Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

the skinhead lad with his right arm extended (no, not that way)? He was afa as far as I know as his face is blanked out in FT.

i have always been puzzled by the act of putting a black strip across someone's eyes to 'protect their identity' because it clearly doesnt! its a great pic anyway!

Last August myself and another contributor, Butchers I think, made a prediction on here, that one of the fall outs of the August riots would in the long run prove a boon for the far-right as a whole. I suggsted that repatriation in a veiled way may even resurface. I can't help feeling that the conviction of Suarez, the charging of Terry, comments by Starkey, Cleese, George Orwell's biographer, and Lionel Shriver are all part of that same dance?

Or is it just coincidence, that sense then certian public individuals feel licensed to say in public what they either think or say in private?

Last August myself and another contributor, Butchers I think, made a prediction on here, that one of the fall outs of the August riots would in the long run prove a boon for the far-right as a whole. I suggsted that repatriation in a veiled way may even resurface. I can't help feeling that the conviction of Suarez, the charging of Terry, comments by Starkey, Cleese, George Orwell's biographer, and Lionel Shriver are all part of that same dance?

Or is it just coincidence, that sense then certian public individuals feel licensed to say in public what they either think or say in private?

I think you're right ,Joe. I'm also a bit surprised the Far Right aren't being a bit more pushy on the anti "Finance Capital" front too. Since this division into "healthy" manufacturing business versus "parasitic" Finance capital has always been a big element of Nazism - and would certainly cut with the public mood grain. Maybe they are -- but I'm not up to speed on current fascist propaganda output. I could see them trying to join in with "Occupy The City" type events with their own agendas. Maybe their current submerging of anti semitism under all the anti Islamic stuff makes it a bit difficult to bring this old but perennially popular "Jewish Banker conspiracy" stuff out of the cupboard. Unlucky for them most of the high profile banker bandits are Scottish ! I'm sure that in private the Far Right must see the current crisis as a rerun of the thirties "Jewish financial conspiracy" stuff.

Next round of riots and all sorts of nasty establishment licensed xenophobic stuff will no doubt pour out of the gobs of various Right wing "celebrities" (and live fire from the cops too maybe ?)

The Head of the European Central Bank (cheerfully) says the strain of first quarter loan repayments of Eurodebt in 2012 could tip the Eurozone (and so the global economy) over the edge - so it could be a very nasty year economically and politically.

Merry Christmas

ayatollah - a mate of mine confirmed recently that some of the David Icke brigade were trying to "charm" their way into Occupy St Pauls and Finsbury Square, so you're not far off at all with your analysis...

I think you're right ,Joe. I'm also a bit surprised the Far Right aren't being a bit more pushy on the anti "Finance Capital" front too. Since this division into "healthy" manufacturing business versus "parasitic" Finance capital has always been a big element of Nazism - and would certainly cut with the public mood grain. Maybe they are -- but I'm not up to speed on current fascist propaganda output. I could see them trying to join in with "Occupy The City" type events with their own agendas. Maybe their current submerging of anti semitism under all the anti Islamic stuff makes it a bit difficult to bring this old but perennially popular "Jewish Banker conspiracy" stuff out of the cupboard. Unlucky for them most of the high profile banker bandits are Scottish ! I'm sure that in private the Far Right must see the current crisis as a rerun of the thirties "Jewish financial conspiracy" stuff.

Next round of riots and all sorts of nasty establishment licensed xenophobic stuff will no doubt pour out of the gobs of various Right wing "celebrities" (and live fire from the cops too maybe ?)

The Head of the European Central Bank (cheerfully) says the strain of first quarter loan repayments of Eurodebt in 2012 could tip the Eurozone (and so the global economy) over the edge - so it could be a very nasty year economically and politically.

Merry Christmas

There's loads of this stuff all over the occupy movement (on Facebook at least), ties in nicely with the NWO/9-11/David Icke conspiracy stuff, including people posting David Duke vids.

But then Steve, according to another good pal of yours, Glen P./Abu/?/none of us, have any 'real working class legacy' do we? At a public meeting in Belfast in July, accompanied by Hann's missus, he publicly denounced the contributors to BTF as nothing but 'armachair generals'.

Prior to that he had pointed the finger at another former AFA organiser as a 'tout'. This led to a formal investigation by the republican group Eirighi - at it should be said, the insistence of the victim of the smear.

After being interviewed by senior republicans, the investigation concluded that it was Glen P and not the target of the smear that was a tad dodgy.

He has duly been informed he is persona non grata.

Email to me from Glen Phillips Sent 21 December 2011 18:13

Steve, a Chara

Thanks for bringing the Urban 75 posting to my attention. I said to you at the time I thought it was Gary O'Shea/Joe Reilly making up stories as usual but I wanted to check it all out first before e-mailing you back.

I went down to Lurgan and did a meeting with Breandan Mac Cionnaith, the Genral Secretary of Eirigi. Tony (TC) Catney was present too. Breandan was happy to confirm

* Eirigi have never investigated me
* No 'senior republicans' ever interviewed me
* Eirigi never concluded I was a 'tad dodgy'
* Eirigi do not consider me 'persona non grata'

Of course I knew all that anyway but I thought it would be good to get Eirigi to confirm it publicly. If you need any information please contact Breandan, TC or myself.

It seems that Gary O'Shea/Joe Reilly and the remnants of Red Action like Clifford and Heddon are intent on casting aspertions on genuine republicans. My advice to activists is to take their musings with a pinch of salt.

Adh mor
Glen

I think we can no add to that the survey by sky that foundto 2 to 1 in favour of Suarez -plus the really tasteless T-shirts worn by Liverpool players last night in which it is Suarez that is cast as victim and Evra as villian.

Steve, a Chara

Thanks for bringing the Urban 75 posting to my attention. I said to you at the time I thought it was Gary O'Shea/Joe Reilly making up stories as usual but I wanted to check it all out first before e-mailing you back.

I went down to Lurgan and did a meeting with Breandan Mac Cionnaith, the Genral Secretary of Eirigi. Tony (TC) Catney was present too. Breandan was happy to confirm

Of course I knew all that anyway but I thought it would be good to get Eirigi to confirm it publicly. If you need any information please contact Breandan, TC or myself.

It seems that Gary O'Shea/Joe Reilly and the remnants of Red Action like Clifford and Heddon are intent on casting aspertions on genuine republicans. My advice to activists is to take their musings with a pinch of salt.

Adh mor
Glen

The facts are as follows:

1.Glen Phillps made an allegation to a leading member of Eirigi Sean Mcbradaigh, that he believed former AFA organiser John Heddon to be a long term police asset.

2.John Heddon responded by inviting Phillips to withdraw allegations or provide evidence.

3.He refused to withdraw and as a result was formally invited to make a statement by Eirigi. This subsequently took place in early July 2011.

4. in the interview he added significantly to his original accusation.

5. He also cited Debi Grue, Steve Tilzey, Dave Hann (deceased) and Louise Purbick as individuals who would back his testimony.

Eirigi found his allegations to be utterly without merit and rejected them in their entirety.

Steve, a Chara

Adh mor
Glen

You, Clifford and others allied to you made assertions about a person a few months ago (SP) Even if what you say about Heddon above is true...you then make those allegations against SP (then realise its bollox but get all sanctimonious about Heddon) A tad hypocritical Gary..

ayatollah - a mate of mine confirmed recently that some of the David Icke brigade were trying to "charm" their way into Occupy St Pauls and Finsbury Square, so you're not far off at all with your analysis...
A group calling itself uk collumn and/or lawful rebellion are involved in trying to infiltrate Occupy Movement.

It was taken on for a kindle version due to good sales volume, even 7 years on, and the fact it sells regularly(new). Also coming to end of print run ie its about to sell out. The people who have asked me recently on here what the print run was Ive referred to Milo. It is sometimes possible to update(rather than edit) a book for online/kindle versions but it does require a fair bit of planning.

You, Clifford and others allied to you made assertions about a person a few months ago (SP) Even if what you say about Heddon above is true...you then make those allegations against SP (then realise its bollox but get all sanctimonious about Heddon) A tad hypocritical Gary..
What assertions against SP?

Your associate SP has claimed he was active in AFA. He has never been involved with AFA.

He has claimed to me and fellow anti fascists that he knows me and fell out with me. I have never met him, spoke to him or even been in the same room as him prior to the MAFA meeting earlier this year.

What others (equally allied to you) make of this is perhaps borne of having served time as a result of the claims of the fantasist Michelle Mole.

The assertion I have put to you is that I believe SP was the person with you at DN funeral, and it was noted by myself and others, that your appearance midway through the procession, next to the AFA contingent appeared to be for the purpose of being filmed with AFA.

I am quite happy to retract this assertion in respect of SP, if you or SP confirm that I am wrong about the identity of the person being filmed with you at the funeral.

This is somewhat different from the accusations made by Glen to Eirigi with regard to John, naming him as a long term police asset, yet Glen remarkably failed to ever tell anyone in AFA at the time or in the intervening years.

I am led to believe that in his statement Glen also makes accusations against myself and the Noonans.

Perhaps your associate Glen can clarify these matters beyond claiming that Joe Reilly made it all up.

What assertions against SP?

Your associate SP has claimed he was active in AFA. He has never been involved with AFA.

He has claimed to me and fellow anti fascists that he knows me and fell out with me. I have never met him, spoke to him or even been in the same room as him prior to the MAFA meeting earlier this year.

What others (equally allied to you) make of this is perhaps borne of having served time as a result of the claims of the fantasist Michelle Mole.

The assertion I have put to you is that I believe SP was the person with you at DN funeral, and it was noted by myself and others, that your appearance midway through the procession, next to the AFA contingent appeared to be for the purpose of being filmed with AFA.

I am quite happy to retract this assertion in respect of SP, if you or SP confirm that I am wrong about the identity of the person being filmed with you at the funeral.

This is somewhat different from the accusations made by Glen to Eirigi with regard to John, naming him as a long term police asset, yet Glen remarkably failed to ever tell anyone in AFA at the time or in the intervening years.

I am led to believe that in his statement Glen also makes accusations against myself and the Noonans.

Perhaps your associate Glen can clarify these matters beyond claiming that Joe Reilly made it all up.
When Ive got a bit of time later Ill send you a reply but one thing quickly.Do you honestly believe I wanted to be filmed next to the AFA contingent. This confirms that your fucking deluded. and hence all your musings since before and after. You have hidden behind gangs/crews all your life Clifford. You think status is about name dropping and veiled threats. Doesnt this somehow fly in the face of what you purport is what the IWCA is about. Anti gang..against lumpen behaviour..anti drugs..anti racket.I take what you say in particular with the contempt it deserves..your world is too devoid of anything decent..your a twisted cunt.

When Ive got a bit of time later Ill send you a reply but one thing quickly.Do you honestly believe I wanted to be filmed next to the AFA contingent. This confirms that your fucking deluded. and hence all your musings since before and after. You have hidden behind gangs/crews all your life Clifford. You think status is about name dropping and veiled threats. Doesnt this somehow fly in the face of what you purport is what the IWCA is about. Anti gang..against lumpen behaviour..anti drugs..anti racket.I take what you say in particular with the contempt it deserves..your world is too devoid of anything decent..your a twisted cunt.
and a Merry Christmas to you too

I was at Dessies funeral as an old friend and I think its disrespectful for you to think that I was there to score points. Although we grew apart and seldom met in the latter part of his life..i was with Dessie when he went through some of his lowest points. Its not the place for details but it goes without saying that I looked at our friendship as something more than just being on hand as AFA muscle and back up against the fash..Yet you and your fellow comrades are constrained by your warped view of anyone who didnt follow your ways and cant recognise the fact that some people can genuinely mourn the passing of an old friend. The way you construct your arguments are more akin to Stalinesque conspiracies and thats why I think you cannot possibly have any relevance or place in the political landscape. Let alone be of any genuine personal worth. Your moments are too often taken up destroying peoples legacies and the genuine efforts of those that want to hasten change in this shitty world. Id like to think that your just cantankerous old twats but that would be unfair to cantankorous old twats.

Back
Top Bottom