Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

What night-time moisturiser do people use>?
I've never found anything that works for me. My skin is pretty impossible. It gets very dry but also very greasy and reacts badly to pretty much everything. I can't even wear scarves bcos I start getting spots and rashes round my neck and chin ffs :mad: And yes, I've tried different materials - 100% cotton, silk, everything.
Anyway, just looking for some moisturiser recommendations :)

I'm not sure what I should do about my skin at the moment. I've been wearing a sunscreen/moisturiser every day since I was about 18 and the other day I started panicking due to noticing some fine lines under my eyes. Which is stupid because they aren't terrible compared to most people my age (I'm 32) I think I should invest in a gel under eye cream and calm the fuck down maybe :confused:

You mean. I'm not to age in reverse? :eek:
I had some pretty horrendous lines under my eyes when I was in my late 20s and took to using eye cream and they improved dramatically, probably just plumping the skin out or whatever, probably no real effect but there we are.

I bought some coconut oil to use as a hair masque. I have also discovered it's great for removing eye make-up.

Very spendy, but I splashed out on some YSL Youth Liberator foundation, because god knows I need to liberate my youth. It's ace. Gives a flawless yet dewy finish.

I've never found anything that works for me. My skin is pretty impossible. It gets very dry but also very greasy and reacts badly to pretty much everything. I can't even wear scarves bcos I start getting spots and rashes round my neck and chin ffs :mad: And yes, I've tried different materials - 100% cotton, silk, everything.
I've got similarly difficult skin, it's sensitive rather than dry but am prone to greasiness and hormonal spots. I use this moisturiser http://www.herbfarmacy.co.uk/products/just-face-cream-50g.html at night time (and sometimes with concealer as a tinted moisturiser on really cold days) and it moisturises and soothes without being too heavy. You only need a tiny bit too so a tub lasts me two or three months depending on what else i am using

this prompted me to go out and finally buy a night-time moisturiser. i got an olay one.

it is well nice, has a completely different feel to it compared with a day moisturiser and i can feel the effects already. i noticed a few weeks ago that my skin is drying up for the winter because i put foundation on without applying moisturiser just beforehand and my forehead went all flaky. today i did the same thing but no flakes!

I mostly don't wear any make up during the day, so just don't wash my face at night :oops: If I have worn make up and thus cleansed my face, I use my normal day cream. My skin is an annoying mix of greasy and dry and doesn't like rich moisturiser. Or maybe I just haven't used the right kind...Dr Hauschka Rose cream was way too heavy and Olay night stuff gave me spots (although the day cream now does that too).

Am contemplating using coconut oil for my hair and skin, in the interests of cheap purity.

I mostly don't wear any make up during the day, so just don't wash my face at night :oops: If I have worn make up and thus cleansed my face, I use my normal day cream. My skin is an annoying mix of greasy and dry and doesn't like rich moisturiser. Or maybe I just haven't used the right kind...Dr Hauschka Rose cream was way too heavy and Olay night stuff gave me spots (although the day cream now does that too).

Am contemplating using coconut oil for my hair and skin, in the interests of cheap purity.

Coconut oil is good for hair and removing eye make-up. I put rosehip oil on my face after cleansing and before I go to bed, which I like although it smells a bit funny.

My plan now with the Boots face cleanser thing is wait till I have £24 in points...I have £18 currently..I splashed out in the summer on a £20 Clarins shower gel which I adore but would never buy with real money.

i bought some cc foundation from boots yesterday. Normally i buy bb. (I feel riddiculous talking about cc and bb and have no idea what it even means!)
Anyway, the cc foundation is amazing. It claimed on the box that it would air brush your face to smooth perfection. Amazingly, it's actually pretty much done that. It starts off creamy and then blends together to become powdery and it makes your skin all soft and smooth. :cool:
It probably won't last & it was probably a fluke & maybe my skin's quite good at the moment anyway, & when i have giant spots, it'll still look awful, but for today, I'm very happy with cc. (whatever cc stands for!!)

Whoever said that their BB cream was giving them spots I have stopped using mine and my skin's a lot better (these things never occur to me :oops:)

I'm now just using tinted moisturiser.

i've been using bb cream for several years & going by the claim on the box that it will 'drastically improve skin within 6 weeks', I really should have the most perfect skin in the world by now. Hardly!!!

i've been using bb cream for several years & going by the claim on the box that it will 'drastically improve skin within 6 weeks', I really should have the most perfect skin in the world by now. Hardly!!!
Yes, that's clearly total bollocks :D I might give the CC cream you mention a go - I was going to get colour matched at No7 anyway - my tinted moisturiser is really a little dark for winter but the light is too pale

yesterday someone asked me if I'd been on holiday because apparently i looked 'a good colour'. Am a bit worried this means my foundation is too dark or making me look orange! Although the person who said this did say it like it was a compliment, I can't help being suspicious. I probably have a brown/orange face and white neck and look riddiculous :hmm::oops:

My itchy, painful, cracked skin at corner of mouth is back :mad: :( I am frantically trowelling on as much kind product as I can in the hope of stopping it spreading. Last winter I spent many miserable weeks with a huge red flaky patch at the right side of my mouth.

Skin on hands is going all red and bobbly too. Fuck this cold and old lark :mad:

i bought some cc foundation from boots yesterday. Normally i buy bb. (I feel riddiculous talking about cc and bb and have no idea what it even means!)
Anyway, the cc foundation is amazing. It claimed on the box that it would air brush your face to smooth perfection. Amazingly, it's actually pretty much done that. It starts off creamy and then blends together to become powdery and it makes your skin all soft and smooth. :cool:
It probably won't last & it was probably a fluke & maybe my skin's quite good at the moment anyway, & when i have giant spots, it'll still look awful, but for today, I'm very happy with cc. (whatever cc stands for!!)

Which one did you get?

I have used several neck products with just decent results. I heard about BIG BOTTOMS from a co-worker and decided to try it since she has had such great success with it. After only a few days, I could see a big improvement. The skin on my neck was much firmer, but silky smooth and extremely soft. I will would recommend this product to anyone who wants great results in this very difficult area to treat.

*editor: post sightly altered

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever said that their BB cream was giving them spots I have stopped using mine and my skin's a lot better (these things never occur to me :oops:)

I'm now just using tinted moisturiser.

Same. Back on boots no 7 tinted moisturiser... I use fair.

Back
Top Bottom