Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Is serum supposed to sting when you put it on? It really does and still feels a bit sore 30 minutes later (it's Olay by the way, not L'Oreal as I said above).
Mine stung a bit first time I used it. It's got something in it though that's meant to remove dead skin cells. It's fine now though gaijingirl

Did it stop stinging?

I can only report good things about the state of my face after a week of poncing round with it. It looks - brighter, less saggier, especially around the eyes and the jawline, incredibly smooth, and really 'glowy'. Am well chuffed! It feels different too - hard to describe. But better. Probably just 'clean' :D

Brown mascara wearers (Manter, not sure who else), do you also use brown eyeliner? Any recommendations?
I still can't do eyeliner :oops: but this has reminded me I need a new mascara, mine's almost empty and probably quite old!
Same mate bought me crayons- crayon eyeshadow, blusher and lipstick. It's brilliant, I just crayon my face in the morning :D
eye-shadow crayons sound good :)

I'm very impressed with the Clinique eyeliner I got with my Black Honey gift thing. I can draw like a 2 year old and then I've got 60 seconds to smudge it into a more suitable style before it sets. Fantastic for a clumsy arse like me. I believe some of their liners even come with a built in smudger so you don't have to use a manky morning finger.

eyeshadow crayons made me think of this...

-A-Clockwork-Orange-001.jpg

When I used akamuti oil for a bit it used to make my skin sting, it felt like it was burning the skin a bit. I gave up using it because on day my pores went absolutely massive and that's never happened before.

I got a free sample of this http://www.renskincare.com/p/3788/Rosa+Centifolia™+Hot+Cloth+Cleanser from someone or somewhere recently. It really soothes and smoothes skin with no redness or anything, and I have quite sensitive skin. I might be tempted to buy some when the tube is finished. It feels like a really luxurious thing to do too.

Is serum supposed to sting when you put it on? It really does and still feels a bit sore 30 minutes later (it's Olay by the way, not L'Oreal as I said above).
I haven't used a serum that stings. Does it have Retinol in it, because that can make sensitive skin more sensitive, ifyswim. Or glycolic/saclycilic acid, which is an exfoliator and spot treatment?

I still can't do eyeliner :oops: but this has reminded me I need a new mascara, mine's almost empty and probably quite old!
eye-shadow crayons sound good :)
Yeah, but you can knit and all other kinds of useful, crafty skills. I have wasted my life practicing how to draw a really thin line near my eye. Ffs :facepalm:;)

I have some colourful eyeshadow crayons that i got last Christmas and have never used. I never really wear the stuff. I'll show you them next time i see you.

Yeah, but you can knit and all other kinds of useful, crafty skills. I have wasted my life practicing how to draw a really thin line near my eye. Ffs :facepalm:;)

I have some colourful eyeshadow crayons that i got last Christmas and have never used. I never really wear the stuff. I'll show you them next time i see you.
Knitting doesn't really make me look pretty :D I've done it once, but that was in on my tod drinking rum! Haven't been able to replicate

ION Avon don't do my brown mascara anymore. Any recommendations for sensitive contact lens wearer?

One more recommendation, a cheap one this time! Superdrug's Vitamin E Body Butter. £1.99, and makes my skin feel like silk -seriously good value.

I can't seem to find it online though :confused:

Brown mascara wearers (Manter, not sure who else), do you also use brown eyeliner? Any recommendations?
If you want proper liquid eyeliner (rather than a pencil/felt tip), I can highly recommend Bourjois Ligne Precis (or something like that) - it says it lasts 16h and it really does. No flake, no disappearing into your face. It's a nice dark brown but most definitely not black. Haven't work black mascara/eyeliner for years - it looks horrid on me.

Well I have gone out and bought facecloths and a load of stuff from REN (because they sell it in M&S and I had a 20% off voucher plus £5 off a £30 spend plus some other money off things so it didn't financially cripple me as much as it could have).

I shall report back. If I don't glow, I'm going to be bloody cross :mad:

Knitting doesn't really make me look pretty :D I've done it once, but that was in on my tod drinking rum! Haven't been able to replicate

ION Avon don't do my brown mascara anymore. Any recommendations for sensitive contact lens wearer?
boots no 7. I emergency-purchased having come out without a make up bag after a 4 am start and small boots was all I could find. its ace- better than the much more expensive one I have at home. I am not wearing lenses today, but my eyes are v sensitive and it hasn't flaked or irritated them at all

I do- I use brown or grey if I want to take it up a notch. Looks surprisingly good with brown mascara. Mine is the chanel one though so a bit of a silly price.

I have coveted the chanel liquid liner pen (is that the one you mean) for ages - every time I ask for it in Selfridges they're sold out though. Where do you get it?

Grey you say :hmm: I like grey.

Stuff I put on my face is something I'm enough of a mug prepared to spend silly money on tbh. I've used clinique 3 step since I was 17. See also YSL mascara etc. I make it last, and there's lots of other things I don't spend money on.

Ta darling - you too trashpony :)

If you want proper liquid eyeliner (rather than a pencil/felt tip), I can highly recommend Bourjois Ligne Precis (or something like that) - it says it lasts 16h and it really does. No flake, no disappearing into your face. It's a nice dark brown but most definitely not black. Haven't work black mascara/eyeliner for years - it looks horrid on me.

Well I have gone out and bought facecloths and a load of stuff from REN (because they sell it in M&S and I had a 20% off voucher plus £5 off a £30 spend plus some other money off things so it didn't financially cripple me as much as it could have).

I shall report back. If I don't glow, I'm going to be bloody cross :mad:
Bourjois liner's great, I use the black clubbing one and it's great for getting a really fine line that lasts

I have coveted the chanel liquid liner pen (is that the one you mean) for ages - every time I ask for it in Selfridges they're sold out though. Where do you get it?

Stuff I put on my face is something I'm enough of a mug prepared to spend silly money on tbh. I've used clinique 3 step since I was 17. See also YSL mascara etc. I make it last, and there's lots of other things I don't spend money on.

Will find the actual name when I get home- I usually get it in heathrow, but that is my former pre-child jetsetting life. Apparently they sell it in John Lewis....

Doc has said it looks like dermatitis not acne, so weak hydrocortisone, ffs stupid skin :mad:

Tell me about clinique 3 step...

I've been ok with their cityblock in the past.

Biddlybee Here you go- http://m.clinique.co.uk/node/15196
It's a cleanser (I use the liquid wash but there's also bars I think), clarifying lotion (toner) and moisturiser.
It's worth going in for a consultation though. Like Rebelda, I've been using it for years. They do several options based on your skin type. I've got oily skin so really like their moisturising gel as it's not too heavy.
It's a lot of money to buy it all at once but they don't all run out together so you won't have to do that more than once. I buy mine from boots to get advantage points. [emoji4]

Biddlybee - Clinique is really expensive but they have their bonus thing on in Morley's at the moment and the woman on the counter (when I last went) is really nice and gives out samples. I used to get Clinique stuff from there years ago and then it disappeared only to reappear last year or so. Not that I then bought anything, but the samples were very nice thank you. :D

The moisturiser (I use the lotion for dry skin) is no perfume, no sun screen, no nothing. I swear I can feel my skin go 'ahhhhh' when I put it on. It's the bee's knees. I can rub it right into my eyelashes and it doesn't sting. I use the soap bar - one of which lasts about a year, if not more - and the toner too. Dunno about the rest for your skin Biddlybee but the cream might be good?

What colour chubby have you already got?

Biddlybee - Clinique is really expensive but they have their bonus thing on in Morley's at the moment and the woman on the counter (when I last went) is really nice and gives out samples. I used to get Clinique stuff from there years ago and then it disappeared only to reappear last year or so. Not that I then bought anything, but the samples were very nice thank you. :D

Yes the woman I saw on the Clinique counter at Morleys was really nice.
Not as scary or ultra glam as the other counters.

The moisturiser (I use the lotion for dry skin) is no perfume, no sun screen, no nothing. I swear I can feel my skin go 'ahhhhh' when I put it on. It's the bee's knees. I can rub it right into my eyelashes and it doesn't sting. I use the soap bar - one of which lasts about a year, if not more - and the toner too. Dunno about the rest for your skin Biddlybee but the cream might be good?

What colour chubby have you already got?
I'll pop in somewhere and have a go with a tester, cheers :) should know within a minute or so.

I've got honey and raisin

OK so I have received my L'Oreal Miracle Cleansing Oil and Sen Lift Serenity Anti wrinkle Serum (not for that price :eek:, I think it was about £3) through the post.

I am waiting on sweet almond oil and face cloths.

Have put a bit of the cleansing oil on my finger and it is lovely and light but will wait for the cloths to use it properly.

Tried the serum after washing my face in the bath with ex-foliating wash.
It said NOT to use around the eye area :hmm: but I did a bit anyway as my skin is not that sensitive and haven't noticed any bad reaction.
Waited a little bit and then moisturised at normal.
Face feels OK but I wasn't expecting anything from just one use of serum :D
Will see how it all goes when the other stuff is here.

Back
Top Bottom