Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

I've never been brave enough to try this, but apparently you can cover your under eye area with BRIGHT RED lipstick and then use foundation. Seriously, look for it on YouTube. You probably feel like you're wearing a clay mask afterwards but it is a "thing".

WTF? I'll check it out but again...wtf? :hmm:

I need a good eye cream. My fine lines are turning to wrinkles and when I tried to do some eyeliner flicks the other day the skin was so wrinkled and crepey that i just couldn't.
I've also got quite noticeable laughter lines.
My skin is properly sensitive as well as oily so can anyone recommend a product which might help. :hopefulsmiley:

I've never been brave enough to try this, but apparently you can cover your under eye area with BRIGHT RED lipstick and then use foundation. Seriously, look for it on YouTube. You probably feel like you're wearing a clay mask afterwards but it is a "thing".
Brilliant - something to do with all the zillion red lipsticks I've tried and failed with :D

Right so I bought REN Retinoid anti-ageing serum and it is amazing. My skin is all glassy and plump and soft. It's quite incredible. Obviously too soon to say much about the effect on my lines but it's a promising start. Looks like it will last quite long too as you only use five drops at a time (I'm just using it at night times atm).
I also got REN's BB cream and it is similarly amazing. Instantly absorbed and doesn't feel tacky or filmy as some BB creams do, good natural looking coverage and lasts pretty well too. I usually find that I get a bit shiny with BB creams but this one is much better. Am using this, concealer and a little powder and it's lasting all day.

Right so I bought REN Retinoid anti-ageing serum and it is amazing. My skin is all glassy and plump and soft. It's quite incredible. Obviously too soon to say much about the effect on my lines but it's a promising start. Looks like it will last quite long too as you only use five drops at a time (I'm just using it at night times atm).
I also got REN's BB cream and it is similarly amazing. Instantly absorbed and doesn't feel tacky or filmy as some BB creams do, good natural looking coverage and lasts pretty well too. I usually find that I get a bit shiny with BB creams but this one is much better. Am using this, concealer and a little powder and it's lasting all day.

howwwww much??? :D

I bought some Max Factor Lipfinity 24 hour lipstick on Saturday and it really does work - lasts for ages. I'm very impressed, my lipsticks normally wear off within about 17 seconds. :cool:

I'd like to know that too!
Found this (£44 )but it's not the same thing. Or is it?
http://www.renskincare.com/c/facial-skincare_bio-retinoid
Yeah that's the one, I bought that oil as I've got plenty of cream to get through and a part of me imagines that it will be more concentrated, though I cannot tell you on what I'm basing this view...
It was £44 and the BB cream was around £30. But, as I say, I think they will last quite long and REN products are really nice...

I didn't think there was much difference in my skin since introducing a ren skincare routine so I stopped for about a week and I've really noticed the difference.

Plus I think I look better in recent photos than I have done :)

Boots are doing 2 Time Delay products for £13 at the mo, and as I was in there stocking up on some more serum, I picked up a tube of this too
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Time-...ollagen-Boosting-Wrinkle-Filler-30ml_1189219/

It's the fucking biz on smokers lip, and eye wrinkles. I had a late night with booze and loads of smokes last night and look fucking fresh today! Get in :D

So on the strength of this post, I have just bought this and some of their eye cream too. I too look forward to looking "fucking fresh" tomorrow morning. :D

So on the strength of this post, I have just bought this and some of their eye cream too. I too look forward to looking "fucking fresh" tomorrow morning. :D
:D You can blame fucking me if you're not ;)

I've not tried the Time Delay eye cream so report back on that soulja! I'm still made up with the No 7 Youthful Eye Serum - that really is the bollocks. I was running out tother night so used another cream I've got, and you couldn't half tell the difference!

:D You can blame fucking me if you're not ;)

I've not tried the Time Delay eye cream so report back on that soulja! I'm still made up with the No 7 Youthful Eye Serum - that really is the bollocks. I was running out tother night so used another cream I've got, and you couldn't half tell the difference!

I did use the no.7 one too - the whole tube (also on your recommendation I now remember) - I'm not sure if it helped or not. i'm not actually terribly wrinkly but I do have crows feet and I guess there's nothing to be done about them. I really just want to look less dull and knackered all the time.

I did use the no.7 one too - the whole tube (also on your recommendation I now remember) - I'm not sure if it helped or not. i'm not actually terribly wrinkly but I do have crows feet and I guess there's nothing to be done about them. I really just want to look less dull and knackered all the time.
I think crows feet are just always gonna be there - I don't think any product can really mask them. It's the other wrinkles for me - I was getting a crease on the top bit of my eye and as mentioned have stoner bags, and it really does work for them. Well, it massively reduces them anyway!

Have you tried the No 7 lift and luminate eye cream? I got a sample and that's quality too, but I haven't got the money to fling about on every product I want, so just keeping it to the eye serum for the mega expensive one.

Have you tried the No 7 lift and luminate eye cream? I got a sample and that's quality too, but I haven't got the money to fling about on every product I want, so just keeping it to the eye serum for the mega expensive one.

no - maybe I'll try that next - I "needed" something but have been holding off for the kind of special offer you posted above - so thanks for that.

I have been using Superdrug Vitamin E eye cream and it's been a minor revelation. My eyes still wrinkle up when I smile, obvs, but the whole area looks and feels much less dull and, well, old.

I can't believe I spent so many years thinking skincare was an expensive con :facepalm:

Btw gaijingirl - how much water do you drink per day? I find that makes a HUGE difference to my appearance. I make myself drink 2l in work every day. If I'm dehydrated, my neck skin has now started going saggy and when you pinch it, it stays pinched :mad::mad::mad::mad: Fucking old :mad::mad:

I can't believe I spent so many years thinking skincare was an expensive con :facepalm:
Me too May Kasahara - one of my mates, same age, has been doing all this for years. She smokes and drinks too, but her skin is wayyyy better than mine, and it's not just genetic, cos her Ma and Pa aged quite badly.

Still, at least we've started now eh? In any case, I couldn't afford this shit for years :D

As I've said before, I lay a lot of blame for my rudimentary self-care skills on being brought up in a right-on wimmin's household. My mum and all her friends acted like anything other than a wipe round with a damp horse blanket was unsisterly :D Cheers mum.
My mum washed our hair with soap for years. And no conditioner. And then dragged combs through our hair. I'm blaming HER for my reedy thin hair :mad::mad:

That sounds like the sort of thing I'd like May Kasahara . My eyes really show my age, and more.

Does anyone here have quite sensitive skin round the eyes? On top of tiredness, eczema makes my bags look even darker :facepalm:

I didn't think there was much difference in my skin since introducing a ren skincare routine so I stopped for about a week and I've really noticed the difference.

Plus I think I look better in recent photos than I have done :)
What is your ren skincare routine? :hmm:

Btw gaijingirl - how much water do you drink per day? I find that makes a HUGE difference to my appearance. I make myself drink 2l in work every day. If I'm dehydrated, my neck skin has now started going saggy and when you pinch it, it stays pinched :mad::mad::mad::mad: Fucking old :mad::mad:

probably not enough tbh.. when i'm doing VLCD I drink loads and I glow but I always forget - and I drink too much tea and alcohol. I do try to drink caffeine free drinks too though - I'm quite good at that, so I suppose there's water there.

I'm not sure skincare isn't an expensive con tbh but I'm really not one for beautifying and would probably fit right in to a wimmin's household. However, I live surrounded by beautiful people it seems and also it does lift my soul to make a bit of an effort.

That sounds like the sort of thing I'd like May Kasahara . My eyes really show my age, and more.

Does anyone here have quite sensitive skin round the eyes? On top of tiredness, eczema makes my bags look even darker :facepalm:

What is your ren skincare routine? :hmm:
I use No1 clarifying cleanser then clarimatte then a serum (no 7) then oil. Got the REN stuff from M&S on a 20% off beauty deal

probably not enough tbh.. when i'm doing VLCD I drink loads and I glow but I always forget - and I drink too much tea and alcohol. I do try to drink caffeine free drinks too though - I'm quite good at that, so I suppose there's water there.

I was listening to a radio 4 programme a few years ago and there was a woman who had done a scientific study in to the drinks we drink and their effects on our hydration.
Apparently caffinated drinks are nowhere near as bad for hydration as was thought.
Apparently even with the caffeines slightly diuretic effect, we still gain most of the water from coffee and tea, more than drinking nothing.
According to her anyway. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about :D

Back
Top Bottom