Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

The main reason I left the SWP around 1990 was it's refusal to take anti-fascism seriously. All they did was malign their critics with character assassination and in one meeting, with a CC member, referring to militant anti-fascists as "nutters". Politically bereft.

I remember that, not their finest hour but what was? When they split?

1. The pre revolutionary situation analysis 2. The International Brigade to iraq 3. Cockers calibrated scale of ration btween size and insignificance of revolutionary groups 4, Johnny Favourites expulsion from the Revo boards

I think the support for the Jihadists in Iraq has to be their pinnacle of looniness, and all the more so due to the ridicule they received on here and how quickly they cooled on the idea

Victory to the resistance was the line of the SWP and of other lefties, though, so I don't see that WP can be singled out on that loony tune

audiotech i always thought you were still a swappie based on some of the things you've said in the past on here :confused: i obviously got that wrong tho, so sorry! x :oops:

Its been mooted in the book that Denis Clifford should have led the Manchester squad. Well he would have if he'd been more reliable. He got a bad rep for not making events due to either being hungover or just too lazy. Its clever to say that the Rocdale 8 lads shouldnt have gone up there but iif theyd have waited for Clifford to turn up theyd still be sat there now. Its great hindsight isnt it. You can call Tilzey many things but he was never a coward.(Harrogate) Your source is fuddled...too much you know what. Loyalty to Manchester was what was important and most of the twats posting about him were either from outside or cleared off to London. You know fuck all about the place.

Your post is somewhat fuddled too. Would you care to expand on some of your points. If you have things of interest you wish to share, I for one would be very interested to read them. But at the moment your post reads as very confused.

"too much you know what" - no. I don't know what. Please enlighten me.

For the record the book states quite clearly that JP was the 'leader' of the Squad.

By your refering to Tilz in the third person can we assume you are not Steve or indeed claiming to be him? (so why the strange username?)
And yet you still claim to have the 'inside' track all the way back to the original 'Squad' days ... interesting.

I dare say others will be along very shortly with some specific questions. Until then could you expand on the points you have half-raised above?

By your refering to Tilz in the third person can we assume you are not Steve or indeed claiming to be him?

After reading No Retreat, I can well imagine Tilzey referring to himself in the third person. Just the way he comes across in the book, like.....

Its been mooted in the book that Denis Clifford should have led the Manchester squad. Well he would have if he'd been more reliable. He got a bad rep for not making events due to either being hungover or just too lazy. Its clever to say that the Rocdale 8 lads shouldnt have gone up there but iif theyd have waited for Clifford to turn up theyd still be sat there now. Its great hindsight isnt it. You can call Tilzey many things but he was never a coward.(Harrogate) Your source is fuddled...too much you know what. Loyalty to Manchester was what was important and most of the twats posting about him were either from outside or cleared off to London. You know fuck all about the place.
You must feel good posting up someone's real name whilst keeping your own anonymity and then smearing the same person.

After reading No Retreat, I can well imagine Tilzey referring to himself in the third person. Just the way he comes across in the book, like.....

Tilzey is mentioned numerous times all in a bad light yet you bleat away about mentioning names..anonymously. The inference re Harrogate was that he was a coward. The people who go on about being so game and brave were pilloried for supposedly shitting it at the Enkel, all bollox i know but while you stick the knife into him hes bound to fightback using whatever fucking name he wants. The Red Action book does exactly what it accuses Hann and Tilzey did ie naming people. The ref to the arson is too much detail..furthermore the scenario with Tilzeys ex, I fail to how follow the master plan Denis especially as it was you who was shagging her.

I fucking knew it.

Back
Top Bottom