Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

Slow boat to China?

;)

cogg - wanted to reply to your e-mail but my computer at home has gone belly up (that e-mail address only works through that computer). Hope the settling in is going ok + good luck with the job hunting. I'll maybe try to see if I can do something with the facebook thing - otherwise it's PMs on here. John says hello.

L has a part-time job starting in November which will at least pay for food. I met a guy today who might be able to get me some security Guard work for evenings and weekends.

There are 400 posts - trev has asked this question at least 6 times. Once every 66.666666667 posts

and got one answer. I'd like a second opinion. Too difficult to understand? I've already got 2 very different opinions on type size of the Steve Ignorant book!

Bought my copy; only read the first couple of pages thus far. Firstly I'd like to take my hat off to Freedom Press - the book feels heavy in the hand and is of supreme quality. Secondly thanks to all involved in writing it. Even the chapters are spread out in a time/event scale which means it'll be easy to refer back to a particular piece of information at a later point.

And trev, the writing is MASSIVE. And on top of that, there's mister men style illustrations accompanying each page: some of which are incredibly violent so don't leave it where children can find it.

Just ordered my copy. Looking forward to reading it (and seeing the Mister Men illustrations...)

Bought my copy; only read the first couple of pages thus far. Firstly I'd like to take my hat off to Freedom Press - the book feels heavy in the hand and is of supreme quality. Secondly thanks to all involved in writing it. Even the chapters are spread out in a time/event scale which means it'll be easy to refer back to a particular piece of information at a later point.

And trev, the writing is MASSIVE. And on top of that, there's mister men style illustrations accompanying each page: some of which are incredibly violent so don't leave it where children can find it.

at last a second answer but i can't work out if it's sarcastic or not! I think i will probably take the risk anyway, my womans gonna get it for me for Xmas Oi Oi!

at last a second answer but i can't work out if it's sarcastic or not! I think i will probably take the risk anyway, my womans gonna get it for me for Xmas Oi Oi!

It was sarcastic. Just buy the bloody thing and get 'your woman' to read a chapter before bedtime each night.

The writing is smaller than No Retreat, trev, which had approx 35 lines to a page. This has 40 lines a page for a similar-sized book. No Retreat was also 280 pages long where as Beating the Fascists is 400.

More words on the page, more pages in the book. A win-win situation, surely?

(sorry to keep mentioning No Retreat as the bench mark just it was something trev had managed to read).

The writing is smaller than No Retreat, trev, which had approx 35 lines to a page. This has 40 lines a page for a similar-sized book. No Retreat was also 280 pages long where as Beating the Fascists is 400.

More words on the page, more pages in the book. A win-win situation, surely?

(sorry to keep mentioning No Retreat as the bench mark just it was something trev had managed to read).

well there you have it then, This is why i asked for second opinion. I had one person saying it's large type size and now you are saying the opposite!

well there you have it then, This is why i asked for second opinion. I had one person saying it's large type size and now you are saying the opposite!

One man's Red Rum is another man's Aldiniti. I've compared the books and given you an answer. Although I'm sure you'll still buy it so you can still thank me for doing that for you?

the spellin Knob ead

If you are Tilzey Bignose1, you used to give free fish to my mates Mum on Danesmoor Road in the seventies (no pun intended).

We have loads of pictures of you all at the Albert as well.

If you're not, sorry. That means fuck all.

Does it fetishise violence

or not.....

You can make up your own mind if/when you read it - until then the quote below hopefully gives you an idea where it's coming from

Contrary to the image of serial brawlers, this was always politics by other means. Or, as one AFA architect put it with it a straight face: “I never had any problem with the use of political violence, it was the fighting I didn’t like.” In other words, it was the political objective, not the methodology that excited.

If you are Tilzey Bignose1, you used to give free fish to my mates Mum on Danesmoor Road in the seventies (no pun intended).

We have loads of pictures of you all at the Albert as well.

If you're not, sorry. That means fuck all.

Just so posters are clear, this is the Albert in Rusholme, Manchester not the one in Brixton.Although why anyone would keep pictures of people drinling in pubs in the late 70s/mid 80s is open to question.

Back
Top Bottom