Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

I've never seen as many bald men reading books in the pub as i saw yesterday...

:D

It was quite amusing when topcat had to prise his copy from pastcaring's hands when it was time to go...

I read bits on the train journey back tonight, first thoughts are - well written, entertaining and politically sound - excellent stuff. I did have to squint a bit because the type wasn't quite big enough though.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the bookfair yesterday. End of the month and I'm skint. Any good gossip? Any fights?

Any good gossip? Any fights?

only about 350 pages of them (lively engagements that is... not gossip).

I am also happy to report that by and large the authors have resisted the urge to settle old personal scores and indeed kept it political with Messrs Hann and Tilsey

Unfortunately I couldn't make the bookfair yesterday. End of the month and I'm skint. Any good gossip? Any fights?

I did hear that during Martin Wright and Ian Bone's annual address to the anarchist movement, a smarmy middle class american asked them their position on immigration and Martin replied that he would kick the questioner out if it was up to him :D

Other than that I think lots of people did the same as me, run in grab "the book", and retire to the pub.

I was in a Rugby Club(!) in Leicester this morning watching my nephew play - I could have sold two copies in the clubhouse afterwards whilst queueing to buy a cup of tea, so I am hoping this book will break out of a narrow niche.

Sorry just realised you probably meant the bookfair not the book... airport lounges do melt the old brain a bit

Tilzey or one of his mates I would guess?

So he would seem keen to infer, but you can't really tell. I sent him a pm after his first incisive post. He did not reply.

Would be interesting to have him confirm or deny his involvement with Carter-Ruck though.

Well this was a good read indeed. I must apologise to all I met on Saturday, firstly for the sheer amount of Guinness I drank and secondly for ignoring them all as I read the book in the pub. :)

i am very disappointed i seem to have a challenger for Urban's most abused poster here, i hope he doesn't take abuse away from me

Back
Top Bottom