Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Help. My hair has gone slightly wavy and a bit frizzy while pregnant, and has thinned around the crown, temples and parting. It's growing back but I have some long thick straight bits, some coarse wavy bits and sort of fluff growing back where it thinned. And my scalp itches (partly tiredness I'm sure).

Any ideas what I can try? Usual oil is no good as it needs to be put on clean wet hair, left for 15 mins and then washed out and there will be some vomit/poo related imperative that ruins the process! (Plus the oil was for straight, fine hair but lots of it- not sure what I have now...) Something quick/efficient

my hair is wavy and more fuzzy than frizzy so i can't use most frizz-ease type products as they weigh my hair down too much as it's not properly thick like most curly hair. sounds a bit like your fluff but all over!

i use an Umberto Gianinni serum, it's in a reddish-pink tube and larger Boots stock it. just get a thin layer over your hands and dab/smooth it on damp hair then give your hair a half-hearted scrunch and you're done (that's how i do it anyway!)

my hair is wavy and more fuzzy than frizzy so i can't use most frizz-ease type products as they weigh my hair down too much as it's not properly thick like most curly hair. sounds a bit like your fluff but all over!

i use an Umberto Gianinni serum, it's in a reddish-pink tube and larger Boots stock it. just get a thin layer over your hands and dab/smooth it on damp hair then give your hair a half-hearted scrunch and you're done (that's how i do it anyway!)

I use quite a lot of umberto giannini stuff, it's mostly good and often on offer in boots.

I will have to adjust my expectations.
It's all about that as you get older :D

Then just as you get used to one deterioration, another one comes along. The fucking fuckers. My arms have started to show me age now, at the inside tops. No amount of exercise changes it. The skin itself fucking changes.

It's all about that as you get older :D

Then just as you get used to one deterioration, another one comes along. The fucking fuckers. My arms have started to show me age now, at the inside tops. No amount of exercise changes it. The skin itself fucking changes.
Hormonal changes, innit :(

Hormonal changes, innit :(
Aye mate. Bit of a shock when it happens though. You expect SOME changes, and then others take you by surprise. It's a constant process of accepting the changes, being happy with your body and finding peace, then accepting MORE sodding changes etc :mad::D Ageing - fantastic in many ways, but also quite a challenge!

Aye mate. Bit of a shock when it happens though. You expect SOME changes, and then others take you by surprise. It's a constant process of accepting the changes, being happy with your body and finding peace, then accepting MORE sodding changes etc :mad::D Ageing - fantastic in many ways, but also quite a challenge!
Yep, absolutely :D

On a positive note though, primer is fucking BRILLIANT stuff and I am now a total convert!! Fucking hell, what a difference it makes! I'm still getting over the novelty and shock of something that actually does work and makes you look better :D

I use this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/W7-Prime-Magic-Camera-Ready/dp/B007EN9B42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381404556&sr=8-1&keywords=w7 primer

Amazing that something so good is so fucking cheap!
Right. I've bought some. :thumbs: It's arriving by snail so I'll get to play with it next week.

REJOICE for I have discovered a haircare range which gives me consistently good, manageable and not frizzy hair*.
It's the Phyto range for dry hair: shampoo, mask, daily conditioner and keratin heat protector. They do a pre wash hair oil and an overnight treatment too which I'm now interested in...

*Let's see how it copes with the winter, mind.

On a positive note though, primer is fucking BRILLIANT stuff and I am now a total convert!! Fucking hell, what a difference it makes! I'm still getting over the novelty and shock of something that actually does work and makes you look better :D

I use this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/W7-Prime-Magic-Camera-Ready/dp/B007EN9B42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381404556&sr=8-1&keywords=w7 primer

just ordered some...and 4 lip glosses and holiday skin facial moisturiser :facepalm:

the lip glosses were 0.03p each....there must be a catch apart from the delivery charge??

My W7 stuff turned up about 5 days before predicted (props to saveonmakeup) and I'm impressed. I got the anti redness primer and the eye primer and I can feel my booze flush but not see it (at least, waaay less) and concealer (also W7 but layered on rimmel as my dark circles are serious) is still in place. :cool:

It didn't hide my flakiness but I suspect I just need to sort out my exfoliation regime and possibly smooth not rub my foundation on.

Large paper clip undone = best nail cleaner :cool:

I paid $14 or something crazy for what was supposedly the best around on ebay (the state of my nails did justify that) but its shit. I'm quite pissed off now that I know they could have just put a 'handle' on a paperclip end for a far superior product. Their flat screwdriver tip thing is too thick to get right under.

I've also found the the lids on plastic pens (the long bit sticking out from the cap) work quite well.

My W7 stuff turned up about 5 days before predicted (props to saveonmakeup) and I'm impressed. I got the anti redness primer and the eye primer and I can feel my booze flush but not see it (at least, waaay less) and concealer (also W7 but layered on rimmel as my dark circles are serious) is still in place. :cool:

It didn't hide my flakiness but I suspect I just need to sort out my exfoliation regime and possibly smooth not rub my foundation on.

What foundation did you use over the top?

I went to the bare minerals counter in Selfridges and was a bit underwhelmed by the staff, although it was a Saturday afternoon so they'd probably had enough by then. Got told I was medium beige although I thought I'd be a light :confused: got given a sample of the pressed version and wore it out last night. :) will try it another few times before I go back and buy.....

It arrived and I love it - feels like rubbing a cloud into my face...so soft and fluffy.

Can you use primer under just mineral power, or is it only for foundation?
I didn't try it with my previous creamy foundation. I did try the mattifying base and that didn't work at all with creamy foundation.

Good innit @clicker?! Does feel absolutely gorgeous. Chuffed with it :) And I don't think I'd be going back to creamy foundation until I'm drier and more wrinkly tbh - it's shit-hot this mineral stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom