Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Oh thanks all:oops:. That's heartened me a bit. I'm not all that sure I can carry it off with my giant fat face.... It will be better the right colour I hope.

My friend and my mum both said it made me look younger too gg :hmm:
I don't know if I've seen you before so can't comment on the difference but I really love it.

I am very over weight and worry about certain styles making me look butch because of that but I think your style looks soft and feminine as well as being out there iykwim?

That's something I was worried about. Thank you so much for helping me x x

Chomping at the bit to get the colour right though

Hopefully I won't look awful. My sister and sparklefish aren't convinced.... I'm sat on the bed just now with cling film and stinky colour b4 on. Can't wait to see if it strips all the colour coz if it does I'll have a true indication of how much grey I have. I took pics of my head before. I'm very thin round the back so cutting it short is going to be the right thing I hope. Bloody hell. What am I doing?! :D.

How much grey have you now aqua? I can picture your hair when I last saw you and don't recall any.
I was brought red when we saw you guys :D

Basically I wanted a change but having brought in ya face red costs a lot to keep it looking good. Also the bob I had, whilst gorgeous, also needed cutting often. Both cost money that with a newborn I don't have.

So I thought about just going back to my old hair, that I can tie up, and just using box colours. I know the amount of grey i have is getting more and more so as I grew out the red I had the idea of keeping the grey and adding highlights to it to make it really striking. Then as they grew you wouldn't get the solid line of color at the roots and if I can tie it back it'll be OK for baby wrangling too.

Since having the bob I've been able to do bedding to wash my hair every day too, not sure if that's because I didn't need with it so much or a sign of getting older but it all means I'm saving money, have a new do and it's practical :)

I'm loving my grey. At the front it's ash blond type grey, really lovely then I have lots of pale grey and white. It's still very much hair with grey bits but I love it :)

I don't know if I've seen you before so can't comment on the difference but I really love it.

I am very over weight and worry about certain styles making me look butch because of that but I think your style looks soft and feminine as well as being out there iykwim?
I'm huge, height, weight, massive broad shoulders, most styles don't make you look butch as long as they aren't blunt cuts and have softness to them :) even with my shortest hair (shaved up the back) because the top was cut soft it was fine :)

Besides hair grows again so even if you get it wrong it'll grow out :)

madamv I get that brave comment a lot about drastic hair cuts. I don't get it, hair grows, I bloody love the feeling and sound of long hair getting cut off :oops: I've gone from hair below my shoulder blades to a very sorry cut just because I got bored in the hairdressers :D it's great fun. Same with color, it can always be fixed if it doesn't work but I think I've only had one color that didn't and that was the hairdressers fault.

Ah have fun with hair :)

Wow! That's such a difference! I love it. LOVE it. I've been dabbling in the world of bleach+colours myself this week.
Thanks x x. I showed them your frock pic yesterday actually as I was on both urban and fb what with being in there from noon til 6.30!!! They loved your colours x x x

I can't wait to get the next round of colour on it tbh. It's such a honey kinda colour and like you and aqua, I like something a bit different. I get grumpy with the frumpy... Its just not me to be one colour for too long.

My head itches today and I have a couple of peroxide burns. Eek. So I'll go in again next weekend I reckon. Give it chance to heal. I've just ordered some Fudge violet shampoo to be ready when it is sussed properly.

Ps aqua you're not frikin huge fgs. By any stretch.!

No but I'm big all over is what I'm trying to say, I look in proportion but that's because I'm tall. There isn't any of me that is Petit in any way :D

Thanks x x. I showed them your frock pic yesterday actually as I was on both urban and fb what with being in there from noon til 6.30!!! They loved your colours x x x

I can't wait to get the next round of colour on it tbh. It's such a honey kinda colour and like you and aqua, I like something a bit different. I get grumpy with the frumpy... Its just not me to be one colour for too long.

My head itches today and I have a couple of peroxide burns. Eek. So I'll go in again next weekend I reckon. Give it chance to heal. I've just ordered some Fudge violet shampoo to be ready when it is sussed properly.

Ps aqua you're not frikin huge fgs. By any stretch.!
ooh - I've just got the fudge violet conditioner. I was already using the lush violet shampoo (Daddy-o), which I may replace with fudge when it runs out. I've been usin g daddy-o for years, because of the smell - but fudge is supposed to be the dog's bollocks for combating yellow tones.

That's what I read....

Is the conditioner good? Apparently you can leave shampoo on for a long time to get violet tones.

That's what I read....

Is the conditioner good? Apparently you can leave shampoo on for a long time to get violet tones.
it's the best-reviewed violet conditioner i looked at (clearly wasn't looking at ones that were like £20 per treatment), and unlike some seems to work as an actually good conditioner too. Also worth a look is using purple toners (la riche directions gets the best reviews for staying power) mixed with normal conditioner to top up the actual lilac colour.

Does anyone have one of those money off no7 vouchers going spare and wouldn't mind posting it? Please? Although they do expire really quickly don't they?

Does anyone have one of those money off no7 vouchers going spare and wouldn't mind posting it? Please? Although they do expire really quickly don't they?
I didn't have a voucher and they didn't give me one either :( otherwise I would have sent it to you

It is 3 for 2 on No 7 face stuff at the moment tho (but appreciate that means that you spend £30-40 rather than £50-60)

I had 3 but they all expired yesterday, sorry wtfftw - I did ask for a later one, but they said they ALL ran out yesterday and they weren't doing any more.

Report back trashpony ;)

Yeah my vouchers ran out yesterday too.
I did get some eyeshadows and my dermabrasion scrub. I also got a No7 battery powered cleansing brush with my points, my skin feels lovely. [emoji4]

I'm still on the lip liner hunt so if I get any vouchers I'll post to whoever but I have to post this now to remind me not to scrap them.

Thanks manter x x. I don't think I have any bone in my face it's so fat... :( however, in the eye of positive attitude for my girl I'm embracing my new cut. I hope to get into the salon tomorrow for colour phase two. Yipee!

c344dabaa1b40f9d3904b276a295edc1.jpg
b9715e5de96eec64d2bca7862a2600fe.jpg
ta dahhhhhh. Super happy with the colour!

Back
Top Bottom