Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Pretty much want to end up a mix of these.
f8762a534a04edf4c186804648ae8039.jpg
f5cc419578f66494d47a8c3bddecea80.jpg
aee961e2734e252eaeeb72e3cf28df2f.jpg

Last edited:
I want it longish through the back plus not shaved as I'm too old for that... Plus I'm fat so I dont want to look too butch.

omfg.. you're going to look SO cool.

I do like your "before" hair too though - I've been considering getting a fringe forever and i'd have liked a blunt cut straight fringe but my hair will have to sweep across apparently -- plus it's kind of curly - I wonder if i could do something like yours (although probably would have to be a bit more sweepy) - I like it! You've got a lovely face too.

Whens the chop/dye job? Looking forward to those photos..

Aw cheers missus.I really should have applied make up for the 'before' pics.. I usually have an asymmetrical fringe but it's grown loads as I've not had a cut since November. I like it short in one corner and sweeping down over my eye so I reckon you could do that .. I dry my hair with a diffuser to go out and the natural wave kinks in and the fringe I straighten.

Not from Friday though! Eek! Loads of people keep telling me I'm really brave. It's starting to worry me :hmm:

Aw cheers missus.I really should have applied make up for the 'before' pics.. I usually have an asymmetrical fringe but it's grown loads as I've not had a cut since November. I like it short in one corner and sweeping down over my eye so I reckon you could do that .. I dry my hair with a diffuser to go out and the natural wave kinks in and the fringe I straighten.

Not from Friday though! Eek! Loads of people keep telling me I'm really brave. It's starting to worry me :hmm:

yes.. this is the problem, i dno't do drying hair - i don't even have a hairdryer - but maybe I should give it a go.

Well, turns out the hairdresser I use, my boss's wife to be, didn't suggest I use colour b4! Although she may have she can't remember but said the same as sparklefish. It won't colour after! Jeez!

So Friday is the day. Cut and bleach bath. Then see how well she can bring the colour up once most of my hair is chopped. I need to grow the top a bit more though...

I'll post a couple of pics so far if you like?

Maybe it was D that told me but I haven't been in since May so not sure.

You won't need to if your hair is naturally wavy. *jealous*

It's very wavy - curly really. I just brush it completely straight in the morning and it's wavy after it dries and seems to get curlier throughout the day - then eventually starts to dread ... I use a lot of conditioner.

What is the difference between a hot cloth cleanser and a normal cleanser? :hmm:

I've still not managed to try a serum :oops: that aveeno one has been discontinued and simple don't do one afaik.

What is the difference between a hot cloth cleanser and a normal cleanser? :hmm:

I've still not managed to try a serum :oops: that aveeno one has been discontinued and simple don't do one afaik.
It's a creamy, oil or balm cleanser you take off with a warm flannel. So you're also exfoliating and opening your pores to get rid of all the crap. You can do it with the Simple creamy cleanser.

Suspect I am slower than you, Biddlybee. Having done nothing whatsoever (on my glamour quest), I finally bought some mask exfoliating thing from Asda - a bit cheapskate (£1.67)...although it is too bloody cold to fanny about in the bathroom so it is still in my bag. As a hoarder, I have (boxes of) 30year old eyeshadows (I was insane for Bourjois ones) and ancient lipsticks (dozens of them, in eye-watering scarlets, plums and purple!). The sheer number of them speaks of a younger, vainer self which I struggle to recall. I am giving myself a stern talking to...but, like modern music (which passed me by somewhere in the mid 80s), beauty products seem to have become complicated and bewildering, right at the point when I cannot rely on a simple slash of lippy and a smurge of shadow and my skin resembles a lunar landscape in hard weather.

Can I please have some lip liner help. I've been looking at lots of them today but they're all rock hard pencils which only seem to make my lips look bigger cos they scratch. I can lick and draw but it's not terribly hygienic and I'd actually just like a soft one that works.

Can I please have some lip liner help. I've been looking at lots of them today but they're all rock hard pencils which only seem to make my lips look bigger cos they scratch. I can lick and draw but it's not terribly hygienic and I'd actually just like a soft one that works.
Kiko Ace of diamonds or Urban Decay 24/7

Soft, don't drag, stay where you put them and a great colour range.

Online. Worth looking up, good and very reasonably priced.
Bloggers love em so search online for swatches and recommendations.

madamv I am so excited for you with your hair :)

One thing I have noticed since using the serum and sweet almond oil is that the skin in my eye sockets (even though the serum said not for the eye area I did anyway :oops: ) feels a lot less baggy.
I don't really know how is looks as it's difficult to tell myself but it feels better and even if it's psychosomatic then :thumbs:

Tempted by the £5 off voucher, I have bought the no 7 youthful eye serum. If it can sort these dark circles, it's worth every penny.

ae9d76bd565ca3cb67f816a1159e5854.jpg
56811d2c32cf32a4127f88cd4e299944.jpg

Not sure yet. . Need to style it myself. . Also the colour isn't right but after two bleach baths, one peroxide of two strengths and two toners nothing more would lift it. So next week or week after, going in again for more of the same. Going to attempt to lift it to white / platinum and then grey / lilac it up.....

Oh thanks all:oops:. That's heartened me a bit. I'm not all that sure I can carry it off with my giant fat face.... It will be better the right colour I hope.

My friend and my mum both said it made me look younger too gg :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom