Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Oh Ms T

I still haven't got my face cloths so haven't used the oil cleaner yet but I had a bath and washed my face with clean and clear facial scrub, put on some serum on and then decided to try the cold pressed pure sweet almond oil on my face.
It is gorgeous! :)
I initially was very careful and put tiny drip on the end of my finger, started rubbing it on my chin and my skin drank it up, so put a bigger amount in my hands and started rubbing it all over my face and neck. It feels so lovely.

It's difficult to describe coz it is greasy, obvs coz it's oil but it's a light fluffy easily absorbed grease if that makes sense.

I had just washed my hair so put some in the lengths of that too like you would hair serum.

My face feels fresh and so so soft :)

Thank you :D x

I have been inspired by this thread to make Feb not only booze free but using a cleanser rather than wipes. I have some no7 hot cloth cleanser though I do need some new muslin. A few years back I had a Eve Lom hot cloth cleansing kit for Xmas which was great. Also more water too.

So, if I were to use a retinol product and a serum, in what order do i use them and when? Is the serum over night aswell? Or the day? Or both? If the day, it goes on under a moisturiser with SPF (if using retinol at night)???

So, if I were to use a retinol product and a serum, in what order do i use them and when? Is the serum over night aswell? Or the day? Or both? If the day, it goes on under a moisturiser with SPF (if using retinol at night)???
At night, Retinol then serum then moisturiser/oil. I don't use retinol in the morning, just serum then moisturiser (with SPF) if you need it. I don't bother with SPF in the winter. In the summer I sometimes use a tinted SPF, or tinted moisturiser with SPF like Laura Mercier.

Ok, and another question, sorry Ms T, if I'm using a retinol product that isn't specifically for the eye area, but that's where my lines are, would you use an eye product aswell?

Ok, and another question, sorry Ms T, if I'm using a retinol product that isn't specifically for the eye area, but that's where my lines are, would you use an eye product aswell?
I use an eye cream day and night and am also using almond oil at night as it's supposed to be good for dark circles. That Boots eye cream that sojourner mentioned up thread is very good. Having said that, there's a limit to what you can do for eye lines. That's where mine are too!

That Boots eye cream that sojourner mentioned up thread is very good. Having said that, there's a limit to what you can do for eye lines. That's where mine are too!
Oh it seriously fucking is - I am WELL impressed. Best thing I think I've ever used on my eyes. Mine get really puffy these days during the night, always had bad sinus problems but they're getting worse as I age so I don't think that helps, but the puffiness is HUGELY decreased with this stuff.

I have stoner bags too - much improved.

Also - the tops of my eyes, that were starting to look a little worse for wear, are now back to their former tight selves. My eyes are lovely again :thumbs:

That's the next thing I'm buying actually, with a voucher - another tube of that!

Oh it seriously fucking is - I am WELL impressed. Best thing I think I've ever used on my eyes. Mine get really puffy these days during the night, always had bad sinus problems but they're getting worse as I age so I don't think that helps, but the puffiness is HUGELY decreased with this stuff.

I have stoner bags too - much improved.

Also - the tops of my eyes, that were starting to look a little worse for wear, are now back to their former tight selves. My eyes are lovely again :thumbs:

That's the next thing I'm buying actually, with a voucher - another tube of that!

Ok tell me again which one it is. I've got a Clinique eye cream atm which is about as good as a chocolate fireguard, so I'm looking for something else.

Last edited:
I have used one of my many No7 vouchers and bought a cleansing oil which has rosehip & vitamin E in it. It was £6 wiith my £5 off. I also bought muslin clothes to use with my No7 hot cleansing thing. The cloths were 69p each in Home Bargains or £5 for 3 in Boots! I will start tonight but my plan is to have Feb where I don't use face wipes & generally take more time. I will also be on nights from tomorrow for 4 weeks so I may not notice much improvement.

Not sure where to put this so I've crashed in here :D

I've just bought a colour B4. To strip my dye, or at least attempt to before going to the salon Friday to get a mohi (sort of) and start the colouring off to turn my hair grey/mink all over. Eek! Wanted it since Kelly Osbourne first had it and I'm well titsed off with doing my grey roots every 6wks. So from mid length brunette, to short sides, long quiffable middle and colour change!

Hopefully I won't look awful. My sister and sparklefish aren't convinced.... I'm sat on the bed just now with cling film and stinky colour b4 on. Can't wait to see if it strips all the colour coz if it does I'll have a true indication of how much grey I have. I took pics of my head before. I'm very thin round the back so cutting it short is going to be the right thing I hope. Bloody hell. What am I doing?! :D.

How much grey have you now aqua? I can picture your hair when I last saw you and don't recall any.

Hopefully I won't look awful. My sister and sparklefish aren't convinced.... I'm sat on the bed just now with cling film and stinky colour b4 on. Can't wait to see if it strips all the colour coz if it does I'll have a true indication of how much grey I have. I took pics of my head before. I'm very thin round the back so cutting it short is going to be the right thing I hope. Bloody hell. What am I doing?! :D.

How much grey have you now aqua? I can picture your hair when I last saw you and don't recall any.

Bugger, when you said a strip I thought you meant a strip of the new colour for some reason (which I thought was a bit odd) . I can't remember who told me but someone said those colour strippers can stop a new colour taking. I hope that's not true!

Nah. My salon recommended it so it'll be alright

I used Colour b4 last week and it was ok but not as good as the Superdrug own brand one (the name of which I've forgotten but it's similar). Colour b4 was more faff and less effective imo. I've used the Superdrug one 2x before and was impressed.

I then went on to use Olia on the recommendation of the urbz, which has left my hair in lovely condition. The colour is not massively even but it wasn't to begin with (due to all the previous stuff not stripping away). I think it looks ok though!

Good luck with yours - exciting plans!

also I bought the youthful eye serum last week and haven't noticed a huge difference but have only been using it a week and maybe my eyes weren't that bad to begin with? Also been mostly doing the serum/moisturiser/oil thing and I *think* things are better - although I did get a few spots to being with (and I rarely rarely get spots). In a weird way I'm enjoying this looking after myself better lark. It helps that I've stopped drinking though tbf...

also I bought the youthful eye serum last week and haven't noticed a huge difference but have only been using it a week and maybe my eyes weren't that bad to begin with? Also been mostly doing the serum/moisturiser/oil thing and I *think* things are better - although I did get a few spots to being with (and I rarely rarely get spots). In a weird way I'm enjoying this looking after myself better lark. It helps that I've stopped drinking though tbf...
Mmm - I reckon the reason I've noticed such a difference with that eye serum is that my eyes ARE much older, baggier and wrinklier than yours would be.

I'm really liking the looking-after-my-face too!

this thread has prompted me to start using the lovely eye and face night creams that i bought ages ago. they make my skin feel lovely but i always forget to use them and don't like putting it on just before bed because then my face sticks to the pillow!

however, i always take my make-up off earlier in the evening (eye makeup removal cream and cotton wool and face wipes for the rest) so if i put my night moisturisers with my removal stuff i can do it at the same time.

After most of a lifetime dismissing skincare routines as expensive hokum, I am now a total serum convert.

Going to get some hot cloth cleanser next.

Well, turns out the hairdresser I use, my boss's wife to be, didn't suggest I use colour b4! Although she may have she can't remember but said the same as sparklefish. It won't colour after! Jeez!

So Friday is the day. Cut and bleach bath. Then see how well she can bring the colour up once most of my hair is chopped. I need to grow the top a bit more though...

I'll post a couple of pics so far if you like?

Well, turns out the hairdresser I use, my boss's wife to be, didn't suggest I use colour b4! Although she may have she can't remember but said the same as sparklefish. It won't colour after! Jeez!

So Friday is the day. Cut and bleach bath. Then see how well she can bring the colour up once most of my hair is chopped. I need to grow the top a bit more though...

I'll post a couple of pics so far if you like?

that's weird...:confused: I coloured after (the day after - last week) and it's definitely coloured! Plus I'm sure it actually says on the packet it should leave it in an ideal state to colour after....

I've done that all 3 times and the last 2 times my hairdresser coloured it after. Maybe it depends on the colour?

and yes.. show the photos! :)

Back
Top Bottom