrated. Kettle on!

kittyP I work with a dietician who says that. There are very good other reasons not to chug down coffee all day, but the main thing is to be well hydrated. Kettle on!

Oh :cool: I wasn't completely misremembering.
I think she also said that even though some tea has just as much caffeine as some coffee, the way it releases is different so your better with tea.

I really would like a glowy unspotty untired unsaggy looking face.

yeah.. that's pretty much what I said a few posts back but fwiw I always think you look good - I suppose just like May said the same to me.

We are all very harsh on ourselves it seems.

Well, I'm still not 100% unspotty but my skin is a thousand times better than it ever has been before, on a pretty basic regime of hot cloth cleanser-serum-moisturiser-eye cream. I've always had dull, 'flat' looking skin; now it seems more 3d if that makes any sense.

So serum then moisturiser or moisturiser then serum?

I need to sort this out, as long as it doesn't make my spots more 3D :oops:
yeah.. that's pretty much what I said a few posts back but fwiw I always think you look good - I suppose just like May said the same to me.

We are all very harsh on ourselves it seems.
I don't think I've seen you much this year, my skin is pretty awful now.

So serum then moisturiser or moisturiser then serum?

I need to sort this out, as long as it doesn't make my spots more 3D :oops:I don't think I've seen you much this year, my skin is pretty awful now.

well I thought you looked really good less than 2 weeks ago on the London Classic. :) But if it's worrying you I hope you find the right stuff - I've not really stuck to the regime properly but I am doing much more than I was doing before this whole discussion started and I think it makes me feel better about myself anyway.

probably not enough tbh.. when i'm doing VLCD I drink loads and I glow but I always forget - and I drink too much tea and alcohol. I do try to drink caffeine free drinks too though - I'm quite good at that, so I suppose there's water there.
I find it makes a real difference in energy levels too. More so the older I get. If I don't keep that 2l up, I feel really sluggish and my concentration goes to shit.

I'm not sure skincare isn't an expensive con tbh but I'm really not one for beautifying and would probably fit right in to a wimmin's household. However, I live surrounded by beautiful people it seems and also it does lift my soul to make a bit of an effort.
I only started using moisturiser aged 30 (after two full-on years of clubbing - 3 day 'rave' binges, chainsmoking, not sleeping or eating etc). I noticed my skin drying out big time so started using it. I've always had greasy skin, and washed with soap and water for years, nowt else.

the ones i've used since we started this discussion all look a bit like jizz tbh... it's like expensive face jizz to make your skin glow.
:D:D:D

Not really a beauty product per se but I've been searching for ages for a perfume I really like and today I finally found it. Costs a small fortune but it's proper gorgeous smelling. I hardly ever get myself anything but had a proper awesome outcome at work and thought I deserved a treat. :)

I just discovered that TK Maxx is good for skincare! Last week I bought a 'Yes To Carotts' night moisturiser and a '40 Carotts' Retinol day cream. I had already bought the day version of the night cream in Boots a while ago.

I can recommend Boots No 7 Radiant Glow Foundation. There are lots of different shades so you can get a good colour match (they have one of those nifty devices in store to do the matching). I am warm ivory and it's perfect - better than some of the higher end foundations I've tried. And only £12.50.

I only started using moisturiser aged 30 (after two full-on years of clubbing - 3 day 'rave' binges, chainsmoking, not sleeping or eating etc). I noticed my skin drying out big time so started using it. I've always had greasy skin, and washed with soap and water for years, nowt else.

:D:D:D

I have always had quite oily skin, inherited from my mum.
But for me, one of the best hangover cures, since I was in my teens has always been washing my face, so therefore stripping it a bit, then smothering it in moisturiser.
When your really hungover you can feel your skin drinking the moisture up in a huge way. It's such a lovely feeling!

Biddlybee the boots on Fleet Street are pretty good with samples etc, but don't go main lunchtime- it's hellish- go a bit later and they have time to spend with you.

I have always had quite oily skin, inherited from my mum.
But for me, one of the best hangover cures, since I was in my teens has always been washing my face, so therefore stripping it a bit, then smothering it in moisturiser.
When your really hungover you can feel your skin drinking the moisture up in a huge way. It's such a lovely feeling!

Absolutely. I remember me and my friend sitting in her bedroom post-rave, having degrimed ourselves, listening to her groaning 'ahhhh, fresh goo' as she smeared her face in Olay :D

Biddlybee the boots on Fleet Street are pretty good with samples etc, but don't go main lunchtime- it's hellish- go a bit later and they have time to spend with you.
I went this morning, they told me they didn't have any samples, how do you get them?!

I might go to superdrug instead on Wednesday.

I do have a new bright red lipstick though.

Biddlybee - take yourself into a Boots shop, and ask them, and ask for samples. That way you won't splash out cash on something that's gonna irritate your skin. They give you samples in these little plastic tubes and you get quite a lot!
Give us some more tips soj... they wouldn't give me any samples! Going to try a different shop on Weds, who did you ask?

Back
Top Bottom